Sequel: Meet You There
Status: FINISHED

Exchange

Chapter 22

A few weeks had passed since that night I had hit Katie, and whenever it was brought up all any of us could do was just laugh. October and Halloween had come and gone, the boy’s had played a Halloween party and dragged us along which was good fun.

"Hey Jess it's your birthday soon yeah?" Kayleigh asked during dinner one night.
"WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME IT WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY SOON?!" yelled Sebastien before I could answer
"yeah, November 14" I said directed at Kayleigh, "and that’s because you either don't pay attention to my birthday or to the current date" I said poking my tongue out at him
"so what are we doing?" Kayleigh asked
"honestly nothing, and I mean it" I said
"well what's your favourite kind of cake? You have to have a cake" Mrs Lefebvre asked
"okay cake I'm not going to turn down," I said chuckling, "whatever you like; I'm easy, but I AM a sucker for chocolate any day" I said smiling.

My birthday wasn't mentioned by anyone for a few days, until on the way to school one day Kayleigh brought it up again.

"are you sure you don’t want to do anything for your birthday?" Kayleigh asked
"I'm sure, just spending it here with you guys is enough" I replied
"you sure?" asked Sebastien
"sure"
"are you positive? Because you know we could have a party and ..." asked Kayleigh
"Even though I love parties, I'm positive Kay" I said cutting her off.

Kayleigh kept bugging me all day but the rest of the week she just left it alone, and I kinda thought they had forgotten about it, I really didn't want a big fuss.

"Hey Jess..." Sebastien said slyly two days before my birthday.
"yes..." I replied
"so I was thinking that I take you out for your birthday... And then we'll come back and have cake with everyone?"
"well I feel like I don't have much of a choice so yeah okay" I said, I knew he wasn't going to let me not celebrate.

Friday was my birthday and I was woken by Sebastien kissing me. No idea how he convinced Kayleigh to let him into our room this early but he was in here basically on top of me. Actually, on second thoughts, I’m pretty sure she has no clue that he’s in here.
"good morning beautiful" he whispered smiling
"good morning, what's the time?"
"it's 6:30"
"why are we awake this early and why are we whispering?" I asked
"because I wanted to spend some times with you before school and because Kayleigh is asleep. Let's go to my room" he said pulling me out of bed.

We went into his room, which was surprisingly cleaner than usual and I sat in his bed and covered myself with the quilt.

"what are you doing?" Sebastien said as he turned around to find me in his bed.
"I'm cold okay?"
"well I'll come keep you warm" he said kissing me and then getting in next to me with his arms around me
"Happy Birthday beautiful!" he said a few moments later making me blush.
"is this all I get? Your arm around me? You could do SO much better" I teased laughing, knowing he wouldn't take that seriously.
"don't worry you'll get your present later" he said with a cheeky grin. We lay there and snuggled and kissing till 7:15 when Kayleigh came in and yelled at us to get out of bed. Evidently the fact that it was my birthday wasn’t going to affect her need for us to be on time... As any other day.

When we got to school the boys all gave me lung crushing hugs; Pierre's being by far the worst. And Kailyn and Belle spent the day with us also pulling me into big hugs. But I was thankful that no one had gotten me any gifts.

"so you got any plans for tonight?" Kailyn asked at lunch
"or this weekend?" Belle chimed
"just Sebastien taking me out tonight and some cake. Nice and simple." I said smiling
"that's it? No wild birthday celebrations?" said David disappointedly
"sorry to disappoint but no" I told him.
"she asked for simple and not over the top and that's what she's getting. Not my first choice but it could be worse right?" said Kayleigh.
"I guess so" responded David still slightly disappointed that there wasn't going to be a party.

After school it seemed that Sebastien had employed the work of Kayleigh, Kailyn and Belle to get me ready for tonight not that I had any idea what was happening.

Kayleigh picked out my clothes for me, as usual, and then made me go have a shower and get dressed. Then Belle and Kailyn helped her with my hair and make up, since they were going to sleep over tonight.

"guys why am I dressed like this? We're just going out to dinner?" I asked puzzled, since I was dressed in a nice casual kind of dress with shiny black heels.
"well he's taking you somewhere nice okay?" Kayleigh said with a look that told me not to ask again.
"you ready?" asked Sebastien as he knocked on the door and poked his head in.
"yes she's ready, you can have her now" Kayleigh answered, with her and the other two looking satisfied.

