Status: A work in progress xD

The Only Exception

Prolog

Looking out into the ocean, letting the waves brush against my feet I couldn’t believe I had come this far. A week ago if you would of asked me if I’d be in -.

“Hey watch out!” Turning towards the sound I saw a football coming straight towards my face, my reflexes set in and I reached out and grabbed it a few inches from my face. “Nice catch.” Looking back to the guy that yelled out in the first place, he was walking towards me.

“Thanks.” I mumbled shyly, I couldn’t look him in the eyes.

“I’m Matt.” He held out his hand and I debated taking it or not, he would know then.

“Nix!” Looking around Matt I saw Zoe running towards me with a giant smile on her face.

“Hey!” Jumping into my arms we fell into the sand, the past week that I had been here we had become attached at the hip.

“I see you met Matt.” She said with a giant smile.

“Not really, I never got her name.” He said with the most amazing smile in the world.

“Phoenix, but everyone calls me Nix.” I still wouldn’t look at him and Zoe noticed.

“Excuse us for a minute.” She said before dragging me away. “What the hell was that?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She looked at me for a long minute before breaking out into a smile.

“Matt’s your mate!” She shrieked and I slapped my hand over her mouth.

“Just yell it out why don’t you!” I whispered loudly, her eyes widened.

“You’re going through with it aren’t you?” I sighed before turning away and shrugging.

“I’m only here for the summer Zoe, then I’m supposed to be leaving for Paris; mating would stop that.” Grabbing my shoulder she turned me around.

“That is the most selfish thing I have ever heard! Most people go their whole lives not finding their mate and you had the chance to and you’re just giving it up for Paris? I can’t believe you Phoenix.” Her hand dropped from my shoulder as she shook her head. “You should at least give it a chance.” Was the last thing she said before walking off. Watching my friend leave I thought ‘Could I really give love a chance?’
♠ ♠ ♠
The other chapters are longer, also this story is on Wattpad in-case anyone says anything :D
Please let me know what you think!