Status: Just starting out :)

Breaking All the Rules

Pressure

Crap! I thought as I walked down the hallway with my books in hand. There was no way I was going to be able to get a date to homecoming. Eh, I wonder how mad Sisco would be if I just skipped the dance, sadly I couldn't skip the game because I was in the band. Oh well, it wasn't like I was going to look good at the game anyway. Marching pants aren't very... how do I put it... flattering.

And there were a bunch of other kids in band that didn't have dates. We just all kind of hung out in a swarm together normally at the football games. But the thing was, would it be different because it was homecoming? Maybe I should just ask one of the more shy band guys? I wasn't that bad-looking, right?

But I knew, when the image of that person took up my mind, that I couldn't do that. There was only one person who I wanted to go with. And despite him starting to notice me (I think) he would never want to go with me. I didn't want to be anything like those popular girls at school, but you had to admit, they sure got all the guys.

Though weirdly, Max hasn't dated a girl since 7th grade. I wonder why? Maybe he just needed a break. Or maybe he liked someone else? Freak! The thought that he would never like me had crossed my mind about a million times. But the thought that he might like someone else... that just tore me up. I would die if he asked someone else to Homecoming.

But whatever, I sighed as I walked into my English class. I was about to sit down beside Sisco, but Max gestured for me to come over. I hesitated, what would she think? But, seeing as she hadn't noticed me yet, my curiosity overcame my fear, and I walked over.

"What?" I said quietly, looking at him weirdly.

"So, do you have the song?" he asked me, smiling cheerily.

I'd completely forgotten, "Oh, yeah," I replied, I just forgot, and looking into his golden eyes didn't really help me keep my priorities straight either. "Um, here," I said handing him the paper.

His eyes skimmed over the collection of words. " I think it might have potential," he said looking at me seriously, "But I have one question for you."

"What?" I was curious.

"Can you sing?" he was being serious. What was his problem?

"Uhhh, not really, well, I'm not in choir or anything, it's fun I guess," I rambled on, trying to not sound like an idiot... And failing horribly.

"Great! Meet me in Mrs. Gray's room during lunch, you're going to put on a little performance for me. I need to see what your idea for the melody was."

Eh? Before I knew it, Max... Did he just wink at me? I must've been hallucinating. I quickly crossed the room over to my desk near Sisco's and sighed. Today was going to be a long day.

"What's wrong?" she asked me, "Having no luck with a date?"

"Huh?" I didn't hear what she said, "Uh, yeah whatever."

"I did offer to set you up, so don't blame me if you end up being the loser without a date."

I didn't respond, more pressing things were on my mind at the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this story, it is my favorite story I've ever written!!! I love hope filled heart and she is like my bestest friend ever!!!

Go Team Max!!!!

And please we neeeed comments to make it better!!! Come on, you know you love us.