Status: Just starting out :)

Breaking All the Rules

Intro

The first thing I registered was the sound of something blaring in my ear. I immediately shot up and hit my little sister in the forehead.

"Ow," she said, looking at me with a vengeance.

"Well what were you doing holding the alarm clock to my ear?" I retorted, really P.O.ed by now.

"It's 7:15, you're going to be late Chess," she gave me a look like I was a brainless loon.

"Late for what?" then suddenly it hit. I grabbed the alarm clock from her and then quickly cursed a million times over in my mind. The first day of school, really?

I jumped out of bed and immediately landed on top of a lego brick my little bro' must have left in here. "Oww," I gritted my teeth and hopped over on one leg to my closet. Inside I quickly grabbed a comfy pair of jeans and the first shirt I could find. Some how I managed to throw them on without killing myself.

Grabbing a pair of flip flops and running into the bathroom, I pulled out my trusty brush and tackled my black hair that seemed to run just past my shoulders. I brushed my teeth with the foul-smelling stuff that passes for toothpaste nowadays and put deodorant on. Not skipping a beat, I grabbed my messenger back and raced out the door.

Thankfully I live only a few blocks down from the high school. Yeah, I'm finally going to be a freshman. Woo hoo! That is if I can get there on time, I thought as I managed to get up to the front steps.

Once inside I finally sighed and looked around. It seems that I still had a minute until the bell was about to ring. I scanned the crowd for any signs of known faces. I was about to give up, when I spotted a familiar flash of light blond hair.

I smiled and walked up to that person. "Sisco," I smiled brightly at her.

"Hi, Chess," she replied, grinning. "What's up?"

"Not much," I replied, "You look great." I observed her perfect appearance, everything cohesive despite her eccentric choice of clothing. She had outdone herself with a slightly poofy skirt, a pair of patterned leggings, some flats, a shirt that read dance, and several pieces of unique jewelry.

I myself, must have looked like a complete train wreck. Only having gotten up a few minutes earlier. Yet she just smiled and complimented me back. Many people wondered how we could be friends, one of the most popular (scratch that) the most popular girl in school, and me, the quiet girl who likes to read and barely speaks to anyone. We are quite a unique pair.

I've known Sisco since we were in diapers, our mothers were lifelong friends, and we were practically joined at the hip. When we were little we both would play barbies and pretend to be princesses together. But in the past few years, Sisco had grown from an angelic child, to a beautiful girl. I had been a cute enough child, I suppose, but I grew into a bit of an awkward teen. Lucky me.

But I will say this, she has never deserted me. She tells me I'm the only one she can really talk to, life isn't always pretty at the top.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of something to give you an idea of the two main characters.