Status: Going on hiatus.

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

sneaking around

To my liking, school practically flew by. Classes seemed to be shorter or perhaps I just wasn't focused on getting out of there, but on way or another, the bell rang and Felix and I climbed into his truck. It had become sort of a ritual for him to drive me home. In fact, I barely even drive my crappy vomit colored car anywhere any more. Felix is always offering me rides when I need them and I'm always taking them.

We pull into my drive and enter my house without him even asking for an invititation, which is a relief. The first few months we had been dating Felix always asked before doing anything while I was around. Can I come over? Can I study with you? Can I get a drink? A snack? A kiss? His shyness had been adorable but his comfortability with me and my family is so much sexier. Now, he just strolls into the place as if he lives there too. Which is fine with us.

"Do you want to go for a Run?" I ask, feeling the need to shift within me. I feel Ember, the wolf inside me, getting restless, needing freedom.

"I actually can't today, Priss," he gives me a half smile, "I really need your help on this stupid Geometry." He scoffs as he sets his backpack down on the couch. I nod. Felix is only a Sophmore while I'm a Junior and actually took Geometry my Freshman year. I'm always happy to help him but I can't help but feel disappointed a little. Maybe Mom will let me out for a Run later tonight...

"All right, let's get to work then." We actually do get a decent amount of work done after that, breaking every so often to sip from our soda cans or to take a taste of the other's lips. By the time my mother get shome from work and has started dinner, we're nearly done with both his homework and his quiz corrections. He can do really good in school if he really applied himself, but until now he's only ever done the bare minimum. He has told me before that something about me makes him want to strive to be better in school. I never understood the logic, but I find it sweet nonetheless.

"You staying for dinner, Felix?" My mom asks as she peeks her head into living room. I feel his body tense up slightly next to me and see him blush as he replies.

"If that's not too much of a hassle," he replies shyly.

"Not a big deal at all dear," she calls back and steps back into the kitchen to continue work on our meal. The two of us go back to working on homework but there's something about the atmosphere that has changed. Being two natured, I can feel what he feels, but his feelings are all jumbled and hard to make out, but one does stand out against everything else: guilt.

"Are you okay?" I ask before book marking his text book's page and then closing it. He gives me that half smile of his that means he doesn't sit well with something, followed by a brisk shrug. I take hold of his shoulders and spin him until he's somewhat facing me. "Babe, tell me."

He sighs. "I just feel bad that I'm always eating over here. I must be costing you guys more money, feeding three people instead of two. It's- it's not right."

I laugh slightly before answering. "It's really no problem. At all. Really. Besides, it's nice to have three people in the kitchen again. Dad's been gone for a few years... A male presence is definitely welcomed at dinner."

"Really?" He asks with sort of a smile. There's a small glimmer in his eyes.

"Yeah, of course. Not only that but you're my boyfriend. My mother likes, my aunt adores you, and you know how I feel about you. You're always welcome here."

"Still, I feel a bit bad. I'm always eating over here... Maybe I could set up a date so you and your mom can dinner with me and mine?"

I feel a smile tug at my lips. Not only do I like the idea, but I know that my mother would love to sit down and talk with Felix's Mom. "We would love that."

He grins, "Good, that's settled." We go back to working for a moment before he looks up at me with that grin still plastered on his face. "How exactly do you feel about me?"

I wink at him coyly. "You'll find out one day."

Image

The next day rolls around and still Elijah says nothing to the rest of pack, nor to the small group of us that he originally told anyways. I stroll over to my locker and put everything back into my bag. It's been a longer day than yesterday, that's for sure, and I had had to stay after school to finish my history test. I sling one strap over my shoulder and start to walk toward the fronty door when my animal instincts kick in. There's a stranger behind me.

Six months ago, human me would have done one of two things; I would have either greeted the stranger kindly, or ignored him all together. But, having the instincts and abilities I do now, every stranger is a potential threat. I do a quick assement using my senses. His scent tells me that the stranger is male, and he's feeling confused and desperate. Instead of turning around I stay in place and call out behind me, "Can I help you?"

