Sequel: Meet You There
Status: FINISHED

Exchange

Chapter 23

The next morning Jeff came looking for Sebastien, he opened the door yelling "Sebastien" before he realised Sebastien wasn't alone in his bed.
"oh sorry guys, really sorry" he said
"it's okay we were awake anyway" I said, as Sebastien played with my hair like he did last night before we fell asleep.
"yeah THAT I can tell" Jeff said
"hey where's Seb?" Yelled Pat as him and Pierre came into the room.
"oh" said Pat.
"what's going on here, did you two...?" Pierre asked, making Sebastien laugh "no I told them girls I'd sleep in here so we wouldn't have to go get another mattress" I said laughing.
"sure sure" said Jeff.
"so he gets to sleep with his girlfriend but I can't sleep with mine?" Pierre asked, “you know what I mean.”
"your girlfriend is MY sister, that ain't happening." Sebastien said in a serious tone, making Pierre shut up.
"well your parents went out already and the girls are still asleep... I think" said Pat.
"ill go wake them up" I said "but you lot need to get out of here first".
Once the door was shut I got out of bed Sebastien not wanting to let me go, "baby I'll be back okay?" I told him and he simply nodded.

I stuck me head out making sure the guys weren’t up here still and then slipped into my room.

"OI WAKEY WAKEY"
"mmm whatttt" groaned Kayleigh.
"you two too, come on get up"
"arghhhh" groaned Belle and Kailyn
"GUYS GET UP THERE'S FOOD?" I tried.

“huh food, hold on let us get dressed” Kayleigh said opening her eyes and sitting upright, “oh its just you, I thought it was one of the guys, shows how asleep I really was” she said laughing, while Kailyn and Belle slowly get up still rubbing their eyes
“what’s the time?” Kailyn asked yawning
“its 11:30 so I think you should get up” I said
We all got dressed and headed downstairs to find the boys all sitting in the lounge room and Sebastien in the kitchen

We entered the kitchen to find all the boys around sitting at the table except for Sebastien who was as the stove.

"hey boys move out we're hungry" yelled Kailyn death staring the boys until they got up and moved.
"thank you" she said smiling.

I think that smile was directed right at David since he smiled back, but I kept that little moment to myself and smiled smugly.

"what you smiling about?" asked Chuck a little confused.
"nothing, just happy that I have some amazing friends and the best boyfriend" I said as Sebastien handed me my share of pancakes
"thank you" I said before kissing him on the cheek.

"hey has anyone seen my laptop?" I asked before we got to cleaning up. "yeah I took it upstairs when we were setting up when you left last night" Kayleigh said
"not like you need your laptop now were going to start cleaning" said Patrick "I needed to check my emails and calls" I said
"oh yeah that reminds me your parents called the house last night wanting to wish you a happy birthday but well you were out" Kayleigh said,
"well thanks for the memo I should probably call them" I said,
"here go call them back" Sebastien said tossing me a phone card,
"thanks Hun, wait how'd you get this," I asked pointing to the card.
"the boys went and grabbed it while we were at dinner"
"well then I'll be back" I said smiling.

I picked up the phone, entered the number on the back of the card and then my home phone number. It was around midday here on Saturday so it was early morning on Sunday there. I waited for someone to answer and then I heard dad's voice
"hello?"
"hi daddy!"
"Jessie! I guess Kayleigh and your other friends passed on the message that we called!"
"hahaha yeah they told me just now... So I ran into the other room" I said laughing.
"well Happy Birthday sweetie"
"thanks daddy"
"how was the surprise?" he asked
"hahaha it was good I really had no clue at all, Sebastien took me out for dinner and them we came back and well yeah party" I said laughing,
"who's on the phone?" I heard mum ask in the background,
"here wish your daughter a happy birthday" dad said handing the phone over to mum.
"happy birthday my sweet Jessie!"
"thanks mumma" "I heard your friends there threw you a surprise party"
"yeah they did" "did you have fun" "mumma, it's me and a party, of COURSE I had fun" I said laughing
"Jessie did you touch the bottom of the cake" she asked slyly
"maybe"
"did a certain boy get a kiss?"
"mhm maybe"
"hahahaha well good to know you had fun. I’m starting to miss you you know? And I know your friends do, every time I see Taylor or Rebecca they ask how you are and tell me you send them emails every now and then,"
"mummy I miss you too and I miss the girls and everyone else, I should probably email a bit more but I guess I just get caught up with everything happening here. Sight seeing, school, friend's, shows. You know, life" I said chuckling.
"yeah I know baby girl, we miss you but it's good to know that you're really enjoying yourself and will have plenty of stories and photos for us when you get back"
"YESSS!!! Definitely"
"hold on while I've got you you're sister wants to talk."
"hiya there sis"
"happy birthday Jess!"
"thanks"
"well that's really all I have to say because I'm sure mum would have already filled you in on anything"
"okay then..."
"Jessie you still there" asked my dad
"yes dad I'm still here but I feel bad letting everyone else cleanup and not help, so I should probably go"
"yeah I know, just one thing, I miss you but I hope you're having fun"
"thanks dad I am"
"and don't forget pictures of everywhere you go and don't forget us people back home okay?"
"never would I forget you guys. No matter how much I just want to move here and not come home" I said jokingly but I had some thought about it since I really liked it here.

