Sequel: Meet You There
Status: FINISHED

Exchange

Chapter 16

The next morning me and Kayleigh woke up to someone banging on the bedroom door. I got up half asleep and opened it when Pat ran past me and into the bathroom.
"okay then.." I mumbled.
"sorry, Jeff was in the other bathroom and I REALLY had to go" he apologized when he came out.
"it's okay, I know the feeling" I said before ushering him out so me and Kayleigh could get dressed.

We went out and woke up whoever was still asleep because once again we were hungry.
"come on Pierre, I'm hungry, don't make me hit you" I yelled at him angrily, making him get up
"it's okay, I would've kiss it better" Kayleigh said laughing.
"okay can we get some breakfast now before we starve" I yelled at everyone. "give us like 2 minutes!" said Chuck
"fine" me and Kayleigh grumbled as we waited.

We went and grabbed some breakfast and then they insisted that they take me to see the city with the boys insisting on going to Canada's Wonderland, even though Sebastien wasnt particularly keen, he didn't object.

"are we seriously going on this?" I asked, staring at this massive roller coaster.
"yeah we are!" yelled Pierre all excited,
"oh okay then" I said.
"oh you scared?" teased Pat.
"NO! We are doing this shit!" I yelled.

I was slightly nervous but it was just a ride.

"Sebastien?" Pat asked, waving his hand in front of his eyes trying to get his attention.
"ah yeah, sorry"
"you alright there?"
"yeah I am NOT going on that, no no no no no"
"it's okay, calm down you don't have to" I said.
"guys this has got to be the last ride," Kayleigh said looking at her watch. "okay let's go!" I said dumping my back-pack with Sebastien and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

When we came off the ride were walking back to Sebastien when I stopped dead in my tracks.

"what's wrong?" Whispered Kayleigh.
"you remember that day in English when that girl.." I started, and I began slowly moving again.
"yeah?" she questioned.

I just pointed. She was standing there talking to Sebastien twirling her hair. I wasn't angry with Sebastien, since he'd done nothing wrong, but that girl had some nerve especially after our chat that day in English. There wasn’t much I could do, So I decided to be a tease instead; I ran up to Sebastien and kissed him on the cheek unexpectedly. He smiled and turned, mid conversation, to kiss me, and then put his arm around my waist.

"oh hi there!" I said, with just the right amount of bitch, "you sit with those girls Kayleigh used to sit with right? I'm Jessie, Sebastien's GIRLFRIEND"
"oh yeah I do, Hi I’m Katie and I'm sorry I can't stick around I have to go meet my parents. Bye!" she said slightly cheerful.
"thanks" Sebastien said before we started making our way to the exit of the park.

As we walked, Sebastien's arm still around me, he whispered in my ear, "what was that about back there?"
"what do you mean?" I asked
"YOU" he said.
"I guess you're very protective of me around other guys; even your best friends, and I guess I’m just slightly protective of you around other girls" I said. "I know but that’s because you’re amazing and I never want to lose you." he said, "besides you don't need to worry because well I wouldn't ever be able to do that to you. Ever. I promise." he said, before quickly pecking me on the cheek. It definitely made me feel better that he'd said that but I couldn't help but feel that, that girl wasn't done.

We got back to the hotel, quickly got changed into something more appropriate and warmer, and then headed to the venue to set up. Once again before the show Patrick took out a CD, a little boom box and some headphones and forced people to listen to them before the show, since once again there weren't many people inside.

Everyone that was there was there to see the headlining band and I guess not many people were too interested in the supporting band. But nonetheless the boys took the stage and gave it all they’ve got no matter how many people were disinterested. When they came off stage I went to hug Sebastien before thinking better of it since he was so sweaty, but he caught me half way and pulled me into a hug.

"Sebastiennnn" I complained.
"bet she says that every night" joked Patrick, but then I gave him a very dirty look and Sebastien just gave him the finger.
"you can let go now, I have enough of your sweat on me right now!" I told Sebastien and he finally agreed to let go of me.

We packed up the gear and took it back out to the van, before heading back in to check out the headlining band. After they played we were still backstage and they invited us to an after party.

Pierre didn't drink because he had to drive the van, and Jeff didn't particularly feel up to drinking and volunteered to drive back Seb's car, besides we'd agreed we wouldn't be out too late since we had to drive back home tomorrow.

The rest of us had had a few drinks and were slightly intoxicated but were still having fun.

"Kay, bathroom break?" I asked Kayleigh.
"yeah sure" she replied.

On our way back from the bathroom we stopped at the food since we were starving and as we made our way back over to where we were sitting I saw a familiar face.

"Kayleigh" I said trying to get Kayleigh's attention. It was that girl again, she just would leave Sebastien alone, she was sitting next to him stroking his arm. I trusted him, but her, not so much since I had already told her twice that he had a girlfriend... Me. I turned around to get Kayleigh's attention but she had disappeared into Pierre's arms, looks like I was on my own.

When I turned back to face them I found her now kissing Sebastien. The little slut. I walked over there and tapped on her shoulder.

"umm excuse me, please get your face away from Sebastien" I told her, I was ready to give her a piece of my mind.
"you're not my mother, don't tell me what to do" she responded.
"but I am his GIRLFRIEND for what, the THIRD time now?" I responded, if she was looking for a fight, she was gonna get one.

I knew this wasn't Sebastien's fault, especially since he had had a few drinks, but still I began to feel annoyed that he wasn't stepping in.

“Just please get you’re face away from my boyfriend okay?” I said
“what If I don’t want to?” she asked
"girls, stop! You," intervened Jeff, talking to Katie, "please leave, just go, please. And DON'T come back. Sebastien doesn't need you around, nor do any of us, so please just leave" directed Jeff.

I was thankful he was sober and stepped in since it could've ended a lot worse. Sebastien just sat there stunned. Jeff pulled me into a tight hug, and tears ran down my face.

"Hey it's alright, don't worry about her, and you know Sebastien would never hurt you, it's alright" he said calming me down and stroking the back of my head. Kayleigh had appeared, and took over from Jeff. It's not that I was upset, it's just that when I get really pissed, I cry.

As I turned to Kayleigh I could see Sebastien's face, he had that look that he had that night in his car when Pierre had his arm around me, that look of jealousy. But I didn't care right now; I just wanted to get out of here.

I heard Kayleigh whisper to Pierre that it was probably time to go, and Kayleigh took me outside towards the car and van.

"you alright?" she asked.
"to by honest I don't really know," I said, tears still streaming down my face. "it's going to be fine, don't worry about her, Sebastien would never choose her over you, never" she reassured.

We got in the car, with David and Chuck getting in with us, and Seb and Pat getting in the van with Pierre. When we got to the hotel I went straight to bed, closing the door without saying goodnight to anyone.