Status: Just starting out :)

Breaking All the Rules

Band Class

I yawned and smiled, band was always fun but it had been a little distracting as of late. Especially due to the person I was sitting beside. Max, in all his uber-awesomeness, was the first chair clarinet. And guess what... I was second!

I know it's a bit weird for freshmen to hold the top two chairs in a high school band, but we were honestly pretty awesome together, I didn't mean in that way... Just, yeah I should get off this subject.

Max looked over and laughed at me, "Is the day finally getting to you?"

"Possibly, I hope I don't make too many mistakes," I said looking at the dauntingly high first clarinet music.

He smiled at me, "You're just jealous music doesn't speak to you like it does to me."

"Says who?" I replied teasingly, "I for one can kind of play the piano and I write songs all the time."

"I don't believe you, hmmm how about you do something for me, and if I deem it worthy then I'll let you into my little clique."

My heart was beating faster than ever before, I had to play it cool though. "What should I do? And since when do you have a clique?" I inquired.

"Well," he said, "You should write a song for my band."

"Since when do you have a band?" I interrupted him, he seemed to be about to start laughing.

"And with the whole clique/band thing I'm still in the process of recruiting, in fact, if you prove yourself worthy, maybe I could let you in," he said grinning cockily.

"I'm not sure how your sister would feel about that," I looked at him with one eyebrow raised inquisitively.

"Oh, she'd get over it."

"Oh really now?"

"I never said she has to know, and anyway, you're okay for one of Sisco's friends. Not all freaky. You don't say OMG look at my new ankle-breaking heels and slutty dress. All the boys are going to love me!"

"Hey," I pushed him on the shoulder, "Some of Sisco's 'friends' actually aren't that bad."

"Oh yeah," he looked at me, "Name one."

I kind of grew speechless for a moment, honestly Sisco didn't have any 'friend' friends that I knew of except me. She always went to me first to talk about boys, gossip, heartbreak. And really, all those other girls that she would hang out with would start calling her all sorts of names as soon as she left the room. When they were actually much worse than her.

After a few more minutes of contemplation I gave him the only answer I could come up with, "Me," I said quietly.

He just sighed and smiled one of those rare smiles at me that was in no way cocky or taunting, just sincere.

I could swear in his own special way he was telling me thanks for being there for her, but then again, what do I know about guys?
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, I love Max, he is freaking awesome and takes on a life of his own