It was kind of like Sydney but with the beach still as far as it is back home and the snow... Well on my doorstep, but it definitely wouldn't be happening any time soon. That I was sure of.

"okay sweetie, I'll let you go then, I love you. And stay out of trouble missy!" "love you too daddy, I won't don't worry" I said mischievously.

"how is everyone?" Kayleigh asked as I came back in
"yeah they're good" I said as I kind of choked on my words.
"hey what's wrong?" Sebastien asked lifting my head up by placing his fingers under my chin
"nothing I'm fine" I said pulling a smile trying to hide the tears I always got in my eyes after talking to anyone back home.
"no you're not" Sebastien said before pulling me into a hug, "home sick?" he whispered into my ear, and I just nodded burrying my face into his chest.

"GROUP HUG!" yelled David before everyone ran in and engulfed me into one massive hug.
"okay guys I, I can't, can't really breathe!" I croaked making them all get off of me.
"just a little homesick guys, I'll be fine. Besides like I said before, I've got some of the best friends to keep me busy" I said laughing, and wiping away the few stray tears that had managed to escape from my eyes.

"Oi guys" I said, they all turned around still slightly shocked that I use the term Oi in a variety of situations, "how much do I owe you all for the phone card?" I asked.

"not a cent over zero dollars" said Patrick somehow managing to keep a straight face.
"seriously guys how much do I owe you? It's not like you have endless money to spend on me just because"
"nope consider it a birthday preset" said Chuck.
"which reminds me you have presents! But once we're done cleaning" said Belle, making the boys groan at the realisation of having to actually clean.

"here's your presents!" said Kayleigh as her and Pierre brought a number of boxes in.
"what on earth am I going to do with all this stuff?" I said
"I guess we'll ship it home if we have to?" Sebastien said,
"now when did you get so smart" I teased, earning me a shove on the shoulder.

I opened all the other presents Before getting to the ones from our little group, which was mainly a mix between money, vouchers, CDs and some Canadian kind of things. The Boys had all put in together and bought me a whole heap of small things, and Kailyn and Belle had scrap booked everything I've done while here as well as a voucher for a clothing store and told me that they'd take me shopping.

"Kay, what is this?" I asked her as she handed me two packages, one which was really small and the other that was decently big in comparison and was soft.
"well maybe you should open it!" she said,
"gosh Jess, didn't realise you were so dumb" teased Sebastien, making me laugh. I opened the bigger package first, she had bought me a really nice knit jumper/ shirt.

"Kayleigh, I love it!" I said showing it off.
"good because even if you didn't I would've made you wear it because it's gorgeous"
"hahaha whatever you say Kay,"
"open the other one!!" she yelled pointing at the smaller package. I opened it and found two little charms; a house and a snowman.
"umm Kayleigh, thanks these are great, but I don’t have a charm bracelet for these to go on" I said a little confused.
"don't worry about that" she smiled cheekily, "the house is a reminder of our cosy little house and my family, and the snowman is a reminder of Canada in general" she said smiling.
"ahem" Pierre cleared his throat.
"I mean theyre also a reminder of our little family here too, since I guess we're all more than friends but family" she said smiling.
"thanks guys I love you all and for everything, you really didn't have to." I said smiling.

"Umm Jess, there's one more present" Sebastien said handing me over the last box, with a smile.
"Sebby I told you not to get me anything!"
"come on how could I not get you anything"
"you know a kiss would have been sufficient" I said smiling before he kissed me on the cheek.
"guys stop it!" said Patrick trying not to laugh at us. I slowly unwrapped the wrapping and found a box. I opened the box to find a bracelet, a charm bracelet with one little charm on it, a guitar. I just looked at him, it was a really nice bracelet and it definitely wasn’t cheap.

"it's beautiful, thank you so much" I said leaning in and kissing him softy "and I like the guitar" I said smiling,
"hope it reminds you of me" he said smiling,
"trust me it does" I said kissing him softly.
"umm guys the rest of us are still in here!" yelled David, making me giggle.

