Status: Done!

Anniel

Part Three

Mom and I were sitting on the couch, huddled up with cups of hot chocolate.

“So who’s the boy?” She pressed again.

“Nate,” I sighed.

“I knew it!”

“What?”

“Well your auras matched!”

“Oh.” While I couldn’t see my own aura, other cupids could and there fore see our mate’s. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I wanted you to bring it up.”

I nodded.

“Did he make a move?”

“Mom!”

“What? It’s a simple question!”

“He did ask me out.” I looked down into my hot chocolate. I felt bad. Bad and, well, sad.

“And judging by your expression you turned him down. Why?”

“Why did you let go of Dad?”

Mom sighed and took a sip of her cocoa. “You know Sweetie. I saw his true love.”
My Mom had been with my father for four years before I was born. While my Mom was pregnant with me, she started working with a new woman in the hospital. It was then when she noticed something. The new lady and my dad had the same aura. Mom broke it off with my Dad and set him up with the lady. They’re married now with two kids and live half way across the country. I could tell my Mom was still hurt. Worse yet, she hasn’t found her true love.

“I feel selfish. Why should I get a love life when there are other who need my help?”

My mother snapped her head at me. “Anniel! You are not being selfish! You like each other! Meant for each other! Do you know where he lives?”

“Yes?” I was confused.

“Great! Come on! We’re going to him!”

“What? But Mom!”

“But nothing! Let’s go!”

She dragged me off the couch and out to the car. We were at his within five minutes.

“Mom-“

“No! Get out there and go!” I got of the car and looked down at my feet. Mom never gave me
the chance to put on my shoes. “Oh, and sweetie, you’ll need to hitchhike back.” She leaned over and slammed my door shut and sped off. I stared after the car with my mouth hanging open. A door creaked open behind me.

“Anniel? What are-“

“Hey Nate.” I turned around and walked up to him. I had a feeling that this would be embarrassing. “I wanted to say I’m sorry.”

“For?” I could see a hint of a smile cracking up. I wanted to slap him.

“Turning you down. I really like you and-“

“Oh you do, do you?” That grin was popping out now. He stepped towards me and I stepped back.

“Um, sure.”

“Sure? “ The grin was out now. Well it was more like a smirk.

I glared at him. “Are you going to make fun of me? ‘Cause you know I could just walk home right now and-“ I had started to turn around but Nate grabbed my hand.

“No wait. I’m sorry. I’ll drive you home. Or would you like to go on a date right now? It’s still Valentine’s- where are you shoes?”

I laughed and hugged him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I enjoyed writing this! And thank you for reading!
Thanks to MirandaRose for her comments and help and thanks to grape1!
Comments are still loved!