the Return of Alice Parker

Prologue.

Ten years ago

"Oh dear!" Jennifer Thompson chorused dejectedly from her spot on the lounge. She was folding clothes while the news streamed the latest breaking news through the television speakers.

"Mom what's wrong?!" Seven year old Aleczander ran into the living room, skidding to a stop in his bleach white socks and his gameboy in his tiny hands. He could hear her gasp from the other room.

"There was a shooting in the town a few miles over." Jen grabbed her son and held him close protectively. "Oh gosh. That's not that far.." She murmured to herself.

"It appears that the fire spread out throughout half of the city and over a hundred bodies have been found. This is blamed mostly on the fact that the city had insufficient funds for a fire department in town and had to rely on nearby towns. Along with the city wide shooting, the death toll has increased larger than imagined. If they aren't dead, they're critically injured." The woman on the screen buzzed emotionlessly, but her eyes betrayed her with a small amount of devastation.

"Oh my. Maybe we should move. I had heard many rumors about that town.. Perhaps going farther south would be safer.." Jennifer mused before calling down her husband for this thoughts and opinions.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just an idea I got while listening to Outlines by All Time Low. I'd love feedback, and I hope you enjoy!