The Music or the Misery?

Conversing.

Kiara, Chris, and Emily wandered over to their usual table with their lunch trays in hand, Alex trailing behind. Sitting down at the circular table, Chris and Emily made sure to sit next to each other, Kiara on the other side of Emily, and Alex between Kiara and Chris. Emily blushed as Chris's hand slipped under the table and gently he wove his fingers through hers. As the two blushed, Kiara smiled at them and turned to Alex as she opened her milk.

"So... you play?" she asked, taking a sip from the milk carton in her hand, as Alex picked around his lunch with his fork.

"Yeah, bass guitar, and you?" he asked, glancing at her in interest.

"Just generic electric guitar, but I sing too. My shower head and mirror are very impressed," she added in jokingly. Alex chuckled and replied with a smile.

"That's cool. I'm sure a pretty girl like you can't sound that bad," he said, and she felt her cheeks heat up. Emily noticed and slightly nudged Kiara with her elbow as Kiara's wide eyes looked down.

"Oooo someone's blushing. Does someone have an itty bitty crush?" she asked, smirking. Kiara's eyes widened even more, and her face grew redder as she jerked her head to the side to glance at her. Alex blushed as well, glancing nervously from Emily to Kiara.

"E-Emily! I most certainly do not like him! I just met him!" Kiara said, panicing slightly. Alex nodded in agreement and Chris and Emily laughed.

"I'm just kidding!" Emily laughed as Kiara lightly punched her arm, going back to eating her lunch.

An idea popped into Kiara's head suddenly and she turned to Alex.

"Maybe you could come to my place and we could play together. I write the music for my songs, and I could write a bass part too."

"You write songs? Like, lyrics and stuff? Can I see?" Alex asked, interested. He was crap at writing lyrics.

"Sure. Wanna come over after school and see?" she asked with a smile.

"Sure." he said with a smile.