Sequel: Meet You There
Status: FINISHED

Exchange

Chapter 17

I woke up with a slight headache, I went out to get some water, trying not to wake anyone since I was still avoiding Sebastien I guess. But I figured I can't avoid him forever, I have to drive 6hours with him in the car and live with him until January, besides its not like we broke up or anything.

Sebastien woke up and saw me getting some water.
"good morning sweetie" he said in French with a faint smile.
"morning" I replied, still annoyed.

When everyone got up we packed what we had, grabbed some breakfast and got in the cars. We figured that if we left early enough we'd get back in time for dinner.

Kayleigh and I sat in the back seat with David as we drove.
"hey are you and Seb okay?" Kayleigh whispered.
"I don't really know, we haven't really talked" I said sighing, “and I’m still pretty pissed”
“pissed at…?”
“in general, at him, at her, at everyone. Just fucking pissed.” I said
"oh okay then".

We pulled into a truck stop and fast food outlet after about 2hours to take a break. While we were sitting waiting for our food, I noticed Sebastien didn't seem too happy that I was sitting next to Jeff, but I wasn’t exactly going to get up and move. Kayleigh grabbed Pierre and got up gesturing to the other boys to give us some space too.

"where'd everyone go?" I asked trying not to make it obvious that I didn’t particularly wish to be sitting here with my boyfriend and his best friend right now.
"to give you TWO some space to talk" responded Jeff.
"we're fine," said Sebastien.

Well apparently our relationship was just dandy.

“nothing’s wrong” I said with a shitload of attitude

“oh yeah because NOTHING is wrong. You’re only barely talking to each other let alone anyone else, you guys seem SO fine. Don't lie you two. Spill it. Now." Jeff instructed.
“we’re fine” both me and Sebastien snapped, but then Jeff shot us a look.

"why the hell didn’t you push her away?" I asked Sebastien reluctantly, realizing we would have to talk about this eventually.
"I did, I tried, but she didn't believe that's what I wanted" he said sighing.
“bulshit, if you really tried she wouldn’t have had her lips on yours” I said still clearly pissed off.
“Jess… I tried, I pushed her away countless times but she didn’t, she wouldn’t no matter how many times I said no, even though I had had a bit to drink” Sebastien said hanging his head down.
"why did YOU start comforting Jess? That's my job" Sebastien asked Jeff, making me smile faintly.
"Sebastien, I didn't mean anything by it, I just saw you slightly drunk, Jess about to burst into tears and I figured she needed a friend," he responded, "besides I would NEVER make a move on your girl, EVER"
"I know but..."
"Sebastien, you KNOW me, I would never do that. I have too much respect for you, and besides you're like my brother I could never do that even if I wanted to" said Jeff.

Sebastien had this look of un-sureness but I could tell he couldn't stay mad at him for something like this, like Jeff said; they were like brothers. I still wasn’t happy with Sebastien and he knew it, but then turned to me.

"don’t you trust me?" he questioned sighing,
"We talked about this, I could never cheat on you, ever" he said sincerely.
"it's not that I don't trust you, I think I'd trust you with my life," I said, pausing, "thanks" he mumbled,
"it's just that I don't trust her, and I well, I was disappointed that you let her kiss you. No matter how much you pushed her away and no matter how much I know you would NEVER do that intentionally I fucking disappointed" I said sincerely, while I felt tears surface in my eyes probably about to spill out and run down my face.
"okay I'll be back" said Jeff getting up, realising he was no longer involved and that it would probably be awkward for him to keep sitting here.

"I know, like Jeff said I was slightly drunk, and like I said, I tried, but she wouldn't take no for an answer" Sebastien said, and I could tell he was disappointed in himself.
"did you kiss her back?" I asked.
"no… I only kiss people back when I mean to, like... when I kiss you." he said, making me blush.

"Sebastien.." I started, but he gave me that look, the one where I know he didn't care about anything else that was happening except me, the one where he was really upset that he'd put himself in this position, the one where I knew he was sorry, where he and I both knew I couldn't be made at him for anything after would.

I didn't like fighting with him and I knew he didn't like fighting with me.

"Sebastien..." I started again, but this time he got out of his seat, came and sat in the empty seat next to me and just hugged me, I didn't complain, then he kissed me on the cheek and grabbed my hand. It was kind of a mutual agreement that we we’re okay, and everyone came back over with our food.

"thanks guys" we both mumbled, taking our food and eating in silence while everyone else made conversation.

We got back in the car and drove back home with a few pit stops for food and for a bathroom. We got back to Chuck's and everyone unloaded into their own cars and left, considering we'd all see each other tomorrow at school.

When we got home, we unpacked our stuff and had dinner before disappearing to our rooms since we were tired. But just as me and Kayleigh got into our beds there was a knock at our door.
"come in" said Kayleigh

The door opened and Sebastien came in, "can we talk?" he asked, directed at me.

"right now?" I asked, I was so exhausted. I know he only wanted things to be right between us, but it don't think now was the time. He could tell I wasn't really up to it right now so instead he came over and kissed me on the cheek. But I didn't want him to leave, so I grabbed his hand and smiled.

"can I stay for a bit?" he whispered, and I nodded and made room for him. "guys, just..." started Kayleigh, "just good night" she said turning off her lamp on her bedside table.

For a while me and Sebastien just sat there, my arm around his waist since he was in front of me, our fingers intertwined. Kayleigh had long fallen asleep when I put my head on Sebastien's shoulder, then he got off the bed, took his shirt off and got under the covers this time facing me. Guess he didn't want to leave me.

"are we fine?" he asked,
"we're fine" I said, nodding.
"just fine? Or..." he asked
"we're more than fine, we're happy, yeah?" I said.
"happy" he said with a big smile on his face before softly kissing me on the lips.

I felt partially responsible for everything that'd happened since he was basically caught in the middle of something that had previously happened.
But I knew he felt just as responsible for our fight considering what had happened, so when he broke away from me I kissed him again, but this time more passionately and a lot deeper, he understood and kissed me back.

"I meant to kiss you back" he whispered cheekily, making me hit him.
"what was that for?!" he asked.
"for being a smart ass, smart ass" I said, sticking my tongue out.

He took this as an invitation to kiss me again, this time reflecting the nature of our last kiss. I had to pull back to stop him, and pointed over his shoulder, reminding him that Kayleigh was in the room. "okay then," he said slightly disappointed, but then quickly kissed me before rolling back over and placing my hand around him holding my hand. I guess this meant that everything was fine between us