Alone.

30

“Boo!” Somebody screams. Warm, strong arms tightly wrap themselves around my waist, dragging me to the ground.
I screamed at first, then realized who the person was, and started cursing at them.

“Kile!” I scream. “Get the fuck-” his lips crashed against mine, quickly shutting me up. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know to smile, push him away or to kiss him back.
I gasp lightly as he pulls away, smirking down at me.
“Screaming? Really? You want to get us caught?” he chuckles lightly.
“You’re drunk, and an asshole,” I croak, wiping away my tears. That’s when his laughter faded and the grin disappeared, only to be replaced with concern. “What’s wrong?” he asks, hovering above me. “Why are you crying? Did I hurt you?” I shake my head, wiping the tears on my face away with the sleeves of my black sweater. “N-no. I’m fine,” I mutter, slightly embarrassed.

Kile doesn’t move to get off of me. He just stays there, his body hovering overtop of me. He was glaring at me, looking me straight in the face.
“Are you going to get up?” I ask him after an awkward moment, forcing a smile.
“Um, yeah,” he mumbles, getting up to his feet and holding his hand down to help me up. “Sorry.”
“It’s okay,” I mumble, taking his strong hand in mine. He squeezes, tugging me up. “Thanks.”

Standing, and still in Kile's arms I did something I wouldn't have done if I haven't met my friends. If they taught me anything, it's to grab hold of what's in front of me while I can. "What would you do if I kissed you?"

His blue eyes soften, and he smiles. "Kiss you back?" Kile lazily yet deliberately tilts his head as he stares into my eyes. My entire body hums and a fuzzy sensation fills my head, making it hard to focus. Kile slips his hand through my hair, making the back of my neck tingle with anticipation as the pad of his thumb whispers gently against my cheek. His lips hover next to mine, and his warm breath heats my face. My head inclines opposite his and the moment I close my eyes, his mouth brushes mine.

Soft. Warm. Gentle. His lips move slowly, exerting pressure. And I feel like I can't breathe, yet like I'm flying. The pressure ends, but his mouth stays near mine. his hand grips my waist and my spine gives at the shockingly right pleasure of his touch. Kile sense my weakness and his hand snakes its way around my waist, his strong arms hold me up. And he explores again. A little pressure on my lower lip. A little pressure on the top. And then I remember that I'm supposed to kiss him back.

Nerves send small shock waves through my chest, and my hand trembles as I raise it to his shoulders. I press both my lips into his lower one right as my fingers caress the side of his neck. Kile shivers. In a good way, I think. I open my mouth to ask when his lips move fast against mine, sucking in my lower one, causing warmth and excitement to explode in my body, the aftermath of that divine encounter melting every piece of me.

I moan, and Kile's arm tightens, bringing my body closer to his. My lips maneuver against his in response. A yes to his pulling me closer. A yes to his lips taking in mine. A yes to the fact that he allows me to perform the same succulent kiss on him. I can't help it. I permit the tips of my tongue to barely brush his lower lip. Kile curls my hair into his fist and I love how my touch affects him, affects me (especially after a few kisses). Wrapping my other arm around his neck, I lose all sense of independence with his sweet taste. I like this. I like this a lot.

Kile takes over again and kisses me gently once more. Twice. The third time a little longer. And then his lips let me go. I smile, looking down at my hands, folding them tightly in front of me. “That’s nice..Actually, way more even." I manage to whisper. He chuckles against the skin on my neck, about to say something when-
"Oh shit,” a new voice suddenly comes in. “You have got to be kidding me.”
Kile and I immediately jump away from each other. I pull my sweater back down I wasn't aware was up, as I search through the darkness to see who was there.

“First Eric and Dani, now you two,” James says, walking into view. He was grinning sheepishly. “I seriously need to get a girlfriend.”
“Agreed,” Kile chuckles, standing up and fixing his hair.
“Eric and Dani…?” I ask awkwardly.
“Fucking in the next room,” James chuckles, looking between Kile and I. “And I’m guessing that’s what you two-”
“No!” I shout, my cheeks growing warm. “No, it wasn’t-”
“It’s fine,” James laughs, holding his hands up in front of him. “Not my business.”
I take a breath, looking to Kile, who seemed to be taking pleasure in the awkwardness. He just shrugs, smirking at me. Then his smirk fades away. He looks from me, to James, then back to me, before he bolts away from us. I stand there in confusion for a moment, watching him run out the door before it clicks in. We are still playing Manhunt.

“Ah crap,” I mutter, running as fast as I could away from James and after Kile.
And so the game went on. We went on running and hiding and laughing and screaming. We hid in old furniture, behind doors, against walls. We made teams and alliances. We joked and we scared each other. We talked and we gossiped.

It had surprisingly turned out to be a really good night.