"well all I can say is thanks for everything" I said shyly.
"wait does that include me?" asked Patrick, in a smart ass tone sticking his tongue out at me.
"Pat just because we fight a lot and punch each other a lot and verbally abuse each other a lot, doesn't mean I'm not thankful" I said sticking my tongue out at him.

Later in the afternoon everyone had left except Pierre, so we decided to have a movie marathon in the basement.

"Kay," I said getting her attention as Sebastien left the room
"yeah what's up?" she said turning her head towards me over Pierre's shoulder as she was lying down on the couch next to him.
"how much was my bracelet?" I asked,
"I'm not telling you"
"you're not telling me because I'd kill him at how much he spent, or because the fact that it was a present?"
"both I guess" she said.
"it's just that, you know, I didn't want him spending too much especially with everything else he hasn't let me pay for since we started going out, and really I don't him spending all his money on me" I said,
"don't worry mum and dad chipped in too," she said smiling, "besides Jess, you're special, very special to him" chimed in Pierre, "you know I think..." he kept talking and then Sebastien reentered the basement, making him stop.

"what do you think?" Sebastien asked sitting down and putting his arm around me.
"nothing, just he thinks you and Jessie are really great together and that she makes you really happy" Kayeligh said saving Pierre's ass.

I have a pretty good idea as to where Pierre was headed with what he was going to say but I guess I'll have to wait to find out.

"Hey Kay" I asked as we were getting ready for bed, "what was Pierre about to say before Sebastien walked in earlier?" I asked.
"what? When he was saying that you're special to Seb?"
"yeah that"
"I don't really know, you might have to ask him, he's only in the next room,"
"mhm" I said nodding my head
"but I think he was going to say that he's never had a girlfriend as special as you, and Id have to agree. I don't think Seb has ever felt the way about a girl like the way he feels about you" she said making me blush, and I just stared at her.
"what? It's true... he told Pierre and me when he was asking us what to get you. Earth to Jess!"
"ah yeah sorry, After talking to dad this morning I'm still a little homesick, and you saying that... I'll be back" I said pulling up a smile and leaving the room.

I knocked on Seb's door before entering to make sure both him and Pierre were decent since Pierre was sleeping in his room.
"yeah come in" Pierre yelled, and I went in.
"Hey Seb" I said smiling, and then going over to him, slipping my hand into his and giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"ahem" Sebastien cleared his throat,
"ah yeah I'll just be back" Pierre said quickly,
"hey Pierre if you want you can sleep in my bed" I suggested,
"ah yeah okay then..." he said before exiting the room.

"what's up?"
"mmm does something have to be up to want a hug from my boyfriend?" "Jessie"

Whenever he called me Jessie it made me smile.

"mhm"
"what's wrong?"
"Talking to my family made me realise how much I miss home" I said starting to sob, and burying my face into his chest.
"hey, heh it's alright baby, it's okay" he said comforting me guiding onto his bead while stroking the back of his head.
"hey maybe you just need to call home a little more often" he suggest softly.

"you know I'm going to miss you all so much when I have to go home... I'm going to be Canada-sick" I said while chuckling and sobbing all at once.
"so that's what this is about?" he asked, making me sob a little more and continue to burry my face in his chest.

"hey we won't have to deal with that till it happens. Besides you have that bracelet to remember me and you'll always hold a special place in my heart. Jessie, I don't EVER plan on losing you or forgetting you, okay?" I just nodded.

We sat there for a little while we waited for my tears to cease.

"are you done using my shirt as a tissue now?" he said chuckling.
"aha"
"wanna get some sleep?"
"mhm"
"umm Jessie you've got to let go of me and let me take my shirt off if you want to sleep"
"sorry, I just feel better in you're arms" I said as I let go of him.

We lied in his bed facing each other with Sebastien's arms around me and my head against his chest.

"Sebby, what did you say before about always having a special spot for me in your heart?" I asked softly,
"I meant that you're special, you're not like any of the other girls I've dated, I’ve never felt this way about anyone else, and this" he said pulling me closer, "this is real, and, well I love you and I don't ever Want anyone or anything to hurt you. You know you can always come to me if you're upset no matter what" he finished before kissing the top of my head.

"Sebby did you just say... Did you just say you loved me?" I asked a little stunned.
"mhm"
"well you want to know a little secret?... I love you too" I said before snuggling closer to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the wait, i've been weighed down with school work, but i'll do my best to keep updating as quickly as possible :)

let me know what you think as usual.