Sequel: Meet You There
Status: FINISHED

Exchange

Chapter 10

Luckily Pierre's dad had a van, so all their equipment went in there, with Pierre, Pat and chuck in here, and the other five of us got in Sebastien's car. At around 3:30 we got to the place they were playing and we were all handed back stage passes. We took everything inside, the only thing Seb and the other boys would let me or Kay carry was a single guitar in fear of everything else being too heavy for us.

"Sure we can't help with anything?" Kayleigh asked, slightly impatient and bored of sitting around.
"Sure of it" Chuck and Jeff yelled.
"Fine I guess we'll sit here and wait"
"Maybe we'll get some food when they're eventually done!" I said.
"Stop worrying about you're stomach! I swear that's all you care about sometimes!" Sebastien laughed before kissing my cheek as he walked past with some equipment in his hands.

Eventually the boys finished setting up and quickly sound-checked before we headed out to find some food. When we got back there weren't many people in the room, none the less Patrick found a boom box and some headphones, grabbed a CD which the boys had put together and went out to the front to the street.

"Is he doing what I think he's doing?" I asked
"Depends what do you think he's doing?" David asked.
“Forcing people to listen to you and then come in side?"
"Yeah that’s PROBABLY what he's doing" David laughed.

By the time they were due on stage, there was more like 40 people in the room... Well it was better than the 10 that were before. "Good Luck!" Kayleigh yelled before they took the stage.

Sebastien came running back, quickly kissing me "break a leg out there" I said as we broke apart, he smiled and ran off. As they played their set they Kayleigh and I watched from Side stage. Patrick had reappeared seaming happy with his work of getting a few more people in the door.

"Hi there" Sebastien smiled at me when they came off stage, pulling me into a tight sweaty hug from behind. I turned around to face him, but still in his grasp.
“eww you’re all sweaty” I complained, and he just stood there with his arms around me laughing.
"You were pretty good out there you know" I laughed as he ticked me.
"You were all great out there" I smiled turning to the rest of them.
"Okay how is it that HE has a girlfriend and the rest of us don't?" questioned Pierre as I stood in Sebastien's arms.

"Because unlike you, he probably acted on his feelings" Kayleigh laughed. I was beginning to think there was more to that conversation we had a week or so ago than she said.

"So celebrations... After we pack the stage up?" I suggested earning an all round agreed "yeah" and even a "hell yeah" from David. Kayleigh's parents didn't mind if we went out so long as they knew where we basically were, and being with Sebastien and the rest of his friends made them not care even more.

Kayleigh and I grabbed Sebastien and Pierre's guitars and their cases whilst they helped pull apart the Chuck's drum kit.

"Hey Pierre chuck us the keys to the van so we can put done stuff in it" I yelled, I had to yell since the next band had gone on and it was pretty loud. "Don't worry we don't have anything heavy" Kayleigh reassured him.

We took the guitars out to the van, and there were some kids around our age just chilling there.
"Ahem" I cleared my throat,
"Can we help you?" Kayleigh urged.
"Is this Simple Plan's van?" one of them asked after being nudged.
"Who’s asking?" Kay and I both asked.
"Us? We heard them inside and wanted to meet them, see if we could get a CD or something" they said.
“Are you two part of their crew?"
"Them have a crew?" I laughed, "You could say that" I said bringing myself back to a serious tone.
"Look they're just packing up their stuff and they'll be out soon" Kayleigh said. We put the guitars in the van and as we turned around the boys had appeared with the rest of the stuff.

"Who are these guys?" Sebastien asked in my ear, "fans apparently" I said.
"Ah hi guys can we help you?" asked Chuck.
"Hi, umm do you guys have any CDs or merch we can buy? We thought you guys were pretty good inside" on of the boys asked.
"Ah yeah hold on, Pat, you've got CDs yeah?" questioned Pierre in shock. "Ah, Yeah, its mainly you guys doing covers but yeah, hold on" he said as he dug into a bag.
"That’s alright, Would you guys mind signing them?" a girl asked, as she checked out the boys.
"Hold on, wait what?" asked David.
"Band conference" yelled Jeff.

"I wanted to give my mum a copy of our cd with our signatures on it first..." Started Jeff.
"Yeah me too" agreed Chuck.
"Idea, we each take a CD sign it, put it down, first cd we've ever signed. Goes to our parents THEN sign these ones?" suggested Pierre. There was agreement all around, the each grabbed a cd from Pats bag, signed one each and put them down. Except for Seb, grabbing an extra 2
"Bro what you doing?" asked David. "Well you see there are another 2 people here who might want one" he teased.
"Oh right" said David, making me blush.
"Okay CDs are $10" said Pat, handing them one as they as they coughed up. "So who wants to celebrate?" I said after the exchanges, earning excited screams from everyone. We went back to David's house since noone was home and had a bit of fun, just a few beers, some good music, some video games and by the end of the night a movie since noone was in a good state to drive. "anyone seen Kay?" Sebastien asked.

Crap, Pierre had disappeared too. "I think she went to get some fresh air I'll go find her" I went out to the back yard to see if either on of them were there. I found Kayleigh sitting on Pierre's lap giggling, pretty sure they were about to kiss. "ahem" I cleared my throat, I didn't really want to kill the moment but I kind of had to.

"umm guys what're you doing?" I asked, knowing the answer since Kayleigh was slightly tipsy.
"Hey Pierre mind if I talk to you over here for a sec?" dragging him over, "were you going to kiss her?" I asked, I knew he still knew what he was doing since he could hold his liquor pretty well.
"well I know I want to, but well..."
"she's had a bit to drink? She's your best friends sister?" I suggested.
"I was going more along the lines of the first one..." he started. "just don't say anything to Sebastien yet, please? I want to talk to him, just not now" he asked,
"and what were you going to do if she went to kiss you huh?"
"well I was planning of letting her kiss my cheek instead, guessed it would be better than my lips?" he said.
"fine, talk to him tomorrow, yeah? I just don't want to have to hold on to this for too long okay?"
"yeah okay, should we take Kay inside, she looks like she needs to lie down" "ah yeah and some painkillers, again" I shook me head as we grabbed her by the arms and brought her inside.

"where we're you?" asked David suspiciously,
"when Kay went out to get some air she grabbed me, made sure she okay" thank God he was thinking somewhat straight, and that was actually to some degree, true.
"hey David you got painkillers, panadol, whatever you call them?"
"ah yeah kitchen on that shelf"
“thanks.”

I returned giving them to Kay and some water and Pierre made sure she drank it all as I lied down next to Sebastien on the couch. He put his arm around my waist finding my fingers, intertwining them. I felt myself smile, I liked this, I wasn't used to it, but I definitely liked it. We sat there like this as everyone fell asleep while the movie was still on. Just as I was drifting off to sleep I felt him kiss my neck a few times.