Forsaken Dreams

XVII

I slowly switch my gaze to where his was. To the gravestone.

In loving memory, Michelle May Kip. February 16th, 1976- July 19th, 2001
Loving mother of Aidan Kip. Gone, but not forgotten.


I was speechless. This was Kip’s. . .Aidan’s mother. And she was gone. What happened to her?

I switch my gaze back to Kip. He lifts his arm and lightly starts running his hands over the words carved into the grey stone. Tears spilling out of his eyes so fast like a waterfall.

I stop hiding behind the shrubbery and go to him, silently. Still, he heard me but stayed motionless, unmoving. I kneel behind him and wrap my arms around his neck; hugging him. My face pressed against his, and now wet from his tears. But I didn’t care.

“I miss her.” Kip hoarsely said, sniffling.

“Shh, I know.” I whisper.

We didn’t say anything after that. I think it was better that way, kneeling in silence, except for his odd sob. I let him cry, let him mourn by himself, gave him his space, but I still hugged him, letting him know I was there. Hoping my presence made him feel a little better, make him feel like he wasn’t so alone in the world as we both have felt these last two years since the apocalypse started.

I think about my mother. Her hazel eyes flecked with gold. Her dark brown ringlets that always framed so nicely around her beautiful face. How I used to stare at her as a child and wished to be her. I knew I wouldn’t be. I looked nothing like her. I was nothing like her.

I missed her too.

Yet how I only grieved for her silently. But it was all inside me still. Waiting to be let out. I cry too. Wishing I could have hugged and said goodbye to her one last time.

Me and Kip stay there, sobbing together, and wishing for our mothers back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am dearly sorry for the long updates, but
think of it this way. Longer = better.
Trust me, I think long hours how good this
can get. Sometimes I have writers block,
so please forgive me.
But here this is! Isnt it beautiful? On
a sad kind of level of course.

Please subscribe! I love you all!
Thank you so much!

;)