"I can't get my locker open. I've asked teacher's for the key to it or just to help me, but the just turned me away and told me to try again," he says. His voice is deep, but it comes out without a hitch, a harmonous blend of vocal chords. I turn with as much caution as possible. The boy is tall and lanky, like most human teenage boys. His skin is pale and almost looks glossy. He wears a plain teal tee shirt that hugs his form nicely and a white scarf that curls expertly around his neck, its ends hanging on each of his shoulders. His pants are tight, possibly as tight as mine, and he wears a pair of black converse. Oddly enough, his hipster style is enchanting to me, but it is his face that leaves me stunned.

His features are sharp and angular with high, percise cheek bones and pale lips. There are bags under his eyes and his eye sockets themselves look hollow, but percise, holding captivating light gray eyes. Oddly enough, all this is strangly beautiful, breathtaking even. I swallow and blink hard. "Uh, yeah, I'd be happy to help."

I follow the strange wonder of a boy back to his locker, only just a row or two away from my own. I ask him to try the combination the office gave him and as he does it, I catch his problem.

"No, no. See, you're turning left, right, left, you should be turning the dial right, left, right," I say with a laugh. He looks at me and after a moment, he cracks up, the corner of his lip curving up in a smile. He tries what I told him and it opens easily, revealing his books and backpack. As he's gathering his things I speak to him, "I can't believe the teachers wouldn't help you."

"Ugh, I know. Like no one here's been kind to me all day- until now," he says as he shrugs his messanger bag onto his shoulder and slams his locker shut.

"We're not used to new kids," I say softly, hoping to somewhat make up for my classmate's behavoirs. I hadn't so much as seen the kid at all today, but if I had, I would have been nice. "Speaking of which, it's a little weird to be switching schools in March isn't it?"

"Yeah, a lot of work I need to make up here, but I can do it," he smiles and we start to move toward the door again. "But, it was a hasty but needed move."

"What happened?"

He turns to me and offers me a smile, "That's not really important right now."

I nod my head. "Private, I get that. Anyway, what's your name?"

"Nash Pense, yours?"

"Priscilla Plight. I'm a Junior here," I say as I open the front door and let Nash step through the door before following. It's an odd name, but then again, I don't know of anyone else named Priscilla.

"Same," he smiles. He points toward the parking lot. "My cars over there and I need to get home, but thanks for being so helpful."

"I'm just surprised nobody else offered you any help. If you have any trouble tomorrow, come find me, okay?" I blush.

"Will do," Nash says before heading off in the direction of his car. I'm about to head off to mine when I spot a bti of movement in the parking lot. I had already watched Nash drive off, so who can it be? I step closer slowly and see a familiar figure nervously climb into his car. Elijah looks around fast after he gets in, overlooking me, and then starts to speed out of the school driveway. Curiously, I take out my phone, text Felix that I'll meet him at my house a little later, and run to my car. I climb inside and immeadiately start off in the direction my Alpha had gone.

Soon, I catch up with him, but I constantly try and stay a car or two behind him. I follow him as he makes several turns and eventually leads off onto a large straight gravel road. about two miles ahead of me, I see him pull over, hop out of his car, Change, and then and run hastily into forest near the roadside. I caustiously pull over behind his car and gaze out after him. I catch a few glimpses of fur and if he notices me there at all, he doesn't show it.

"Where is he going?" I whisper to myself. I sigh and strip off my every day clothes, tossing them into the seat of my car, until I'm wearing is my shifting outfit. I wonder briefly if I should leave this alone, get back in my car and go home and forget about it. The other half of me is curious about my Alpha, my friend, and needs to find out. And I take a moment to reflect to come to a conclusion.

I've never been one who waits for answers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long wait, sorry :/
I've been going through a lot...
Anyway, I hope you like it :)