Status: Maybe every other week, if not sooner

The Love Games

The Love Games Chapter 1

The Love Games ~Chapter 1
Venus’ P.O.V

So let’s just say that I had an imaginary friend, named Mr. Smirk, who happened to reappear after ten years. Well, actually, lets start from the beginning

[6 year old Venus]

“ Why is his name Mr. Smirk Honey?” My mom asked.

“ Well, mommy. He never ever smiles or anything! He only smirks!” I exclaimed.

“ Sweetheart, I don’t think you should play with him anymore, we had to move you to another school because of him.” My mom said.

“ But mommy! Mr. Smirk will be sad! LOOK! LOOK! See he’s over there, and he’s sad.” I huffed.

“ VENUS, you listen, Mr. Smirk is not real! You need to make real friends.” Mom threw her hands in the air.

“ Okay mommy.” I solemnly said.

I felt the tears roll down my cheeks and dripping down my chin. I walked up the stairs and kept saying to myself.

He’s not real
He’s not real
He’s not real

By the time I reached my pink bedroom, Mr. Smirk wasn’t following me anymore.

I frantically looked around, but he was gone, just like that. Disappeared, in thin air.

That was when I forgot about Mr. Smirk, not one more single thought.

[Back to 16 year old Venus]

“ Venus wake up!” A male voice panted.

My eyes jolted open, looking up to see where the voice came from.

I found myself looking at and older looking version of my old imaginary friend, Mr. Smirk.

Sitting up, I rubbed my eyes and opened them again. I saw no sight of Mr. Smirk in front of me no more.

I looked around my room, now walls painted a dark blue. I sighed thinking that it was only a crazy delusion.

“ Venus, I’m over here!” Mr. Smirk whispered across the room.

“ Why the hell are you here?” I glared at him.

“ UMMM, I have to tell you something life threatening.” He says.

“ Oh my, you’re just a figment of my imagination. I must be dreaming or something.” I sighed.

“ Actually no. I’m actually a cupid, from the Underworld.” He said.

“ A cupid? Say what?” I humorlessly laughed.

“ It’s true, each human is given a cupid to guide them to their soul mates. But I couldn’t do that for the past 10 years because, well, I was in jail.” Mr. Smirk explained.

“ I’m guessing, you went to jail because you exposed yourself to me?” I quirked an eyebrow up, guessing.

“ Still smart as ever, I see.” Mr. Smirk smirked.

“ So, why are you here?” I asked again.

“ Well, I put you in deep shit and also myself too. One of my fellow cupid friends kind of tricked me into signing my assignment, as in you, to enter The Love Games.” Mr. Smirk explained.

“ The Love Games?” I questioned.

“ Yes, it’s an annual thing in the Underworld, the first 16 cupids that sign up their assignments, with an even amount of boys and girls, have their assignments to do The Love Games. Underworlders say that it is a true test of love.” Mr. Smirk breathlessly explained.

“ What if the assignment says no?” I challenged.

“ Then the assignment will die here on Earth.” Mr. Smirk said.

“ Oh yeah? Watch me. NO.” I said.

I trotted outside of my house. I can’t take this Love Game nonsense anymore.

“ Venus! Venus! I’m telling the truth!” Mr. Smirk panted catching up to me.

“ I’m not dying right now, am I?” I scowled at him.

But I guessed I jinxed that because just then a car crashed in to a pole right in front of me. A wave of fear ran through as everything started to sink in my head.

“ That was a warning from the Underworld.” Mr. Smirk said with fear dripping off his voice.

“ Ok. Let’s go.” I gulped, running a hand through my long black hair.

Mr. Smirk then snapped his finger and a gust of wind rushed towards us. I then felt like I was being lifted away to someplace.

Closing my eyes, I felt the wind blow my hair away, and then I felt my feet hitting land.

“ We’ve been expecting you contestant 16.” A man with ice blue hair said with an eerie smile stretching across his face.
“ You may join your partner over there.” He said pointing the direction I was supposed to go.

I nodded and observed everything, the 8 teams, the crowd and the man.

Observing the man, he had his hair slicked back, his eyes were a bright blue matching his hair almost, he had long silver eye liner on which collaborated with his eyes and he had a silver suit on, yes everything silver.

“ Hello, I’m Bruno. I’m the host of The Love Games. We’ll introduce the teams later, but follow Armadas, that cupid” He said pointing to a lean cupid with high cheekbones “ to the house you guys will be staying in.”

We all followed Armadas to the house and he led us in. It looked like a regular house on the inside, comfy white furniture, a TV, a kitchen. Except for one thing, the long hallway with different coloured doors on each side. Maybe 4 each?

Armadas lead 2 couples to each door, saying it was the team colour. Then finally it was my turn, or should I say our turn.

Our team colour was red so our door was a bright, vivid red. My teammate and I walked inside and Armadas shut the door once we were in.

Inside the room was 1 king size bed, a fairly big bathroom and a balcony. I turned to the bed, only one? Oh bloody hell, was I suppose to sleep with my teammate on that bed?

“ Err, hi I’m Venus.” I greeted my teammate.

“ Hey, I’m Clark.” He said with a small smile.

I observed Clark, he had a dark brown hair that fell to his eyes naturally, he had captivating green eyes, he looked like he had a built body, he had a chiseled chin and he was slightly tan.

He could be opposite from me, from my long straight black hair, with my dull blue eyes, my pale skin and I was probably stick thin, with a teeny tiny bit of muscles.

“ Hey guys! We’re going to be your stylist for the greeting ceremony! I’m Tally and he’s Cecil!” A maybe 22 year old girl with blonde-pin hair said smiling.

“ I’m going to take Clark and Tally’s going to take Venus.” Cecil said with a thick Australian accent.

“ Okay Venus let’s go.” Tally said dragging through the random door through the wall.

I was pushed onto a chair and strapped in. I stifled a scream when it was done so.

I stared at my reflection, I was wearing a mid thigh red strapless dress, probably representing my team. I wore ruby flats and a ruby necklace.

My makeup was red blush on the side of my face; I was wearing bright red lipstick. I was wearing black eyeliner that stretched and my hair was in loose curls.

I saw Clark appear beside me. He was wearing a red v-neck with his brown hair spiked up. His pants were black skinny jeans and he had a black vest on with a red rose.

I saw that I had a black rose on my dress too, Clark kind of looked gothic just to tell you.

I saw the door opened and saw a humungous stadium in front of me. I felt Clark’s hand reach mine and squeeze it. I held on tight as we walked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! hope you liked chapter 1 :) Next chapter is going to be the greeting ceremony ;) i spent 2 hours writing this =0 cuz this chapter was not copied, but i made it in my head. but there were similar ideas