Kayleigh handed me a clutch, which she had put everything that I would need into, and sent me on my way.

"be back around 8:30-9 so we can have cake yeah? And call when you’re on your way do we can fix up the cake" Kayleigh told him as we walked downstairs and out of the house.

"well don't YOU look nice tonight" I said with a cheeky smile as we made our way to his car; he wasn’t dressed in his usual baggy pants and tee shirt, but in a nice pair of tight Black Jeans, a button up shirt and even a nice blazer kind of jacked.

He opened the car door for me and then jumped in on the other side.

"happy birthday gorgeous" he said handing me a bunch of flowers. "I knew you wouldnt want anything too much do I figured that this would do" he said smiling.
"come here" I said leaning over to kiss him as a thank you.
"so where are we going?" I asked as he started driving
"downtown Montreal" he replied
"I meant restaurant wise smart ass"
"you'll find out" he replied turning the volume up forcing me to sing.

We parked right near the restaurant and Sebastien opened my door for me, took my hand and led me to the restaurant. It was a lot nicer than our usual kind of place, I didn't want him spending too much money on me but I figured I'd just accept it since he wasn't going to change his mind.

"So what brought us here?" I asked
"your birthday silly!"
"I know that you idiot, I meant why of all places here?"
"I thought you deserved something special for your birthday not just some ordinary cafe or anything"
"okay fair enough, but are you sure?" I asked
"why else would I bring you here. You deserve the best today" he replied.

I have to admit sometimes he was just too cheesy but right now it was perfect.
After dinner we made out way back to the car but instead of getting his phone out and calling Kayleigh like he said he would he leaned over and kissed me; making me kiss him back. It went on for a few minutes before we broke apart and just looked at each other.

"you really ARE beautiful you know?" he whispered into my ear.
"umm thanks" I said shyly
"shouldn't you probably call Kayleigh?"
"mhm a little later" he whispered before kissing me again making me smile and giggle.

Looks like a found my birthday present.

After 5minutes or so of purely just making out, we broke apart and Sebastien called Kayleigh and told her we were leaving and would be home soon.

But after about 10minutes of driving Sebastien got lost.

"Sebby, do you know where you're going?" I asked
"I did... But I think I was meant to turn right a few turns back instead of left. Hold on I'll pull over and can you grab the street directory" he said.

I grabbed the street directory and found where we were.

"yeah hun, you were meant to Turn back there" thanks to our detour it took us an extra 10minutes to get home.

"thank you Sebastien" I said as he opened my door and grabbed my hand leading me to the door. He kissed me lightly before opening the door and leading me inside and then standing behind me.

The next thing I knew the lights we’re being turned on and there was a mass of people in front of me.
"SURPRISE!" everyone yelled making me jump back, good thing Sebastien had moved behind me. I was a little shocked.

"what?" I asked, turning to Sebastien with my eyes wide open, Before Kayleigh came and pulled me into a tight hug.

"she didn't suspect a thing... I don't think" Sebastien said to Kayleigh.
"good! We did a good job then! And Jess, don't kill Sebastien, this was really all my doing." Kayleigh said to me.
"well it was my idea and everyone helped out" she said reluctantly.
"so cake time? We did promise her cake when she got home!" Kailyn said laughing.

I stood there awkwardly as everyone sang me happy birthday and I was still slightly in shock that I'd been thrown a surprise party. I couldn’t believe I didn't even pick Up on it at all.

Everyone was here; all 5 other boys, all the girls we, and by we I mainly meant Kayleigh, we're friends with and basically anyone else we knew and spoke to from the rest of our grade, so there was a decent amount of people her.

When I cut the cake not only had I unintentionally touched the bottom but the knife had come out dirty, making everyone chant "kiss, kiss" at me. I eventually turned to Sebastien, pulled him closer by his collar and kissed him softly yet passionately.

"thank you" I said in French to Mr. and Mrs. Lefebvre as they came to move the cake away.
"you're more than welcome dear" responded Mrs. Lefebvre before she took it upon herself to cut up and pass out the cake which she'd made.

"Happy Birthday!!" was all I kept hearing all from every direction.
Then the boys came an gave me a big group hug "Happy birthday Jess!!" they each yelled at me.

