Creases

A Classic

They do not have any respect for us. Most of them, at least. There are the select few that have any respect for us, and even fewer that have the proper respect we deserve.

But what exactly can we do about it? We cannot do anything at all. We cannot talk to them. We cannot explain to them how to properly handle us. We cannot tell them that it hurts a great deal when they fold us like they do. We cannot tell them that leaving creases in us is one of the most disrespectful things any person can do to us.

There is absolutely nothing that any of us can do about any of it. We must simply put up with it. We must accept it all as a fact of life.

We are, after all, owned by them. They have the real power over us.

Of course, there are the fleeting moments when we have control over them. If, and when, they get to know us well enough, we can assert a kind of power and control them. Only some of us have this ability, though. Others may try, but fail in the end. It is a rare occurrence when one of us can get that control. Even rarer an occurrence is that of tears. Very few of us can have so much power over our owners that we can provoke tears.

I am lucky enough to be one of the very few. I am what they call “a classic”. And from what I have witnessed, I am a very powerful “classic”.

I am The Tale of Two Cities of course.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, not too sure of this one.
I guess I'm just not sure about how I feel about any of my drabbles...

Any thoughts on this?