Sequel: Meet You There
Status: FINISHED

Exchange

Chapter 15

"so we got a Road trip soundtrack yet?" I asked, in English, as we got in the car.
"well I got plenty of CDs for you to choose from!" Sebastien said as we made our way to Chuck's place.

"hey guys! What's still gotta go in?" asked Sebastien when he got out of the car.
"just your guitar and Chuck’s drums" replied Jeff.

Kayleigh and I just stood around and waited since they wouldn't let us help. David and Pat got in the car with us, while Pierre, Chuck and Jeff got in the van. Sebastien followed the van and David played DJ for a while, picking between CDs. I have I admit, he was good at picking music everyone loves.

It was an hour and a half before the guys decided we needed some food and pulled over into a diner. The food was basic but food was food.
"we sure this place is fine? We can't stop at a Burger King or McDonalds?" Kayleigh asked, sounding worried.
"it's fine, I've eaten here before. Besides just don't order anything weird and you’ll be fine!" said Chuck.

To be safe we all just ordered burgers and I got a malt milkshake. We don't get malts back home, which sucks, but I was enjoying them now so It was alright. After we ate we all used the bathroom because nothing is worse than having to pull over to pee in the middle of nowhere.

Sebastien got back in to drive and we drove around 2hrs before David called Chuck.
"hey chuck we gotta pull over at the next fast food place, gas station whatever, Jess' got to pee"
"okay no worries there's one in 10minutes?"
"Seb there's one in 10 minutes, pull in there okay?"
"Yeah no worries" he said. THANK GOD!
"okay thanks, see you then" David said before hanging up.

"okay could this 10minutes BE any longer?" I complained.
"we’re almost there don't worry!" Sebastien said while Patrick teased me.
When we got there the car was in park for less than 30seconds before I was our of the car and in the bathroom. Maybe drinking all that coke wasn't the best idea on a 6hr road trip.

"hey Seb, take a break, I'll drive" suggested Patrick. Seeing Jeff take over the van from Pierre made him realise how long Sebastien had been driving for. "come sit in the back," I told Sebastien, figuring I'd make sure he got some rest.
"shot gun the front" yelled Kayleigh.
"hey that's not fair I was about to get in there!" complained David.
"sorry shot gun rules apply!" Sebastien said laughing.
"fine, but I'm still choosing the music!" he said.
"whatever you like David!" Kayleigh said.

Half an hour after driving I got Sebastien to fall asleep, his head on the window and hand in my hand, and me and David made sure to be a second and third set of eyes for Patrick as he drove.

"Pat, I gotta pee!" said Kayleigh said urgently after an hour.
"Really Kay? You couldn't have gone to the bathroom when we stopped an hour ago?" Patrick replied.
"Someone call Chuck and tell him we need to stop at the next pit stop"
"hold on I'll call him" I replied.
"Chuck we gotta pull over again Kayleigh needs a bathroom"
"okay, fine. I think there's a truck stop coming up soon, Just follow us" he said. "okay then, thanks" I replied.
"Pat, just follow the guys."
"will do" he replied.

When we pulled over, I wanted to get out, but Sebastien had kinda shifted his weight, with his head on my shoulders.
"psst David" I whispered as everyone else got out of the car.
"DAVID!" I whispered again, louder this time.
"yeah what's up?" he said loudly sticking his head back into the car. Sometimes I wonder about his thought processes. I pointed at Sebastien, asleep on my shoulder.

"ohhh right!" he said opening the door on the other side of Sebastien, I think he was going to try and keep him from leaning on me while I got out.
"maybe you should just wake him?" David suggested.
"umm yeah.." I said, and kissed Sebastien's cheek.
"oh come on!" David said.
"should I wake my sleeping beauty with a real kiss?" I said laughing, and he nodded.

He didn't seem too uncomfortable standing there but I could tell it wasn't his first choice to be standing there. I lent down and kissed him, and then felt him kiss back, and broke apart feeling him smile.

"I didn't tell you to stop" he said cheekily.
"ahem" David cleared his through.
"sorry David, his fault" I said pointing at Sebastien, then ticking my tongue out at him, making Sebastien come back in for another kiss.
"guys I'm right here!" yelled David before walking away.
"can you wake me up like that every day?" he asked suggestively.
"well that depends..." I hinted before he kissed me again.
"okay... NOW we have to get out" I said.
"wait where are we?" he asked still half asleep, rubbing his eyes.
"some truck stop, now get out" I told him.

I caught up with Kayleigh and we went to the bathroom, and then bought some snacks from the shop before getting back in the car for the last leg of our trip. Patrick drove again and again, Kayleigh got in the front, while I had both Sebastien and David fall asleep on me.

When we arrived in Toronto we Patrick followed Chuck to a hotel which we, along with the boy's parents, had all chipped in for, for the 2 nights.

"okay you two, wake up!" I yelled at David and Sebastien.
"I'll get David, you get Sebastien" Patrick said opening the door and tapping David until he woke up. I kissed Sebastien knowing it would wake him up.
"so you listened when I told you to wake me up like this" he said laughing.
"no, well yes, I know it'd be the quickest way to wake you now come on!" I said pushing him out of the car and grabbing my bag from the boot.

Pierre and Jeff went and checked in, handed us keys to the room and we all sheepishly walked up and crashed down anywhere we could.

"anyone else hungry?" asked Kayleigh
"always thinking about your stomach" I said jokingly, and she shot me a look. "I kid that's me that only ever cares about their stomach" I said laughing.

"since me and David slept for a bit, how about we go find some real food; besides these chocolates and chips." Sebastien said voluntarily, "come on David, there's gotta be a pizza place AT LEAST around here" Sebastien said dragging David against his will to the door.

They returned with some pizzas, which we all attacked before finding a place to sleep.

"Kay we're sharing the king bed yeah?" I asked Kayleigh
"yeah okay"
"are you sure?" asked Pierre
"knock it off Bouvier! Gnight" I said closing the door, but 30 seconds later there was a knock on the door.
"what could you possibly want?" I asked. "oh it's you" I said opening the door to Sebastien.
"sorry" I said shyly.
"it's okay, I just wanted to say goodnight" he said before kissing me on the cheek and closing the door.