Status: RESTARTING

I Wish I Could Float Away.

006. if i could just find the time.

So when Zack literally dragged me out of bed this morning you could say I wasn't the happiest of bunnies.

"Jack! You promised! COME ON!" He walked over to my stereo and turned it up on full blast. I covered my head with my pillow. Even if I had promised I loved my bed, it was warm. I recognised the song blaring from the stereo instantly. You me at six, Save it for the bedroom.
I felt Zacks hands poking my sides and sighed.
"GET OFF ME! I'm awake!" He poked me once more before leaving.
"I'm leaving in twenty minutes! Get your skinny butt clothed!" He left my room and went back through to annoy Rian.
"FUCK OFF!" Poor Zack, today really wasn't going to be straight forward.

Clothing. Now. What does one wear when one is expected to force someone to be friends with ones self?

Isn't it obvious?

A hoodie and jeans.

When I was finally done with changing and ruffling my hair until it was beyond messy, I trailed downstairs finding Zack stressing over his breakfast.
"Dude! Do you ever just... Chill out?" I grinned as he poked his tongue out at me. He threw a pair of trainers at me. One sailed towards my head and I ducked hearing it hit the wall behind me. "Seriously? First you wake me up then you throw my trainers at my head?" He shrugged.
"Organisation is the key Jackary!"
"That rhymed," I pointed out pulling on my trainers. "Is the princess ready to go now?" he nodded and grabbed his messenger bag off the counter.

We walked together into the town, making dick jokes is so much more fun when there are innocent children around.
"So Jack, when are you going to grow up and get a job?" Zack tried to make small talk. We turned another corner and walked down a street full of shops.
"Never?" It sounded more like a question and Zack sighed.
"You know, my manager is thinking of hiring soon, maybe you could-"
"NO! I hate coffee," I lied.
"No you don't!" Oh yeah. Slipped my mind that he lived with me. He pushed open the door and walked inside I followed him to a seat near the window. "Just stay here! Don't move until I come and get you okay? Don't cause trouble either!" He warned as he ran over to someone that I assumed to be his manager.

I decided to play the hunt-for-a-hottie game. I watched the door checking out every woman or guy that walked through. I sat for about fifteen minutes with no one decent appearing at all. A tall brunette boy walked through the door as I was about to give up. He was skinny, practically anorexic but something about him confused me. He was looking down at the floor as he slipped past me. I caught a glimpse of his huge brown eyes and frowned, the outsides were red which led me to believe he'd been crying.

I watched as he slid behind the counter and Zack bounced over to him, Zack looked at me and back to him. I watched as the smaller boy gave him the cold shoulder and slipped out of view. So that was Alex.

He seems different to the average coffee house worker that's for sure. When I saw he was serving I got up from the seat Zack had assigned me and went over to order. He flicked his hair out of his face as he took the orders people were giving him.
"Hello welcome to Starbucks. What can I get for you?" I looked at the menu licking my lips.
"Actually my friend Zack works here I was wondering if you could let him know I'm looking for him?" Subtlety. Nice move Jack. He nodded and I watched as he accidently knocked his sleeve up. He gasped and covered his arm, it was too late for him to hide though, I'd seen the neat rows of scars. "I won't tell anyone," I whispered low enough so only he could hear me. He tried to give me a forced smile.
"Thanks," he mumbled. He looked more miserable then before. How do I do it?

He called Zack over and I grinned winking as Zack sauntered over. "I'm on my break. This better be important," He sighed.
"He's not happy Zack, I can't do it! How can I help someone like that!?" He grabbed my arm and pulled me outside the coffee shop.
"You said you'd help Jack! He's coming!" He looked down at the ground. "Hey, Alex," He mumbled. This wasn't the Zack I knew. Alex just glared at him and then noticed me, I saw a look of panic flash across his face, I looked at him in what I hoped was a 'You can trust me' kind of way. He seemed to relax a bit.
"I'm Jack," I held out my hand for him to shake it. he just looked at me like I was dirt on the sidewalk.

Who does this kid think he is?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading guys, I'm deleting a few of my incomplete stories so look me up if you wanna check them out! Much love to you guys! ~SixersAndHustlers(Ali)