Status: Work in progress(:

28 Things Guys Don't Know

Tuesday

Secret #5: I'd rather argue with you then kiss someone else

BRING

As the bell rang signaling the end of third period, everyone snapped their binders shut and stuffed them in their backpacks. A moment later, the sound of a chair scrapping against the floor filled the air as people stood to exit the room. Jett and Siri walked togehter out of the room, finishing up a converstation they'd been having via text all through Math class.

"You play soccer?" Jett asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yup," Siri nodded, "but I quit after eighth grade because it got super competitive. People starting taking it too seriously and it stopped being so much fun. But that doesn't mean I don't know how to play anymore."

"Is that so?" Jett's mouth began to curve into a smile. "Then I may have to challange you to a game someday."

"Is that a threat?" Siri asked playfully.

"It's a promise," Jett smirked.

Oh, I'm scared now," Siri teased.

Jett chuckled and shook his head. They were quiet for a moment as they walked down the hall. When they got to a fork in the hallway, Jett stopped and turned. "I have to go to English," he told her, "I'll see you at lunch."

“’Kay, see you then,” Siri waved as she walked off down the other hallway to the art studio.
Her art elective this year was Advanced Projects, the school’s equivalent of the AP level of visual art. She loved that she had art right before lunch, as she tended to get quite grumpy the period before lunch, and art tended to be the least stressful of classes the school offered.

Siri walked into the art studio and smiled, walking over to her portfolio shelf and pulling out the thick folder that sat on hers. She pulled out her colored drawing of an imaginary fashion show as well as her outfit designs. In this class, for the most part, they were allowed to design their own projects, and this time, Siri chose to draw how she imagined her first fashion show to be like, and then make the designs depicted in the drawing. It wasn’t a terribly hard thing for her to do, as she had been making her own clothing for years, and she was nearly finished with the third and final outfit in her designs. It had only been a month of school, and she’d completed almost three outfits. She absolutely loved making clothing and was notoriously fast at making outfits. At home, she was already working on her homecoming dress for the dance in two and a half weeks. It was coming along well, and she was very proud of her work so far.

Time passed quickly, and before she knew it, the bell was ringing for lunch. Siri finished up sewing a strip of lace onto the skirt she was making and put her stuff away on her portfolio shelf. She gathered her things and walked off towards the cafeteria. She sat down at her usual lunch table after buying a slice of cake.

Kelsey sat down soon after Siri did and rolled her eyes at what Siri was eating, “Isthatgoing to be your entire lunch?”

“Maybe,” Siri shrugged.

Kelsey sighed and shook her head, but didn’t way anything more. Jett sat down a minute later, and five minutes after that, Reese arrived.

“Why are you so late?” Jett asked. “You have a free period before this.”

“I had to talk to a teacher,” Reese told them, his voice annoyed, “Something about my ‘poor performance’ in class.”

“High five; you’re just like me,” Siri cheered, giving Reese a high five.

Kelsey rolled her eyes, “That’s not something to be proud of, sweetie.”

Siri shrugged and giggled, taking a bite of her cake. Jett glanced over at what Siri was eating.

“Is that all you’re going to eat for lunch?” he asked.

Siri nodded, “Probably. The cafeteria food sucks.”

Jett sighed and took the chocolate muffin off of his tray and dropped it on Siri’s plate. “Eat.”

Siri giggled, but didn’t protest.

“So,” Jett said after a moment, “Siri, you said you used to play soccer, right?”

Siri nodded, and he continued, “So that must mean you like watching soccer, right?”

Siri nodded again, but more hesitantly this time. Jett smirked, “Then would you like to come to one of my soccer games? The season just started, and I’d love it if you came to a couple of them.”

Siri made a face and whined, “Do I have to?”

“It’d make my day if you did,” he smiled. “You’re my good luck charm.”

Siri sighed, “Alright. I’ll make an appearance.”

“Really?” Jett beamed. “It’ll be a great game. I promise.”

Siri laughed softly and said, “But Kelsey’s coming with me.”

“That’s fine,” Jett told her, winking, “As long as you’re there.”

Siri giggled and blushed. She couldn’t help it. Jett was just so sweet sometimes.

Kelsey smiled and told Siri, “I was planning on going to a game anyways. Reese is on the team too, and I was going to support him.”

“Aw, you’re so sweet,” Reese cooed teasingly.

Kelsey laughed. The four of them continued to eat their lunch, talking about this thing and that.
Suddenly, Kelsey’s eyes widened and her hand shot up into the air as if she was in class.

“Yes, Kelsey?” Siri asked, shaking her head at Kelsey’s behavior.

“We have to go shopping soon,” Kelsey said.

Siri furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, so Kelsey continued, “For Homecoming. And spirit week.
It’s in just two weeks, and we need to buy things to wear.”

“Sure,” Siri agreed, “But I’m not buying a dress. I already started making mine. It should be done before Homecoming.”

“Ooh,” Kelsey gushed, intrigued. “What does it look like this year?”

“It’s a surprise,” Siri winked. “Let’s go shopping on Friday. They should have all of the spirit week dress-ups posted by then.”

“Okay,” Kelsey concurred. “Friday it is. We’ll leave right after school lets out.”

“And no boys allowed,” Siri said pointedly. “Friday is a girl’s night.”

She smirked at Jett and Reese and quickly finished her cake. She picked her muffin up off of her plate and stood to leave. She placed her plate in the proper place then walked out of the cafeteria.

“Where’s she going?” Jett wondered.

“Who knows,” Kelsey shrugged. “You could go find her if you want. She’s probably just going to walk around before lunch ends.”

Jett stood and dumped the contents of his tray in the trash before exiting the cafeteria. He walked through the halls and found Siri at her locker putting some books in her backpack. He walked up to her and slipped his hands over her eyes.

“Guess who.”

“Jett, I know it’s you,” Siri giggled, pulling his hands away from her eyes and closing her locker.

Jett laughed and wrapped his arms around her waist. Siri smiled and leaned back into his chest.
She closed her eyes for a moment, feeling quite peaceful. She never would’ve expected to feel so calm around Jett.

“Tell me today’s secret,” Jett whispered softly in her ear.

Siri’s mouth curled up into a smile, and she told him, “You know a girl truly likes you when she’d rather argue with you than kiss someone else.”

Siri turned around and leaned back against the lockers. Jett placed his hand just above her head and leaned slightly on it, looking down at her.

“Let me guess, you’re not there yet,” Jett guessed.

“Correct,” Siri smirked.

Jett smiled and shook his head at her stubbornness.

“But it’s getting closer,” Siri admitted.

“Is that so?” Jett raised an eyebrow.

Siri nodded, blushing ever so slightly and looking down. Jett chuckled and kissed Siri gently on her forehead, causing her to blush brighter.

“Looks like you’ve begun to fall for me after all,” Jett said softly.

Siri looked up at his piercing green eyes with her own blue ones. She didn’t say anything in response to what he’d just said. She didn’t know what to say. She didn’t really agree with him, but at this point, she couldn’t honestly deny it anymore either.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Looks like Siri is falling for jet <3 Comment!