Sequel: Meet You There
Status: FINISHED

Exchange

Chapter 12

By Wednesday a lot of people at school knew about they boys small performance on Saturday night, I was a little shocked that the news had spread so quickly, we all kind of were. We had a few people who had actually been there come and talk to the boys in the halls and at lunch and I guess word had gotten around about it. In English that day me and Kayleigh sat together by ourselves like we had been for the last few weeks since she stopped sitting with the group of about 15 girls.

As we waited for our teacher a girl who sat with that big group of girls we used to sit with appraoched us. She wasn’t one of Kayleigh’s close friends, but she knew her.
"hi" she smiled.
"uh hi?" I said questioningly wondering what she wanted.
"so I noticed you two sit with those 6 boys at lunch"
"yes?" I answered for both of us, wondering where this was headed.
"so why do you sit with them instead of us? Is it because they're a band or something?" she asked.

Oh God I think she was asking for me to yell in her face and hit her or something.

"well one of them HAPPENS to be my brother" Kayleigh answered, obviously irritated
"and if you have noticed they're OUR FRIENDS" I cut her off before she got really pissed.
"well I noticed one of them always has his arm around you" she started.
"is this what that's about?" I questioned scoffing. "that might be because he's my boyfriend or something, I'm not too sure. And again the rest of them are our friends, and I don't think Kayleigh here appreciated how you and the rest of your group were talking about me or them, so if you don't mind.." I answered for the both us with so much sarcasm in my voice.

What the hell? Where did this come from? Kayleigh just looked at me, she knew I was only telling the truth even if I had put it in a harsher way.
"is there anything else or are you going to question us about what we ate for lunch next?" Kayliegh asked.
"oh sorry, umm yeah bye" she said as she walked back over to her seat. "what was that about?" I asked,
"you know exactly what, you said it to her yourself."
"oh yeah... Well I guess the few people that know of the performance wonder how the hell it happened, since they’re 5 boys that sit in a corner every lunch" "this is very true." she said in a whisper as the teacher started the class.

After class as we went to grab our stuff, Kay nudged me, "what's wrong?" I asked in French. She subtly pointed with her head as Pierre walked towards us. "You were fine at lunch?" I asked, still talking in French, she straightened up and put on a smile as Pierre walked past us smiling.

"Okay, Kay what's wrong? It's Pierre?" I asked, she started rambling in French and then realised I got really confused with all her slang and then concluded with a simple "I'm nervous" in French. I pulled her into a hug
"Hey it's fine to be nervous, besides you two get along really well" I said taking the conversation back to English.
"But what if..." she started.
"No ifs! You like him, he likes you, date tomorrow, you're going. Even If you ended up genuinely sick I think he would bring you soup and watch movies with you just to get that first date!" I said laughing at my own stupidity, even though I knew it was probably true.

On Thursday Kayleigh was still nervous when we got to school and wasn’t really herself at lunch; she was very quiet and barely said anything, but the boys didn’t really seem to notice.

After school I made Sebastien stop at the bakery between school and home. He was going to question why I was making him stop but then thought better of it and just pulled over. I grabbed some hot chocolates, 2 muffins and a few cookies to share between us. It was mainly to calm Kay’s nerves about tonight, and I figured if we all had something she wouldn’t think I was going out of the way just for her, even though I knew she knew what I was doing. But nonetheless she took what I gave her and she calmed down.

When we got home we did what little homework we had and then we both got ready since we were both going out tonight.

"Okay, how about you go have a shower, fix you're hair and wear THIS dress, tights, and boots? Yeah okay great" I said, and surprisingly she took my direction which was a first, I guess she was just really nervous. I got changed into something similar, staying warm since it had really started to cool down lately.

"You ready?" I asked Kayleigh,
"I think so"
"I think THAT was the door, but I'm pretty sure I can hear Sebastien getting it." I said smiling. I kept her calm for a few minutes trying to prevent her from hearing Seb's conversation with Pierre downstairs since I’m pretty sure he was having an “I’m her brother and you have me to answer to” kind of talk, and that was the last think Kayleigh needed to hear. But eventually Sebastien yelled out "KAYLEIGH GET DOWN HERE PIERRE IS HERE"

"okay, come on" I smiled.
"oh hey there cutie" Sebastien said smiling at the sight of me.
"hey it's only been like an hour since you last saw me" I laughed.
"now remember its a school night Pierre, bring her back before I'm back or you're dead" Sebastien said trying to be the serious older brother.
"sure thing!" said Pierre going along with it, Grabbing Kayleighs hand and heading for the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
this one's a little short but the next one is longer.
as always, let me know what you think!