From Brilliant to Brutal

the start

One day I got back after school and was dreading what my mother would say when I got in, she would have had the phone call from school by now saying how I had stole from the school canteen, and I didn’t want the punishment when I got home.
As I sneaked in through the back door, I heard my mother scuttling around in the kitchen making the tea, I tiptoed through the hall and got to the stair case, I put my first foot on the creaky stairs and that was it… she had heard my tiny foot on the old, feeble stairs.
She stormed out of the kitchen and down the hall way, I was too scared to move (I knew my punishment would be worse if I did) she came up to me and bent down, until she was level with me, her face purple with anger, I stared straight in to her blood shot eyes wondering what was coming, we stared at each other for what felt like hours, then she smacked me across the face, I was dazed, this was the first time she had every hit me before, I was petrified, surly she couldn’t of got this upset over me taking a donut from the school canteen.
I dared for a small breath and could smell the stench of her breath; she had been drinking, drinking a lot. She never normally had a drink unless it was a special occasion – what had gotten in to her.
I ran up to my room and slammed the door shut, I lay on my bed crying, I had only just realised how much my face was hurting me. I got up and looked in my body length mirror, my face was red where she had hit me but my head was bleeding where it had hit the banister of the stairs: had she intended to make me bleed? – How could she of she wasn’t that sort of person? So I thought!
From then on I tried to please my mother as much as possible, I did everything she told me as soon as she asked, I cleared everything up as soon as she had finished her meal… but nothing improved, she was still annoyed at me all the time and she was still drinking a lot. I was wondering if my mummy would every come back; but I never stopped dreaming, I would wait for my mummy as long as it took. I just hoped I wouldn’t have to wait that long for my beautiful, kind, ambitious mother to come back.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment!!!! i want to know how to make it better