"you know I can't believe you lot kept this a secret" I said laughing
"I'm surprised David didn't spill his guts at any point" laughed Pierre
"hey I'm not that bad at keeping secrets!" David said defensively.
"yeah you all" we all said laughing at him.
"you know I'm surprised Sebastien didn't spill it with all the time he spent keeping you away from everyone while we organised this" said Chuck laughing
"well I had no idea so compliments to you all" I said laughing
"come on let's dance" Sebastien said taking me out of he grasp of everyone else.

Probably after about 20mins Kayleigh, Belle and Kailyn came over and sent Sebastien away telling him that he couldn't keep me all to himself tonight.

We danced for a bit and I shared myself With either one of the girls or boys with me all the time so I couldn't forget names or when people started talking colloquial French they could tell me what it meant.

By around 12:30-1am most of the people left and by 1:30am everyone had left except for the boys, Kailyn and Belle who were all sleeping over apparently.

"we should probably clean up" I said once everyone else had left. I took off the heels Kayleigh had made me wear and picked up a garbage bag and started picking up rubbish.
"can't we all just sleep?" Kayleigh whined
"Kayleigh get your ass up! If we all do a little bit now we don't have to do as much in the morning when we're even more tired" I said.

Everyone looked at me knowing I was right so they All got up and helped, like I said we all did a little bit so in 15mins we'd picked up all the rubbish and packed most things away.

"okay sleep beckons!" I said.
"Seb where we sleeping?" asked Patrick.
"wherever you guys like, you know the drill. There's couches and a few mattresses down in the basement if you want" he told them
"well I'm going to get out of this dress, gnite guys!" I said before going upstairs with the girls.
"hey I'll go get another mattress so you can sleep up here" Kayleigh said,
"Kay don't worry about it, one of you can sleep in my bed" I said directed at Belle and Kailyn.
"but then where're you going to sleep?" Belle asked a little confused.
"it's okay I'll go sleep with Sebastien, he wont mind me in his bed" I said
"oooo Sebastien's bed.." teased Kailyn
"oh shut up" I said with an annoyed tone yet smiling
"just don't... Okay?"
"Kayleigh how many times have I ended up asleep in his bed, if we were going to I'm sure it would've happened already" I said laughing.
"just don't. " she said
"gnite guys" I said as I left my room and opened Sebastien's door.

He wasn’t upstairs yet so I made my way to his bed and jumped in his bed getting comfy knowing he wouldn't mind. The door opened and Sebastien walked in, closing the door after himself, not noticing I was sitting in his bed. He took his shirt off, which I didn't mind, but then he started to take his pants off and I decided that it was probably a good idea to let him know I was in here.

"ahem" I cleared my throat, making him jump a little and turn around to find me sitting in his bed.
"CRAP! JESS! What the hell are you doing in here?!" he asked a little alarmed keeping his pants up, making me laugh.
"I told the girls is sleep in here to save Kayleigh going and getting a mattress" I told him going and getting into his bed.
"oh yeah you can sleep here I guess" he said with a cheeky smile, "can you ah just turn around for a sec so I can change..."
"oh Sebastien is insecure" I said winking and laughing "yeah sure thing, I'll dig my face into this pillow" I said as I turned around.

A few moments later I felt the be move and I looked up.

"hi beautiful" he said before kissing me.
"I'm hoping you're decent under there" I said laughing.
"yeah I am" he said quickly kissing the top of my head, "good night beautiful" he said before turning off the light and putting his arm around me.

After about an hour I couldn't sleep I kept shifting my weight, and I could tell Sebastien wasn't asleep either.

"Sebby are you awake?" I whispered
"yeah I am, What's up?" he answered.
"just can't sleep" I replied. "hey you know you're really cold? Come a little closer" he said pulling me closer to his hot body, hot as in temperature wise.

Either his body was really hot or mine was really cold. I ended up resting my head on his bare chest with the covers pulled right up.

"you a little warmer?" he asked as he played with my hair now that I'd stopped moving around.

"yeah" I said drifting off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming in :) i love knowing what youre thinking. yes the chapters are getting longer because i dont want to cut them in half anymore, but that means i cant update nearly as frequently, but i promise i wont leave you all hanging for too long :)