From Brilliant to Brutal

school life

My teachers at school were all wondering where all the cuts bruises and lumps on my body were coming from, but I had mothers excuses as mother had brainwashed me into saying that I was clumsy girl and I always fell over and walked into things, the most used excuse was that I always had play fights with my sisters, even though that was more the sort of thing boys would do. My school teachers and the school nurse didn’t believe any of my stories. They said that these sort of marks couldn’t be made by falling over and walking in to things.
On time in the nurses room, I had been sent there because my form tutor had seen more cuts on my face that hadn’t been there the day before, she made me open my mouth and saw how red it was, last night I had a repeat of the washing up liquid, she asked me how it had got so red and I told her that I had mistaken some detergent for squash, as mother had told me to if they asked! She didn’t believe me as I had used this excuse many times before and she realised that something was wrong. As the nurse was so mice to me she hugged me telling me that it was ok and I could trust her and I would be safer telling her what happened, so I broke down, I told her everything from mother giving me time limits to pouring washing up liquid down my throat. I begged her not to phone home as I knew if she did then I would get punished for telling school mine and mothers secret. But the nurse told my head of year, and the head teacher and they phoned home, they had a long talk with mother about child protection and child abuse: I paid for it when I got home that evening.
When I got home there was a new game waiting for me, my mother made me clean the bathroom, but she locked me in the bathroom with a mixture of a detergent that stopped me breathing as it filled the room, she made me stay in there until the sink was spotless, the glass was gleaming and the shower was shimmering and she could see her repulsive reflection in the taps. When I got out my throat was raw, I needed a drink more than anything but I was scared to ask because I knew I would get another dose of washing up liquid making my throat worse. Luckily for me my daddy got home soon after and made sure I got a refreshing, cold drink to help my throat.
I was dreading the next day at school as I knew that Mrs Hook, my form tutor, would send me to the school nurse, and she would call mother again. I also dreaded school everyday because my class mate called me names, and bullied me for the clothes I wore, I only ever got my sisters hand me down! The only time I ever got new clothes was when family came over as mother never wanted to make a bad impression on the rest of the family, but ever since my mummy had disappeared no-one in our family came over very much, unless they popped by uninvited, and when that happened they never stayed very long as mother always made up stories saying we were just about to go out or we were expecting visitors, none of them were ever true and on the occasion that family or anybody did pop by I was always kept out of sight.
I wanted friends at school so badly but I knew I never would get them with clothes and a reputation like mine.