Forsaken Dreams

Then I found out how hard it is to really change.
Even hell can get comfy once you've settled in.
I just wanted the numb inside me to leave.
No matter how fucked you get, there's always hell when you come back down.

–BMTH

It was still dark when I woke, all around me the rush and hum of crickets. I sat up and wiped at my face.

I swept my hands around in the blackness and whispered my mother's name. The continuing thrum of crickets and...moaning was my only answer. My voice rose each time I said her name, and soon I was screaming. I became aware of how vulnerable I was making myself, though, and held still, waiting to hear from her. Nothing.

What I wanted most was to go charging into the streets to find her. But I couldn't see well enough to do it, so I swivelled, shouting.

No response.


-----------------------------------------------------


IMPORTANT; PLEASE READ
**The plot, characters, and content all belong to me, FluffeeWrites.**

**This is complete fiction. Meaning the story is untrue.**

**The character's thoughts, actions, etc. are not mine in any way. Maybe a little.**

**May contain inappropriate language, sexual content, alcohol, etc.**

**This is a zombie apocalypse story. If you don't like how the story is written thus far, then don't read it**