Status: Going on hiatus.

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

encounter

I guess I don't know what I'm expecting as I follow Elijah, but I know it was nothing like this. I guess I assumed he'd be out here to maybe take an unscheduled run or meeting another pack leader. Maybe I thought he is a traitor or something, going out here to do something that would harm the pack down the road. I had a number of possiblities, but this is not one of them.

I follow his scent, stepping lightly. Something tells me that he isn't too focused or he'd know I'm following him. That or he's leading me into a trap. However, I'm taken back as I come onto a small clear spot in the forest. There against a tree a few feet away from me is Elijah. I quickly duck behind a near by tree and use my senses to assess the situation. There's two scents, both familiar to me but the only one I can peg is Elijah. There's a soft murmur of words, but I'm too unfocused to hear them.

And then comes the moan.

I gasp slightly, just a sharp intake of breath. Neither of the two seem to notice, caught up in whatever they're doing. I silently curse myself. I shouldn't have followed him in the first place. I have no reason to distrust him. Sure, he's been acting unconfident and shady. Why hadn't it occured to me that he could have a secret lover, someone he was too afraid to show to the pack? But who is she and why can't he show her to us? Is she human?

I quietly peek my head out from behind the tree and angle myself to get a better look. Elijah stands in front of a tree, dressed in only a small pair of shifting shorts. His tan back looks much more chizzled than I had imagined. I gaze him over taking great notice of the pair of pale muscular legs wrapped around his waist. I shift a little bit to the side to get a better look of the being pressed between Elijah and the tree. Suddenly I gasp again.

My eyes travel up the slim, yet muscular bare torso, up the define muscles of a neck, landing on the face. I close my eyes hard for a second, trying to think if I'd been mistaken but when I open them again I find the same image before me- sweaty forehead against forhead, two shades of brown hair pressed against eachother, and two pairs of pale pink lips locked together.

He's making out with the werefox, Carter.

Image

To be honest, I'm not even sure how I made it home last night safely. I remember walking away as quickly and quietly as I could. I remember getting in my car and just sitting there and thinking for several minutes. It had been rude of me to follow Elijah. He had been nothing but a good friend to me and the moment he did somethign weird, I assumed the worst. Not only that, but I had intruded on a very intimate moment that he and Carter had obviously gone to great lengths to hide from everyone.

But, after I had thought about it awhile longer, it did make a lot of sense and explained a great number of things. Elijah's behaviour for instance- he must feel scared or ashamed of his sexuality and that's what is making him so unsure of his abilities to be Alpha. He must be fearing that he'll lose respect from the pack if they knew about it. However, I could be completely wrong and it could be something else, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. It also explained the glances I always catch them giving eachother. I hadn't paid much notice before but now it is all coming together. There is hardly ever a time they're together in public, but if there's pack buisness, Carter is always called first.

And, c'mon, let's face it- each boy could teach a course on great hair and great fashion.

But somehow I made it home safely, ate dinner with my mom and boyfriend, studied with him, and then hit the hay. However, I had nearly forgotten about what I had seen yesterday in the woods until now, History class- my favorite subject. The teacher assigned us partners to read from the book and do a quick chapter assessment together. Of course, our teacher just so happened to pair Elijah and I together.

"I'll read first," is about the only thing he -or myself- said to the other before we read the assigned passages, and turned to the assessment. I'm really struggling with a question and yearn to ask Elijah for help but I know opening my mouth to him so soon will mean that I'll confess to him about spying on him and Carter. I'm extremely relieved, however, when Mr. Morgen stops the class as Principal Crice and my new aquiantence, Nash, walks in.

My heart flutter with relief. Mr. Morgen clears his throat and we turn our attention to him. "Everyone, this is Nashville Pense-"

"Uh, I prefer just Nash, sir," he butts in calmly. Mr. Morgen just rools his eyes before continuing.

"Nash has switched our class period to make his schedule a bit easier. I want you all to be nice and welcoming," he smiles and turns to the hollow eyed boy. "We're doing some group work. Just go ahead and join a group you feel comfortable with."

Nash scans the room and spots me almost immeadiately. I smile at him and he saunters over. Elijah sits up straight and draws in the boy's delicate frame. Today, his short dirt-blond hair is covered by a fedora and it makes me realize that I didn't truly look at his hair the last time we met, so I have no idea what it looks like naturally. He wears tight jeans with holes ripped at the knees and a plain white v-neck. He grins as he takes a seat next to me.

" 'Sup, Priscilla?" He asks with a smile.

"Uh, I prefer just Priss, sir," I say mockingly. He lets out a low chuckle and lets his gaze fall on Elijah, who's been watching us closely.

"You two know eachother?"

"Uh, yeah-" I start but the new kid interupts pretty quickly. He grips my shoulders and widens his eyes dramatic, dropping his voice to a whisper.

"This bitch saved my life," he nods slowly, "True story."

I laugh, followed by Elijah. I shake my head in his direction. "I helped him with his locker yesterday. That's all."

Elijah narrows his brown eyes at the other boy, taking him in slowly. It's not as if he's checking him out, but as if he's inspecting him for danger a I had at first. Two natured are pretty attractive, our hormones work a lot more for us in that factor than humans. Nash is unnaturally beautiful and I guess that's why we feel the need to inspect him. Sometimes the things that are the most beautiful are the most dangerous.

"So, let's get back to the project, shall we?" I ask with a smile. The boys agree and we catch Nash up on what we're doing and we allow him to copy our answers for teh time being. We work together for the remainder of class and I actually am having fun. Nash has this way of joking his way through a conversation while also being attentive, kind, and sweet. He works witha combination of jokes, actual statements, and compliments which are refreshing. He even seems to have lowered that awkward wall between me and Elijah.

At the end of class, Nash follows us out of the room and into the hall. He stops instantly and spins us around. "Oh yeah, I forgot, I was totally going ask you two something."

"What is it?" Elijah asks.

"A girl in my first hour said that there is some sort of party tonight, and she said it was cool if I came and it was cool to invite anyone I wanted. So, will you guys go? I want to go and meet some people, but I want to have some friends there."

Elijah and I mull it over for a moment. He agrees but all I can offer is, "I'll have to ask my mom." Elijah agrees to that as well and sprints off in the direction of his next class and Nash and I start heading toward our lockers.

"Oh, Priss, bring your boyfriend with you," he speaks so nonchalantly. I turn to him as we walk, my eye brow raised.

"How'd you know I have a boyfriend?"

He just shrugs with a lazy grin on his face. "Pretty girls always do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I know you guys have to have opinions on this chapter.
C'mon, give it some love.