Status: Work in progress(:

28 Things Guys Don't Know

Wednesday

Secret #6 It's every girl's dream to have a guy call her at 3 AM just to say I love you.

Siri sighed and laid her head down on her desk, impatient for the last class of the day to be over. She flipped open her purple notebook and uncapped her metallic silver gel pen, continuing the intricate pattern she had been drawing the entire class period. She sighed again and glanced at the clock. There were still ten minutes left until the dismissal bell rang.

"Siri?" the teacher asked, jolting her out of her stupor.

Siri lifted her head off the desk,"Huh?"

"Did you hear what I just asked?"

"Yes," Siri lied, avoiding the teachers eyes.

"Then what is the answer?"

"Um," Siri stalled.

"Helicase," Kelsey whispered from the desk behind Siri, "the enzyme helicase seperates the strands of a DNA double helix or a self-annealed RNA molecule."

Siri smiled and repeated what Kelsey said. The teacher looked at her suspiciously, but turned back to the board to continue the lecture. As soon as the teacher turned his attention away from Siri, she turned to Kelsey.

"Thanks," she whispered.

"No problem," Kelsey smiled. After a moment, her face lit up and she whispered, "Hey, Siri, what're you doing this weekend?"

“Um, I think I’m going to Jett’s for lunch again on Saturday,” Siri told her, “But I think I’m free on Sunday.”

“Perfect,” Kelsey beamed. “We should go to that cute little fair on Sunday.”

“What fair?” Siri crinkled her eyebrows.

“Y’know, the one that’s always in town a week or two before Halloween. The one where there’s that really cute little pumpkin patch and haunted house,” Kelsey said. When all she got was a blank look from Siri, Kelsey told her, “The one where you broke your arm last year.”

“Oh,” Siri finally remembered. Then she made a face, “Why would I want to spend my Sunday at thefair?”

Kelsey opened her mouth to say more when the teacher interrupted, saying, “Is there something you’d like to share with the class, ladies?”

He was standing over their desks, glaring down at them. “Well?”

“No, sir,” Kelsey smiled innocently. Siri followed her lead and smiled as well until the teacher walked away.

Kelsey turned to Siri, “We’ll talk more after class.”

Siri rolled her eyes but said nothing more until the bell rang. She stuck her purpled notebook, binder, and pencil bag in her backpack and stood to leave. Kelsey stood as well and linked arms with Siri as the two walked to their lockers. They each got the books they needed for homework and walked to the parking lot together.

“Kelsey, Siri,” a voice called from behind them, “Hey.”

A moment later, Reese’s arms draped over their shoulders and he squeezed his way between them. Siri giggled, amused, but wiggled her way out from under his arm. As they made their way to the parking lot, Siri felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist, making her shriek and jump. Siri quickly turned around to find a very amused Jett looking down at her.

“Oh, it’s just you,” she let out a breath, putting her hand to her chest, “You nearly gave me a heart attack.”

“I’m sorry,” Jett said sincerely, kissing her softly on her forehead.

Siri giggled and blushed. It seemed like she was blushing more and more often around Jett.

“Aw, aren’t you two precious,” Kelsey cooed.

Siri stuck her tongue out at Kelsey, turning so they could continue walking to the parking lot.

“So,” Kelsey said, “There’s a fair this weekend, and I think we should go. But little miss Siri here doesn’t want to spend her Sunday there. Please tell her we should go.”

“Isn’t that fair for little kids?” Reese asked.

“Well, yeah, sort of,” Kelsey admitted, “But I still think it’d be fun to go.”

Reese shrugged, “I’m not going to be doing anything on Sunday, so I’m in.”

Kelsey glared at Jett until he sighed and said, “I’ll go too. That is, if you go, Siri.”

“But I don’t want to,” Siri whined.

Kelsey rolled her eyes, “You sound like a three-year-old.”

Siri made a face at Kelsey, who smirked back. Jett spoke again, “What about if I make it a date?”

Siri gave him a look, but agreed, “Okay, fine, I’ll go.”

“Yay!” Kelsey cheered, turning to look around the parking lot for the people in her carpool. “Ugh, I have to go. I’ll see you guys later.”

“Bye,” Siri called as Kelsey walked off across the parking lot.

“I should go too,” Reese said. “I have a lot of homework tonight.”

“See you later,” Jett waved. Jett and Siri continued to walk, Siri leading the way to her car. As they approached her car, a voice called for Jett to stop.

“Jett! C’mon, we have to go,” someone called. “Practice is about to start.”

“Okay, I’m coming,” Jett called back. He sighed and looked at Siri, “Sorry, I forgot today is an early practice day. I have to go, but can I call you later?”

Siri shrugged, “Sure, but if it’s after, like, ten, you should call my cell. My parents hate it when my friends call really late. Do you have my number?”

“I think so,” Jett said, his voice unsure.

“Here,” Siri grabbed a pen and scribbled her number on his hand. “Call me whenever.”

“How late is too late?” Jett asked. “I don’t want to wake you if you’re asleep.”

“I sleep pretty late usually, so whenever should be fine. And besides, secret number six is that it’s every girl’s dream to have a guy call her at, like, three in the morning just to say ‘I love you’,” Siri told him. She smiled and stood on her toes to plant a quick kiss on his cheek, “Have fun at practice.”
Siri got into her car and drove off, waving to Jett as she pulled out of the parking lot. Her mind wandered as she drove away, thinking about how for the past few days, she didn’t go more than a day without giving Jett a kiss on his cheek. It was an odd feeling, caring about him as she did. But it was something she could get used to in time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
<3