From Brilliant to Brutal

home life

What I wanted most was for my life to go back to how it was in the good old days! I knew now that, that was never going to happen. My super hero daddy as never at home and my mummy was being driven further and further away by this horrible mother. I had nobody anymore as my sisters started to treat me more like a slave than a sibling, my mother acted as though she had taken me in as a slave, I didn’t even sleep in my old room anymore, I was forced to sleep in the old attic room with the rats for company. The only thing that kept me sane was the thought that my daddy would come and save me from the mess my life had turned out to be.
I hated my life at home, I wished I went to a boarding school so I never had to go home to my secret life. Sometimes I would pray that someone, anyone would take me away because nothing could be worse than home, which I couldn’t even call that anymore, it was more just a house I happen to live in.
Mother seemed to care less and less about me everyday and daddy came back to the house later and later every night. Nothing was as it use to be, no-one was the same as they use to be. Mother had abandoned me as her daughter I was now the girl or it. She wouldn’t call me by my name so I wouldn’t call her mummy or even mum, she was the mother and I was the girl.
When she went shopping she would come back with food and presents for all her precious little gems, if I was lucky I would get a new sponge to clean the dishes with and if I was really lucky I got a new tea towel to dry them with as well.
The mother was creating more and more rules that I had to abide by, but she didn’t tell me what they were until I had broken one, she would then punish me for breaking one of her rules. The latest rule was: being up before everyone else was and having breakfast on the table for the time they got downstairs, which was never a set time anyway: there was no way I was going to be able to abide by this rule, as nobody in the house used an alarm clock for me to wake up by and I wouldn’t be given the luxury of having an alarm clock to myself, so I was never up before anyone else, and if I was it wasn’t early enough to make breakfast and have it on the table.
After breakfast everyday I had to clear up the dishes that my mother and sisters ate from and put everything away, then I had to make my sisters packed lunches and pack there school bags, then I had to get myself ready for school, and make my own lunch, then if I was lucky I would be allowed a scrap of food then I had to walk the 3 and a half mile walk to school, while my sisters went in the mothers 7 seater people carrier. On days when I was running slowly I had to do all my chores and get myself ready but if I wasn’t quick enough to get my own lunch made and have time to have any breakfast I would have to walk to school on an empty stomach, still knowing that I would have nothing to eat later that day either, and as I was so hungry from not having anything to eat that day but still having to clear up all the families breakfast things I was late from walking so slowly getting me in trouble at school, and if I was late more than 3 times a week a phone call went to the house – to mother, resulting in me getting more bumps on my head, and more bruises on my arms and more slashes on my face.
A lot of the times I wouldn’t eat the night before either as mother wouldn’t let me eat until everything had been washed and put away in the time limit, and then I still had a strict half 8 bedtime, so if they dawdled eating the food and I went a bit over my time limit then I wouldn’t have any food all night and have to try and make sure I was extra quick the next morning before school to make sure I had something to eat in the morning and a lunch at school.
Some days when I didn’t get any lunch at school I would steel food from other people in my tutor group or from the school canteen, but I had to be careful because if I ever got caught I would have a terrible following week as the mother would surly find out about it some how!
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment as i would really like to know what ppl think of my story and how to improve it - i havent written that many stories and none of them have even got as far as this 5 chapters so please comment on this!