Status: Just starting out :)

Breaking All the Rules

Locker Neighbors

“And guess what?” Sisco bounced, doing this weird spinny type thing down the hall along-side me, in my normal walking state.

“What?”

“We’re… locker neighbors!”

“Cool!”

“Oh! But guess who’s on the other side of you?”

My mind raced through all of the possibility, finding only negative from her “oh”. “Who…” I said cautiously.

She rolled her eyes, disgusted, “Max! I am so sorry!”

Even his name stopped my heart. Just the thought of him… it made my head spin. I had had a crush on him since third grade. I remember that day so well…

Max was Sisco’s twin brother. Her nemesis. Sisco was smart, as in 4.0 and straight A’s, but Max was smarter. He was the intuitive kind of smart. And that day, I realized it. I was at Sisco’s ninth birthday party, and she and I were sitting at her kitchen table, with a few of her popular friends, and Max came in, making all the girls say “Go away nerd!” Not really knowing him, I joined in, thinking it was funny.

“Wait, stupid!” Sisco yelled. Of course, she would never admit that he was smarter than her.

He stopped, and turned around, his smile too wide to be innocent, “Yes?”

“Where is my iPod?”

“You’re iPod?” His smile got wider.

“You stole it you freak”, she jumped out of her chair, and pointed accusingly, “Give. It. Back!”

He was laughing now, “You’ll never find it!”

She growled, a disturbingly demented rumble, and started searching through drawers and cabinets. I couldn’t help but laugh at her face contorted in frustration and concentration. Max tapped my shoulder, and pointed into her bag, where her little lime green iPod peaked out.

The perfect hiding place, in plain sight, but where she would never guess to look, and, probably, knowing Sisco, wouldn’t look for some time. The only reason she had that bag was because she liked the way it looked. She very rarely actually stored things inside of it.

Genius!

I came back to the present, where we were stopped at our lockers (very big and spacey high school lockers) and Sisco was looking at me waiting for an answer. “I’m sorry, what?”

“I said, isn’t it awful that your locker is next to Max’s?”

Sisco couldn’t know! Sisco could never know! “Ya. It sucks.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that I am not as good a writter as fearless forever. But, like, Sisco and the Chess, we are the best of friends! So... to my bestie... LUV U! And to readers... I will love you if you subsribe/comment :D!!!!