Status: RESTARTING

I Wish I Could Float Away.

004. lean on me.

I heard the door slam shut and instantly came to the conclusion Rian had arrived. I was proved wrong when Zack's slender figure came into view.
“What's up with your mug?” He looked as though he could burst into tears at any moment. He walked over to the sofa and sat on my knee resting his head on my shoulder.
“There's this guy-”
“Guy troubles? Seriously? You've found A GUY!” I squealed causing him to scowl.
“Not that kind of thing Jackary. This kid, Alex works in the coffee shop and, I think he self harms...” he went silent and I squeezed his arm gently. “H-he got angry w-when I tried to talk to him! I- I was just trying to be nice!” He started to cry and I soothed him gently.
“Zacky! Don't cry! This dude must be a dick! And I think you do fancy him,” I concluded with a nod.
“No, Jack, you know I hate self harming! People should focus on nice things l-like unicorns! Not on crappy things!” He sighed. “I just want to help him but he hates me!”

We sat on the sofa discussing the boy... What was his name again? Alex? Someone's hand fell on my shoulder.
“Cosy?” I jumped and Zack climbed off my lap sighing.
“Holy fuck! Rian! I didn't see you there!” He grinned and Zack shook his head.
“How can you miss him? He's huge!” I started laughing.
“THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!” Rian yelled at the same time as me. The room was filled with our laughter.
“So what are you two ladies gossiping about?” He flopped onto the sofa landing on my outstretched legs.
“Ow!” I tried to push him off me but he wouldn't move. “Fuck you dude!” He looked at me before standing up so I could move my feet before he flopped back down again.
“Remember that guy I was telling you about?” Zack joined the conversation. Rian nodded and Zack continued. “Well, I tried to speak to him, you know? To check he's alright. He seems to, I don't know, distance himself?” Zack looked down. “He wasn't too happy. He thinks I'm being nosy. I just don't want him to suffer it's just not fair,” He walked over to the flatscreen Rian had brought last year and plugged in the DVD player.

The title screen for Home Alone came on and I grinned. “If only someone could talk to him. Someone who he doesn't know. I think he just needs someone to trust,” He turned off the DVD player and I scowled. “But I don't know who to ask,”
“I'll do it! If you put Home Alone back on!” He sighed but smiled as he did so.
“Okay! Come to work with me tomorrow and meet me outside the storeroom when I go on my break,” He perked up and turned the DVD back on.

All three of us sat on the sofa for two hours watching the film. Once it was over I jumped off the sofa kicking Zack in the head and landing on the ground flat on my face.
“Jack you fucker!” Zack clutched his head. “That fucking hurt!” Rian sat on the sofa in hysterics as I pulled myself off the ground and walked into the kitchen.
“HEY RIAN!?”
“WHAT!?”
“COME HERE!” He walked into the kitchen looking slightly pissed that I'd forced him to move off his fat arse.
“What?”
“Get in the pot I want potatoes for tea tonight,” He scowled at me.
“I hate you,” he shook his head and stormed out of the kitchen. “I'm ordering take out! What do you want?”
“Food,”
“What flavour?”
“Any,” I heard him sigh and I wondered back through to the living room, watching with caution as he opened his wallet.
“JACK BASSAM BARAKAT! STOP STEALING MY MONEY!”

KABOOM! (That was Rian's head (but not really) It exploded)
♠ ♠ ♠
Just to be clear Rian's head didn't ACTUALLY explode. Although that would be cool.
Check out Roman's story Sure As Hell.
I'm realy sorry for the late update I'm ill and it's hard to right a positive character when you feel like shit. I solumly swear EVERY other update will be faster. ~SixersAndHustlers (Ali)