Status: Just starting out :)

Breaking All the Rules

Homecoming

"So who are you taking to the dance?"

It was the end of the day, and Sisco was leaning against my locker with one eyebrow raised, a ridiculous, much too eager smile, and was already super thrilled about a dance that I hadn't even heard about. I hated how she was always one (most of the time more than one) step ahead of me.

"What dance."

"The homecoming dance. Cause, you know, the homecoming is coming up. And there is a homecoming dance after the homecoming game. Hello-o!" She said it as if I was way out of it. Okay. She said it because I was way out of it.

"Right. Homecoming."

"So..."

"What?"

She let out an agrivated rumble, "Who are you going with?!"

"Oh, um... haven't thought about it."

"Chess! It's only one month away!"

Sometimes, it stunned me how two people as different as us could be best friends, "Exactly. It's a whole month away!"

She sighed, "Whatever. Just keep in mind how totally humiliating it will be if you show up to the game without a date."

And you think I care? "I bet you don't have a date! It's the first day of-"

"Jason!" I should have known. Of course she already had a date, and how could it not be some hot guy like Jason. One of the most popular guys in the school. "And guess what? We are dating again!" They had maintained an on again, off again relationship since sixth grade.

Honestly, I thought Sisco should have just been done with him a long time ago. But I wasn't going to tell her that, "Good for you two."

"I know! If you want, I could get you a date. Jason's friend..."

"No thanks. I think I can handle myself."

She eyed me, reading my mind like a best friend who knew me way too well.

"I can handle myself", I repeated.

"Whatever."

The worst part was that she was right. And she knew it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm starting to wonder why all of my stories have a dance. Maybe it's because DANCES ARE TOTALLY AWESOME!

So, I know you want to read all about it, and to do that... you should subsribe! :D