The Hearts Dark Passions

Chapter 13

The last thing I remember was a long hard wooden bat connecting with the side of my head. I crumpled to the ground. Then something was jabbed into the side of my ribs. All the air in my lungs escaped and I blacked out cold... Again...

... I woke up to the sound of 'beep...beep...beep...' I started to open my eyes. Everything was hazey.  When my vision cleared, I noticed I was in a hospital. I saw something move beside me. I tried to turn my head, but it hurt too much. "No, don't move, Taylor." I heard a familiar voice say. To the sound of the voice, I rolled onto my side so my back was to him, although it was quite painful and I winced while moving. "Taylor, I said don't move. You're going to hurt yourself again." I rolled back onto my back so I could stare into those husky ice blue eyes that stared down at me. "What do you want Cory?" I asked. "What am I doing in the hospital? And what are you doing here anyway?" I questioned him. 
"Calm down Taylor. Don't you remember what happen?" he asked calmly. 
"I remember you yelling at me and I got out of the truck and you drove away. And then..." I trailed off, the memories flooding back. "Taylor, what do you remember?" Cory asked. 
"Some guys got out of a car and hit me upside the head with a baseball bat and then someone kicked me in the ribs. That's all I remember." I said. Then the doctor walked in. "Well, I see out patient is awake." the doctor said. "It's about time you woke up." I looked at him. 
"How long have I been asleep doctor?" I asked
"It's been five days." the doctor stated 
"Five days!!" I exclaimed 
"Yes, well you have quite a serious concussion and you have five broken ribs." the doctor said. "Luckily for you, your boyfriend here found you before any permanent damage could set in." the doctor continued. 
"Oh, he's not my boyfriend." I said matter-of-factly. "So when can I leave doctor?" I asked with anticipation. 
"You can leave as soon as you fill out some paperwork for me." the doctor replied. 

*FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER*

I had all the paperwork filled out and I was walking out the door. Fresh air!! "Cory?" I said. 
"Yes." he replied
"Why did you come back for  me?" I asked with compassion. 
"I couldn't just leave you there. I have feelings for you Taylor." he said with an unusual tone in his voice. I stared at him. We had arrived at the truck. "So will you stay?" Cory asked. 
"Well I'm definitely not  going to live with my dad anymore." I replied. 
"Okay, so you'll stay with me." he said. I nodded and then got in the truck. As I sat down, I was washed over with the sudden feeling of drowsiness. I fell asleep right after I clicked in my seatbelt. 

*WHAT FELT LIKE MOMENTS LATER*

The only thing that disturbed me was Cory saying "Taylor, we're here." I acknowledged him with "MMM..." and he grabbed me and carried me in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as he carried me into the house. I don't even remember him closing the truck door I was so tired. 

*HOURS LATER*

I awoke not knowing where I was. Then all the memories flooded back. I looked beside me. Cory wasn't there. I got up and walked to the bathroom. "AHHH!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i took soo long to updated