Status: Out and About...Work in progress...

Love Remains the Same

Ash

Image

I arrived home soaking. Jimmy had wanted me to borrow one of Matt's t-shirts, but I had refused. So he insisted that I take his jacket, and before I could reject his offer, he wrapped me with it and pulled me for a hug. I was lucky my mom was out or I would have gotten into trouble. I showered, dressed into my PJ's and went down to the laundry room to wash Jimmy's jacket. It smelled like him, a mixture of cologne, aftershave and cigarettes. I decided to do my homework as fast as I could, so I could get a goodnight's sleep, or else I would be super cranky in the morning.

The next day I woke up early. I hated Monday mornigs, but I solaced myself by remembering it was my last year at high school. After 6 months I would be off to college. I dressed in my uniform, which was optional but I prefered to use it because that way I didn't bother about clothes every single morning.

As I was having breakfast my phone started ringing. I picked it up and answered without looking at the caller's ID.

-"Hello?"

-"Hey baby! Mind if I pick you up for school?" It was Jimmy.

-"Don't worry, I take the bus" I said, hoping he wouldnt insist.

-"I'll be there in 15 minutes" He replied and hung up.

I bit my lip. I would have a lot to explain to my mom if he showed up at my doorstep on a Monday morning. After a while a heard a knock.

-"I got it!" I shouted, but my mom had already opened the door. There stood Jimmy, dressed in jeans and a t-shirt with a huge smile in his face. My mom looked confused.

-"Hello Mrs. Parker! I'm here to pick Nicka for school" He said.

Mom looked at me, like waiting for an answer.

-"Mom, this is Jimmy, a friend of mine. Jim this is my mom" I said trying to sound as casual as possible.

-"Nice to meet you!"said Jimmy with a big smile. My mother didn't answer.

I smiled at him, said goodbye to my awestruck mom and exited my house as fast as I could.

I got into his car thinking, I may have forgotten to tell you, but my mother didn't like any of my friends. I actually think she was afraid of them. And Jimmy was not a regular boy. First, he was older than me( 1 point less for him in the eyes of my mother), he had some tatooes covering his arms and chest( that's another point less) and he dressed like me( all in all, not my mothers type of boy she would have liked to see me hanging with).

Jimmy snapped me out of my thought by playfully poking me on the ribs.

-"Dont' do that! It tickles" I said giggling.

Jimmy smiled down at me and started the car's engine

-"What were you thinking about?" He asked.

I smiled and told him my worries.-"She is gonna murder me when I get home" I finished.

-"Dont worry babe. She'll get used to me" He said.

We arrived to my school minutes later.

-"Thanks for the ride!" I said.

-"No problem baby. I'll see you after school ok?" He said as I got out of his car.

-"You don't have to do that" I said, frowning.

-"Don't flatter yourself too much. My working schedule fits with yours, thats all" he replied, winking at me.

-"Dont be a jerk!" I said.

-"Always baby!" he replied and drove away. I rolled my eyes. He was so silly!

-"Nicka!" a voice said.

I turnes around. I t was Ashleigh, my best friend.

-"I have loads to tell you" I said as we headed to our lockers.

-"That's what 1st period is for!"Ash said.

-"Urgh! I hate English. It's so boring!" I said.

We entered the class and braced ourselves for a whole hour of the most boring subject in the world. Ash laughed as I told her everything that had happened in the weekend and that morning.

-"He'll pick me up after school" I said, finishing my monologue.

-"You are crazy!" Ash said

I scoffed. -"So are you!"

-"Ms. Parker, if you would be so kind to explain to us what you were talking about with Ms. Court instead of paying attention!?" Said professor Berry.

I gulped and shot a smile at Matt's Berry face. "I was just asking a question"

Berry sighed and went on with his class. Not that I dont like the subject, but Matt Berry despite being a young teacher is the most boring guy ever. Unlike his twin brother, Jason, who taught PE and was one of my favorites.

I got out of first period zombie-like and headed to Math with Ash, who was happily talking about some guy she had met. I wasn't really paying attention.

-"Are you listening?"she asked

-"Huh?"

-"I hate you Nicka! I'm talking about something important" She said.

-"Pshh! You love me!"I replied and we both laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler. More soon.
Comments? Subscriptions?
LOVE YA ALL!!!
thanks to stamfordbridge for the comment.