Status: Work in progress(:

28 Things Guys Don't Know

Monday Part 2

Siri, Kelsey, Jett, and Reese strolled through the halls of the school, trying to kill some time before the bell signaled the end of lunch. They ended up outside into the school's courtyard. Siri automatically walked towards the big maple tree that was Siri and Kelsey's favorite meeting spot. Siri sighed and sat down on the ground underneath the tree.

"Oy," Siri yawned. "I'm so tired."

Kelsey laughed, "Take a nap."

"Oh, you know I can't fall asleep in the middle of the day," Siri said.

Kelsey shrugged, "Your loss."

Siri stuck out her tounge at Kelsey and pulled out her iPod. She stuck her headphones in her ears and leaned back against the tree, closing her eyes in a half-hearted attempt to fall asleep. Suddenly, the bell rang, startling Siri. Her eyes popped wide open and she flinched at the loud noise. She relaxed after a moment and stood to say goodbye the Kelsey.

"See you seventh period," Siri waved to Kelsey.

Kelsey waved and walked away with Reese, the two of them talking and laughing along the way. Over the short lunch break, the two had become fast friends despite previous tensions between their two social groups. Siri sighed, and say back down under the tree, perparing the spend the next fourty-five minutes listening to music. She was surprised when Jett sat down next to her.

"You have this free period too?" she asked.

"Yup," Jett nodded.

"Why don't I ever see you aroud?"

Jett shrugged, "I knew you didn't like me, and I didn't want to bug you."

"Aw, how very considerate of you," Siri cooed.

Jett chuckled. He pulled a notebook out of his backpack as Siri stuck her headphones back in her ears.

Jett looked over at her.

"Aren't you going to do any work?" he asked.

"Nope," Siri shook her head, "I usually don't do any work until I get home. It's probably not the smartest thing to do, but I'm not looking to get an A-plus here. I just want to pass."

Jett shook his head. He reached over and pulled one of the headphones out of Siri's ear.

"Then talk to me," he requested.

Siri sighed and put her iPod away. She tilted her head over to look at him, "What do you want to talk about?"

Jett shrugged, "Ask me anything?"

"Okay," Siri thought for a moment. "Alright, I got one. You said you've liked me ever since you moved here freshman year, right?"

Jett nodded, so Siri continued with her question, "So why, then, were you such a player? You've gone out with most of the girls in this grade at this point."

Jett smiled sheepishly and shook his head. "You're going to think I'm stupid."

"I already think your stupid, now tell me," Siri prodded. "You promised."

Jett sighed and started up at the sky. "Well, I think at first I thought that if I were to go out with someone, it would attract your attention. And then I got thinking that if you paid attention to me, you'd maybe like me. And if you liked me, then maybe you'd be jealous.

Jett's voive trailed off at the end, and he still didn't meet Siri's eyes. Siri was silent for a moment before she bursted out in hysterical laughter. She laughed until her stomach hurt and her cheeks were flushed. She was out of breath as she collapsed on Jett's shoulder, holding her stomach as her laughter petered out to soft giggles.

"Oh, Jett, you'r so silly," she said in between giggles. "No girl in her right mind would think like that."

Jett chuckled, "I guess. But I'm just a guy. What do I know?"

“True, true,” Siri agreed. She sighed and told him, “Secret number four is that life was so much easier when boys had cooties and no one had to worry about nonsensical things like this.”

Siri giggled softly some more before her laughs died down completely. She continued to lean peacefully on Jett’s shoulder, growing sleepier by the minute. Soon, she drifted off into a light sleep. Jett smiled softly at her serene expression, thinking about what she’d said a moment before. A while later, Jett shook her softly, waking her up before the bell rang and startled her again. Siri stirred and blinked a few times before slowly sitting up straight.

She stretched and asked, “Did I fall asleep?”

Jett nodded, and Siri raised an eyebrow.

“Really?” she wondered. “That’s a first. I’m usually way to wound up to fall asleep during the day.”

Siri brought her knees up to her chest and tilted her head to look at Jett. “Why’d you wake me up?”

“Because the bell’s about to ring in—” Jett started to say. Suddenly the bell rang and Jett rolled his eyes, “Zero minutes. C’mon, we have to go to class.”

Siri giggled softly and stood, brushing some dirt off of her pants. He soon stood as well, and they both grabbed their backpacks.

“I’ll walk you to class,” Jett offered. “What do you have next?”

“Español,” Siri smiled.

Jett chuckled as the two walked through the halls. As they walked, they talked easily, and soon, they arrived at the Spanish classroom. Jett leaned in slightly to give Siri a goodbye kiss, but Siri, once again, rested her finger on his lips and shook her head.

“When are you going to let me kiss you?” Jett asked, his voice soft.

“The end of this week,” Siri replied in a voice just as soft, “If you’re lucky.”

She smiled at him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before turning to walk into the Spanish classroom. She was being difficult, and she knew it. But she was determined to make a point. She wanted to see if he could make it through a week at school without returning to his previous, mean ways. If he made it then maybe, just maybe he actually had it in him to be a good boyfriend.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are heating up(: