Sequel: It's Like My Destiny
Status: COMPLETED

It's More Than Nature

Not-So-Silent Insulin

Party smiled at least he didn’t have to go the whole storm the castle thing with BLI, though at the moment he may have bigger issues than Dracs, with this girl aiming a slingshot at his head.
“I was sent by D to find You” He slowly lowered one hand, the girl jerked the slingshot aiming for his hand.
“I’m just getting my file out” he slipped his hand into his back pocket pulling out the battered folded papers, he slowly bent down and the slingshot followed his movements he slid the paper across the ground towards her. She shot a marble near his head and as he dropped to the ground to avoid it she slipped her slingshot into the holster and pulled a BLI gun out and trained the gun on him as she slipped her foot under the papers and bringing them up to her outstretched hand. She unfolded the paper scanned it once then twice to make sure and dropped the gun pointed at him.
He let out a sigh of relief as his hands returned to his sides and he plopped down on the steps of the art gallery, as he glanced at the girl he realized she was barefoot he was going to say something about it until he saw her eyes glisten as she crumbled up the paper and threw it.
“Is it true” she turned away from him as she began talking, looking towards the setting sun.
He was confused for a moment until he remembered what the paper said at the end her younger sister and older brother were still missing, the guys were on there way to search for them.
“My brother will find your brother and my friends will find your sister, It will be okay” She only nodded and turned around leaning against a pillar. He gave a short laugh and she gave him a quizzical look and he gestured around him,
“I used to live around here this was my favorite place to go when I would get out of my job, It was nice you know, the inside anyways the art was amazing I loved everything about it and I learned something new every time I came, what about you ever been here before?” he asked her as she looked down at her hands in her lap,
“When I was a kid my mom took us here for my 11th birthday” she laughed a little and continued “At the time I wanted to be an artist before all this” she gestured around her.
He gave a sad smile he knew how that was, though he resented the girl for having to ‘save’ her and splitting him and his squad up he felt sorry for her she had lost a lot and didn’t quite know how to cope with anything.
He started to say something but was cut off when the girl ‘Insulin’s eyes widened and said we have to go now she grabbed him by the arm and pulled him to the car. Insulin shuttered as she looked at the car, he sent a questionable look at her and she said
“I hate riding in cars and there are cars coming lots of them”
“What how do you know, I don’t hear anything, but i’ll trust you, get in and hurry if there really are dracs on our tail” He was unsure how she had heard anything at all and just as he was about to pull out a pigeon landed on the hood of the car.
“Drive” insulin said and looked worried at the sight of the bird.
“It’s just a pigeon, I used to see them everyday”
“It’s not just a pigeon, its blood is unclean, now hurry up and drive before it gets in”
“how would it get in the car and what are you talking about blood”
“I don’t know its just a thing its like I can feel its blood in my mind”
“And how long have you been mentally insane” he asked worried that she had gone insane in the lab.
“I’m not its just I know okay my brother and sister can do things to its something uhm special I guess you could say” she shrugged and Party was completely confused until he glanced down at Insulins waist.
“Your not wearing a belt!” It suddenly dawned on him “You dont have the belt and the radiation is changing you” his eyes grew wide.
“Belt?” but Party didn’t have time to finish before the pigeon fazed out and back into the car it opened its beak to reveal razor sharp teeth like a wolves.
“What the-” Insulin pulled her slingshot out in a flash and shot the pigeon in the head. she grabbed the body twisting the head around until she heard a crack and quickly rolled down the window throwing the body out.
“Why didn’t you just shoot it”
“Well in case you haven’t noticed the mutants cant be killed by rays so you have to go old school on all the mutants”
“That explains a lot actually, well buckle up we had better get going before the dracs show up”
“there almost here” she said placing her fingers to her temples “Go left” Party slammed on the gas and headed towards the sunset he glanced again at Insulin and his eyes slipped to the waist No belt he thought he would have to get her one before she was to far changed by the radiation. He’d seen it before if they were overexpose to the radiation too long she’d go insane or worse drac. He would stop at the safe house Diner she needed shoes anyway the bare feet wouldn’t help with dylakane cobra’s running around.
“I’m immune by the way”
“What” he said a little alarmed how had she guessed what he was thinking
“Mind reading its a knew one thats for sure but its a bit interesting your minds very uhm whats the word twisted?”
He laughed and pushed a CD into the slot in the car stereo ‘help, I just need somebody help, wont you please please help me help me’ and they rode off into the sunset Party and insulin laughed at his thoughts some happy ending this is
“Not an ending we’ve only just reached the middle of our story”
♠ ♠ ♠
So comment subscribe tell me how you like the story any suggestions you may want us to take? This is insulin reporting and I have another chapter really soon so read and tell me your thoughts!