Alone.

27

Cold

Thats all I felt that night. And that's how my night ended.

"Hey Mattie!" Dani screeches, running down the hallway towards me and pulling me into a tight hug.

“Can’t… Breathe… Let go,” I mutter. She giggles, letting me go.

"So..." Eric says coming up behind us. "My dad is gone again this weekend." A mischievous smile forms on his face.

"Ooh I know what you're thinking!" Dani says, her voice getting louder with each word.

"Party?" I included.

"We are teaching you good." She beams. "Does Michelle and Kile know?"

"Not yet but they will. I'm inviting more people than last time." Eric replies.

"Holy fuck!"

"I know" He says laughing.

Eric turns to me "You're coming. No excuses." And then he leaves probably going to the smoke pit.

"This is exciting!" Dani says turning to me.

"Don't you always have parties? Or at least go to a lot of them?" I asked.

"Yeah but usually with small groups. More people. More of a rush," she said smiling. "Oh hey Michelle!" Then she said she'll be right back to me before she ran the short distance down the hall to talk to Michelle. Probably to talk to her about the party.

I leaned on the lockers watching the people go by me, wishing for time to fast forward so I could get out of here. I hate seeing the looks I get from people. It makes me want to crawl into a hole and never come out.

"Hey loner." Kile says startling me.

"Uh h-hey."

"What are you doing here all by your lonesome?" He teases.

"Just waiting for Dani." I say shaking my head towards where she stood.

"Ah," he leans on the lockers next to me and takes out his phone and starts texting.

I never really know who he's texting. But it's not hard to believe he knows people outside of us four.

Dani comes back with Michelle. Oh gee, more glaring directed at me from the one and only Michelle. But I didn't care anymore.

"Hey Kile, did you hear?" Dani says having a hard time controlling the excitement in her voice.

"About what?" He says without looking up from his phone.

Since I already heard about the party, I stopped listening and let my brain wander. These people were my friends. They were probably the best friends I’ve ever had. I could probably trust them with anything. But I wasn’t going to tell anybody my secrets again, because this is exactly what I thought about Dylan.
And look where he left me.

~*~


The music was loud. The air was hot and thick, and smelled like booze and weed. People were spilling out into the backyard. The floor was littered with beer cans and other garbage, but nobody seemed to care. We were to busy having a good time.

“Mattie” Dani yells over the music, pushing through the people. She reaches me and smiles, giggling loudly. “Where have you been? You’re missing all the fun,” Her words were so slurred. I struggled to understand what she was saying in her drunken state.

"I walked," is all I say.

“I fucking hate parents. All they do is fuck shit up. I mean, what the hell did I ever do…” I stood there, ignoring Dani’s drunken state. She never made sense when she was drunk. She usually just rambled about anything and everything. It was amusing at some points, but it got annoying really fast.

Somebody grabs my hand and tugs me away, saving me from Dani’s drunken rampage. She hardly seemed to notice my absence. I spin around to see Kile grinning. He says something that I couldn’t make out over the loud music.

“I can’t hear you!” I yell.

He smirks, leading me through a set of doors into a large kitchen. It was nice, big, and spacious. But it was dirty, and filled with booze and garbage and food. The island was filled with bottles and cans of different kinds of alcohol. It was so inviting.

"Better?" he smiles.

I smile because I love his. "Yeah, much."

"Having fun?"

"I just got here. I didn't even get drunk yet."

“That can be easily fixed,” Kile smirks and walks around the island and plucks a bottle of clear liquid, pouring it in two red plastic cups. He mixes it with pop and other drinks, before handing it to me. I take it from him and sip at it, loving the familiar taste of the booze running down my throat.

“There you guys are,” Eric says, walking into the kitchen holding a couple crushed plastic cups in his hands. “Have you guys seen Dani around? She’s-”

“Drunk as fuck,” I laugh, finishing his sentence. “I saw her when I first came in. She started rambling on about her parents and shit.”

Alex drops the plastic cups on the table, reaching for a clean new one, filling it with different kinds of drinks.
“Yeah, she’s been drunk since last period. Her and Michelle skipped and came here. They were drunk before I even got home.”

I laugh. That seemed like Dani. If she could get her hands on booze, she’d drink it. She loved to drink. And she loved to get drunk. She didn’t care what she did when she was drunk. She just didn’t care, period.

“You guys haven’t been drinking yet…?” I ask them. Neither of them was drunk. They seemed completely sober.

“I haven’t,” Kile says, nodding to his drink. “First one of the night.”

“I have,” Eric chuckles, walking towards the doors leading into the living room, “And I intend to drink for the rest of the night. Will you guys be joining me?”

Kile smirks, walking out the door after him. I wave him off, telling him I’d catch up with them in a few minutes. He shrugs, before leaving me in the kitchen, alone.

I smile, looking around at all the drinks. Different beers, sodas, coolers, vodka, rum… I didn’t know what Kile had mixed for me, but it tasted good whatever it was. And it was already making my head spin.
The kitchen doors opened, and I looked up, seeing who walked in.

My drink dropped out of my hand, spilling on my shoes. My eyes darted to the floor, my mouth clamped shut.

Dylan
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry to those who have been waiting for
this update. Quite frankly, I thought
people has stopped reading my stories
but thanks to XXXataktoulaXXX
I will try to update more :) Enjoy!