Forsaken Dreams

XXXI

"Thank you." I hear Seth say.

I come back to reality like the speed of light. "For what?" I ask.

"For helping me get through…whatever I was going through back there."

I brighten at that. "Don't mention it. I'm here for you whenever you need me."

He half-heartedly smiles at me. I move to lay next to the fire to keep warm. Ironic how it's tragically hot during the day but Hell freezes over during the night. I hold my arms close but a shiver escaped through my body and down my spine.

Seth notices this and lays down behind me. It takes a moment, but he puts his one arm around me, in attempt to keep me warm. It works but I don't say anything, I just smile and close my eyes. Bliss. This is bliss. "Night." I say to him.

I'm half-asleep now but I still hear him say "Goodnight…Kaelee."

~

"How could you do this to me?" How? I thought we were friends! I thought we were going to look out after each other!"

I'm asleep…or at least, I think I am. In this dream state, I'm not watching myself like usual. I am myself. I sit up and try to get ahold of what I heard just a moment ago.

"Hello?"

How? Kaelee, please…tell me."

Hearing it again, I knew that voice. It was all too familiar.

Why did you leave me?

The frustration was gone in the voice, now sorrow was all that was left. My heart leaped to this voice. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!

I stand up in search of this person the voice belonged to.

"Kip?…Where are you?"

You hurt me, Kaelee.

I'm sorry! Just let me see you! But there was nothing. No Kip. He even stopped talking. He vanished. I sink to the mossy and smoky ground and I cry. I can't come back Kip. I can't.

~

I gasp for breath as I sit upright. "Kip?" It takes a moment for everything to come rushing back to me and then I remember that it was all just a dream. I take a look at my surroundings…

The fire died and without that heat, I shiver.
The smoke coming from the fire was stinging my eyes so I quickly lay back down to get away from it.
I look to my left to find Seth still there asleep and hugging himself to keep warm.
The horizon was clear of zombies but covered in mist and darkness.

I sigh and close my eyes. It was just a dream I think to myself. Just a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a little treat for the holidays!
I know it's short, but I couldn't NOT update.
I'm also a little stuck on where to go from here so I've
been brainstorming.
Life Update:
-Been working a lot. It's the holidays, everyone is.
-Looking for a new apartment
-Looking for another part-time job

Not making excuses here but that's whats keeping me distracted from updating.
I'll try to update more, but in the meantime, Happy Holidays everybody!