Status: Going on hiatus.

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

prologue

It has been nearly five months since Lewis's death, and oddly enough, things seem to be going great for me, as well as the people I surround myself with. My fellow pack members and I are now under the command of Elijah, and he's great at his job even if he doubts himself. He's kind and open with us. He doesn't send us on separate missions or tasks. It's a group effort or it doesn't happen. Sure, we have the occasional run in with a werefox looking for trouble, but for the most part, there isn't much fighting.

My life in the pack isn't the only thing that's improved, however, but so has my relationship with the little family that I have. My mother and I go out to eat more or just hang out at the house and talk about life and school, but usually we end up discussing Felix Bustani, my new boyfriend. My Aunt Charlotte is also around a lot more, coming down to visit or even stay the night at our house nearly every weekend. It's nice to have all the Plight women together, we all help each other. Mom helps me with as much as she can with the human part of my life, while my aunt helps me contain the animal inside me, while also helping me practice shifting or attacking techniques.

My love life has probably been the most significantly improved. Not even a week after I turned the title of Alpha over to Elijah, Felix took me out to dinner. From there, it escalated into a kiss and his proposal of being my boyfriend. After I had stopped giggling like an idiot, I quickly said yes. Now-a-days, that boy and I are practically attached at the hip. He comes over to the house a lot and hangs out with my mother and I, and since his mother works late, he ends up eating dinner with us as well. He fits in so well with my small family and we all adore him. Everything just seems to be perfect.

But, unfortunately, nothing in my life is never as it seems.

Though everything on the surface seems to be calm and collective, I can feel something pushing its way up from underneath and trying to drag me down with it. Though Elijah is a great leader, within the last month or so, he's slowly become more gloomy and thoughtful and ultimately doubtful of his authority as Alpha. Also, the stillness in the air feels like the calm before the storm. It's beautiful while it lasts, but I just know this era of peace is coming to its end.

But I could have never predicted how dangerous this storm would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Late update on re-starting this but here it is!