Forsaken Dreams

XI

Wow I thought, closing the door to my room. I went and sat on my bed trying to process what just happened. I didn’t know what to do.

I wanted to get out and get some air. The only thing stopping me was the Returned.

Kip couldn’t stop me even if he wanted to. I knew he couldn’t force me, right? Whatever, I didn’t care about him. At that moment, my mind was set on one thing, and one thing only.

I walked towards the closet doors. I opened them to find lots of frilly, girly dresses and neatly stacked dressy shoes on the bottom. I moved the clothing; searching until I felt something. It felt like a handle of some sort. I started yanking on it, trying to get it open.

I was locked.

Just my luck.

I went to the chore of the end table to see if I could find a key. And there is was. A beautiful, silver, skeleton key.

Now we’re talking.

I took the key and quickly walked back to the closet. I opened the lock with the same efficiency. But I hesitated. I knew what I was looking for, but was I going to find it? I faced my fears and questions and opened the small door.

I almost cried tears of joy, just what I was looking for.

I pulled out the hatchet, and the little pistol gun. Weapons.

I put the pistol in the waistband of my black skinny jeans. Put on my back pack and lifted the window up, climbing out. It was tricky, since the house was very tall but I managed to manoeuvre myself down. Hatchet in hand I started to walk. I didn’t know where I was going. But I did know I wanted quiet. It was going to be a challenge, but I was going to try.

I avoided the Undead for a bit, but eventually they detected me. I started to jog so they couldn’t catch up with me. Jogging with only one thought in mind.

I need to find a hideout.

Someplace high. Someplace not to far. Someplace quiet.

Otherwise what was the point in this getaway?

I winded my way through buildings and houses, until I found the spot. Perfect. It was a beautiful cave on top of a huge hill. A hill I knew the Returned couldn’t climb and reach. So I started to climb it, being careful not to fall and well, die. Like I said, it is a huge hill, and very high.

A few rocks dropped now and then but like always, I managed to reach the top to where the cave was. I checked my wrist watch. It only took seven minutes. Not too shabby.

I sighed in exhaustion and plumped myself on the cold rock floor. But something was off, and I could feel it. There was something missing, and I know I didn’t lose anything.

That’s when I knew. I couldn’t believe it.

The moaning was gone. The silence was beautiful.

I laughed. Beautiful sweetness. Now that I had what I came for, I started to relax. No more tense muscles. I put down the hatchet and opened my backpack to find my sketchbook. It was empty of course.

Who had the time to draw during an apocalypse.

It just made sense. But now, I had the time. And I love it. I looked out from the cave and saw the magnificent view. It was- I couldn’t explain it. So I began to draw it.

The wind picked up, prickling my sweat misted skin. It felt good. Everything did. Oh, and it was wonderful.

I was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHOOP!
I know, I know..
This update is a lil boring

And I do apologize.
Just trying to put some drawing
action in there. ;D

Anyways next one will be awesome
and good, dw!

Subs?

C'mon, you know you want to... ;)