Status: I will eventually post the story more often when I really start writting a lot.

A Butterfly's Flight

Chapter Six

A couple days later…

“Evan’s” P.O.V

I pulled the car into an abandoned parking lot at about two in the morning. I turned the engine off and pushed my seat back so I could prop my legs up on the dashboard.

I looked to my right to Rose’s sleeping form. I brushed some of her hair back from her face, and couldn’t help but the notice the way her lips parted as she breathed. I watched as she breathed deeply a few times and moved her arm.

“You know I can feel you staring at me.”

I literally jumped in my seat from shock, “Good god, what the hell?” I asked, looking over at her now awake form.

She laughed and shifted my leather jacket I had laid over her last night to keep her warm off, “I could legit feel your stare. Do I have something on my face?” She asked looking in the side mirror and touching her face.

I smirked a little, “Nah, I was just making sure you were alive, you sleep like the dead.”

She pushed at my arm a bit, “At least I sleep. You haven’t slept at all have you?”

I rolled my eyes, and accidently yawned, “I’m fine, I don’t need sleep.”

“Liar, go to sleep. I’ll… read a book or something.” She said looking around.

I rubbed my eyebrow, “I don’t like, want to leave you alone, or something like that anyway.”

She laughed, “You’re not leaving me alone, you’ll be right here. I’ll be fine, go to sleep.”

I decided not to fight her anymore and rested my tired eyes.

Rose’s P.O.V

Evan had finally gone to sleep.

Idiot.

I curled back up in my seat and pulled his warm jacked back over me. I pulled it up to my face and sniffed it and smiled. I couldn’t help the fact that it smelled like him and I loved it.

I looked over towards him and sighed, I’m glad he convinced me to come along.

Tap, Tap.

I looked over to my window and saw a dark blond lady standing there waving desperately at me and banging on the window while looking behind her. I gave her a weird look and then she screamed and started running off.

Quickly I shed the jacket a jumped out of the car and walked off in the direction I saw the lady go.

“Hello?” I called out as I rounded the corner of a building and was met with a gruesome surprise. I found the lady at least, or what was left of her.

Her throat had been torn out, along with one of her arms. I noticed her blood splattered all over the wall. But it was lifeless look in her eyes that scared me the most.

Suddenly someone from behind gabbed my arm, “AHHH!” I screamed. The person threw me up against the wall. My head made a loud thump of the wall and my body slumped to the ground. I immediately got up on my hand and knees and looked toward my attacker.

He was a really tall, taller than Evan, and that’s saying something. He had short brown hair, was rather muscular and pale. I huddled against the wall.

Then I noticed the blood. It was all over his cloths, his hair, his hand, and all in his mouth and over his teeth.

I stared in horror at the man.

But then I heard a slicing sound and his head fell off and rolled over by my feet. I screeched and moved away from it.

I looked up and saw Evan. He was just standing there with guilt in his eyes holding a bloody knife. I just stared at him.

“Evan?” I asked after a minute.

He rolled his shoulders and looked away from me, “Get in the car and lock the doors, don’t do anything until I get back.”

I looked at him for a minute in shock then did as I was told; I really didn’t want to be attacked by another one of those people.

“Evan’s” P.O.V

I surveyed the area and cleaned off my knife before heading back towards the car.

I got in and brushed my dark hair back off of my forehead and remembered Rose.

I looked over to her to see she was staring off into space I put my hand out to put on her shoulder but quickly thought against it and put my hand in my lap.

“Rose, I am so sorry, I should’ve protected you better.” I hit the steering wheel with my fist, “god, I am so stupid!”

Rose snapped out of her trance and grabbed my hands, “stop you’re going to hurt yourself.”

I laughed, “You were just attacked by a vampire, and you’re worried about me hurting myself?”

She looked down without releasing my hands, “So, he was really a vampire?”

I sighed, “Yes.”

“So what else is real?” She asked softly.

I smiled at her, “You’re so inquisitive Rose, and well pretty much everything you’ve ever heard of is real.”

She bit her lip, “So, like demons and stuff.”

“Yeah, demons and stuff.”

She let go of my hands, “Evan—“

I stopped her, “My names not Evan.”

She scrunched her eyebrows together, “What?”

“My names not Evan.”

She tilted her head to the side, “then, what is it?’

“My name is Colton, Colton Owen.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, whoever stumbles here. So I finally give you his name! Woot! Ooo I'm so happy, I have 1 subscriber :)

^-^ yay!