Alone.

20

I walk down the sidewalk, hands shoved deep into my pockets, trying to keep them warm. It was cold, rainy second day of school. But that didn’t stop the large group of teenagers from standing outside the school, smoking.

“Hey,” I say quietly, walking up to a group of four people standing there, talking amongst themselves. They fall silent when I approach.

There’s two guys and two girls standing there, huddled together, lighting up cigarettes, looking around at each other, then to me awkwardly.

The one girl’s hair is pitch black, like a raven. It is long and straightened. Her bangs were covering her whole forehead and almost her eyes. Her eyes were a deep emerald green. Her skin was smooth, but covered in makeup she didn’t need. And she looked about my age but the thick black eyeliner rimmed all around her eyes made her look older. Which is what she was aiming for I’m guessing.

The other girl’s hair is a dark yet bright red. I could tell she dyed the underneath of her hair black. Her eyes were a rich hazel. And she is very beautiful. She has brown eye linear, not black like the other girl. But her smooth face is also covered in makeup also not needed. And she looked a little older than me, no more than a year.

The tallest guy is definitely the oldest. He had to be eighteen or so. Two years older than me. Why was he in high school then? Probably failed too many classes. But he has dark brown hair and eyes. And his skin is naturally tanned.

The last boy, I know. I’ve known him since I was a child.

His light brown hair is a little longer than I last saw him but it doesn’t go past his ears. His hair has an emo appeal to it. When he does the ‘hair flip,’ it flips out long enough for me to see his startlingly blue eyes.

“Kile.” I breathe.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will try to update more, my silent readers.
I'm not trying to make excuses but it's hard
with my job, and school, and co-op. Trying
to go to these events since it's my last year
of high school. So I am dearly sorry. If you
really want that next update, remind me. :)