Alone.

11

“So,” I hear somebody mumble from behind my locker.

Today was Tuesday. The first day back from the long weekend. The fact that we seen and talked to each other since Sunday apparently gives the indication that I needed to be talked to.

Nonetheless I knew this talk was coming. It had been coming for a while. And it had to come sooner or later.

And I was hoping for later, much, much later.

“H-hi,” I stutter, closing my locker door and looking at my feet, unable to look him in the eye.

“Can we please talk?” he asks, reaching for my hand, “I miss having my best friend here to talk to,” he says, taking my hand in his. My heart skips a beat when his skin touches mine.

“I know,” I sigh, leaning against my locker. I close my eyes, sinking to the ground.

“What happened that night, it didn’t mean anything,” he pauses, waiting for me to open my eyes and see him. He looked hurt, confused. “Right?”

I don’t know what he wanted me to say.
‘No, it didn’t mean anything to me. Let’s forget anything ever happened and go on with being friends.’

I could not get my thoughts straight. Everything was spinning. Stupid hormones.
I rub my temples, shrugging.

“I don’t know, Dylan. I mean, you and I-” I shrug. “I don’t know,” I mumble. “But what if it did? What if I actually like you?” I say, words falling from my mouth. “I mean--” I stutter. “I didn’t mean to--”

Dylan interrupts my random stutters when his soft lips press against mine. I don’t react at first, because I was shocked.

Except for that night, I had never kissed a boy. But this one was different because he was kissing me, and I was kissing back.

So this felt like my first, real kiss. And it was with Dylan. I smile at the thought as Dylan pulls away.

“So we’re okay?” I whisper, my breath shaky. He smiles, taking my hand. We get up and walk down the hallway towards the doors. Towards a winter break together.

But something in the pit of my stomach was hurting. Maybe this isn’t such a good idea. But any doubts I had about Dylan immediately disappeared when he spoke. “We’re better than okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ASDFGH!!
So, what did you think?
Worked very hard, and I think I love my masterpiece :)

Anyways, I already wrote chapter 12, so stay updated. Hope you all enjoyed reading!

Ta ta