Status: Work in progress(:

28 Things Guys Don't Know

Sunday

Secret #3: All she wants is someone who will love her endlessly

"I can't believe its already Sunday," Kelsey sighed as she and Siri walked out of Siri's house and to town.

"I know," Siri's tone matched Kelsey's. "Why do we have to go back to school tomorrow?"

"Because, my dear girl, we're mere children in a world filled with adults who feel that they can tell us what to do," she joked. "Besides, aren't you worried about your education?"

"Of course I am, Mommy," Siri smirked, playing along. Kelsey was always the one looking out for her, so they joked that Kelsey was Siri's "teen mother". Siri's voice abrubtly changed to a serious tone. "But seriously Kels, tell me how learning about gene mutation will ever help me become a famous fashion designer."

Kelsey rolled her eyes at Siri, but didn't say anything more. Instead, she changed the subject, "What do you want to do today?"

Siri shrugged, "Let's get smoothies. I really want a Strawberry Banana Blast right now."

"Okay," Kelsey agreed.

The two walked down the street and within ten mintues, they were walking through the park that was just by the small shopping complex where the smoothie shop was. As they walked through the park, some guys were playing soccer, the ball suddenly came flying at them. Kelsey shrieked and ducked, but Siri stuck her arm out to catch the ball. She easily grasped the ball and through it back to the guys. She truned to continue walking to the smoothie shop, when Kelsey grabbed her arm.

"Wait," she said, "Jetts over there. Don't you want to say hi?"

Siri shook her arm out of Kelsey's grasp, "Not really."

"Why?" Kelsey wondered, "I mean, he is your boyfriend."

"Yeah, but I don't like him very much. remember?"

Kelsey rolled her eyes, but didn’t argue further. Anyone who knew Siri knew that she never lost an argument. They began walking again, but before they could get very far, a voice called out, asking them to stop. They paused and turned to find Jett jogging up to them.

“Hey, Siri,” he greeted, “Kelsey.”

Kelsey smiled and squeezed Siri’s arm softly to wish her good luck. “I’ll just meet you there,
Siri,” Kelsey said, leaving the two to talk.

“Thanks,” Siri muttered sarcastically under her breath.

“Any time,” Kelsey replied softly, winking.

Siri rolled her eyes, but turned to face Jett. She smiled in greeting, “Hey, Jett.”

“Why didn’t you stop to say hi?” he wondered.

“Just because I’m your girlfriend for the time being doesn’t mean I like you just yet,” Siri shrugged. “Besides, you were playing soccer. I didn’t want to interrupt.”

Jett chuckled at her tone of voice, “Well, I thank you for your consideration, but I can always make time for you.”

Siri couldn’t help but giggle. Suddenly, they were interrupted by the soccer ball, which was, once more, hurtling towards Siri’s head. Luckily, she reacted quick enough and caught it.

“Jett,” someone called from the grassy park, “Come on!”

“One sec!” Jett called back, rolling his eyes.

Siri peered over at where the ball had come from and saw Zane standing over amongst the guys with a smirk on his face. She narrowed her eyes and tossed the ball lightly into the air, kicking it as hard as she could as it fell down to just the right height. Just like she’d hoped, it whizzed through the air and would’ve hit Zane in the head if he hadn’t ducked. He glared at her, and she smirked disdainfully back at him.

“God, I can’t wait to get out of this town,” Siri mumbled.

“You’re leaving?” Jett asked.

Siri nodded, “Yup. I’m going to college in Rhode Island.”

“Why Rhode Island? It’s all the way on the other side of the country.”

“Which is the basis of its appeal,” Siri grinned. “Also, I’ve always wanted to become a fashion designer, so Rhode Island School of Design is a good place for me to go. Besides, I’ve never really fit in here. I need to get away.”

“Oh,” was all Jett said.

“There, there, Jett,” Siri patted his shoulder, “It’s not so bad. I’ll probably still come back on holidays to visit. I’m definitely going to miss Kelsey, and maybe you. I mean, yeah, it’s going to be tough moving across the country, but becoming a fashion designer is my dream. I’ve wanted to do this ever since I was little.”

“Well, I guess, y’know, it’s your dream. I have no right to impose on your decisions. I just wish you didn’t have to go so far away to achieve your goals,” Jett said, smiling weakly. He looked down and bit his lip for a moment before looking back up at her, “Look, Siri, I know I’ve always been kind of mean to you, and I haven’t always said the right things to you in the past few years, but…”

“But, I think you just said the perfectly right thing right now,” Siri assured him, smiling genuinely.

Jett grinned, pulling Siri into a loose hug. Siri giggled. His arms rested around her waist, and for the first time, she didn’t feel the urge to flinch away. Instead, she felt, strangely enough, ever so slightly drawn to him. Not in the emotional way that she’d expected to be drawn to a boyfriend, but it was more of a physical attraction than anything. This realization shocked her. She’d never expected to be drawn to him in any way, no matter how small the attraction was.

“Secret number three,” Siri said softly, “Is that every girl really just wants someone who will love her endlessly.”

Siri paused for a moment, and she seemed to be debating about something. After a brief moment’s contemplation, she seemed to have made her decision. She whispered to Jett, “Thank you.”

She stood up on her toes and planted a quick kiss on his cheek before smiling shyly at him and walking away. She waved over her shoulder at him before turning away to find Kelsey. She smiled to herself and fidgeted with the ring that she wore on the index finger of her right hand. She bit her lip wistfully as she walked towards the smoothie shop. Suddenly, Kelsey jumped out at her, making Siri flinch in surprise.

“Geez, Kels, you scared me,” Siri said, placing a hand atop her thumping heart.

“You so like him,” Kelsey gushed.

“What?” Siri’s eyes widened, “No, I don’t.”

“Yes you do,” Kelsey insisted. “I mean, did you not notice your expression right there? You were acting like a love-struck schoolgirl.”

Siri rolled her eyes, “Like I ever act like that.”

“You just did!” Kelsey said, arguing only half-heartedly now. Siri had her mind set again, and there was no way Kelsey was going to win this little dispute.

“I don’t like him,” Siri stated simply. “End of story.”

And that was the truth, for the most part. True, Siri still didn’t like him, but even she couldn’t deny that something was pulling her towards Jett, bit by bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
CommentI(: