Alone.

25

"Were are we going?" I ask Kile.

"You'll see."

Is all he says back. I was surprised. I just never saw this side to him and he probably has many more that I don't know about. By the looks of Kile, he actually looked pretty excited other than the blank appearance he always had. And he wasn't texting for once! I'm looking forward to knowing this side.

"We ended up inside a hardware store. I wasn't certain which though.

"Really?" I smirk. Seriously. "You brought me here? Why?"

"To get a few things." And that's when he smiles at me. I haven't seen that smile in years.

"Okay, I'm trusting you."

"Good," he replies

He leads me all the way to the back of the store, to the paint isle. There was rollers, paint brushes, and spray cans, as well as a whole wall of multicoloured paint. He walked down looking at all the different colours, running his hands over different kinds of brushes and rollers, picking up and brands, reading the labels and descriptions, and then placing it back on he shelf.

"Paint?" I ask, watching him go through all the brands, types, and colours.

"I didn't know you were an Artsy Fartsy."

"I'm not!" he snaps back.

"Okay then why are we here?"

"I told you. I'm getting some things." He looks up to meet my eyes. "Besides, you agreed to do what I wanted to do." And then he smiles. I nod and smile back.

"Good." He smirks. "Then let's go."