Sequel: Meet You There
Status: FINISHED

Exchange

Chapter 6

"So what's tonight got in stall for us?" I asked Kayleigh.
"Not sure, I don't think there's much on" she answered.
"Oh you guys are back..." Seb trailed off as he came up from the basement and grinned when he saw me. I was starting to wonder if he was always this happy or if it was just me.
"Yeah we are...?" Kayleigh asked in a questioning tone.
"Well the boys are here, playing video games downstairs... We were gonna head out and get pizza later and then band practice after at Chuck's... If you two were interested?" he said.
"Ahh thanks for the offer but..." Kayleigh started; "we'll think about it and get back to you" she finished.
"So I'll take that as a yes, I'll call you when we're ready yeah?"
"Or like an hour before your ready?" she compromised. "Fine, whatever" he stated.

On the most part even though Kayleigh and Sebastien were so different they got a long pretty well, they understood each other and even though they fought it was never really an issue. "so err what now?" I questioned, "let's put this stuff upstairs and then... FIRST TO THE PARK!" "wait what?!" man she had a head start on me, crap I'm wasting time standing here, so I dumped my stuff on the couch and ran "HEY THAT'S CHEATING" I heard her yell "HEY NO ONE SAID I COULDN'T"

It's safe to say I beat her to the park, we hung around for a while, sat on the swings, talked about meaningless crap; home, clothes, music. After an hour or so we headed back home, and decided we should probably get ready for dinner. Once again, Kayleigh had chosen an outfit for me, and insisted I wear it; definitely more me than the dresses and stuff she'd made me wear for the last week. A pair of high waist shorts, a pretty tee which was hers, and the new colourful DC high top sneakers I'd bought earlier. While Kay had a shower I put a bit of make up on and went down stairs, only to find the boys had migrated into the lounge room.

"Ah hi there" I said shyly,
"oh hey Jess, you know Pierre, Pat and Chuck. This is Jeff and David"
"Jeff and David, this is Jess" Said Sebastien taking care of the introductions in French.
"Hi there" I smiled, before David pulled me into a hug. Wow everyone was friendly around here. Well at least the people I knew were.

"Where's Kayleigh?" Sebastien asked, still speaking in French
"still getting dressed" I responded.
"Still?"
"Hey I'm easy give me clothes I'll put them on, looks good I walk out the door" I laughed bringing the conversation back to English. I could tell everyone's eyes were on me while we conversed as they're conversations had ceased.

"FINALLY" me and Sebastien cried as Kayleigh came down stairs.
"Okay let's go" Sebastien said as he directed us outside to the cars.

Pierre Jumped into the back seat between me and Kayleigh while Chuck jumped in the front, and the other three got in Jeff's car.

"Who's up for a fun night?" Pierre yelled once inside the car, before putting his arms around both me and Kayleigh. I noticed the look on Sebastien's face when he noticed Pierre arms were around me and Kay. He seemed very uncomfortable, like his arms should NOT be there, but I wasn't sure if it was because his best friend had his arm around his sister or because his best friend had his arms around me.

I started feeling slightly uncomfortable with his arms around me, when I noticed, I guess that falling asleep together on his bed last night meant more than I initially thought. And those smiles every time he saw me, oh his smile was amazing and ...

"Earth to Jess!! we're getting out of the car, we're here, there's food"
"ah sorry Kay, I was in my own little world"
"ah yeah I could tell... You right?"
"ah yeah I'm fine" she grabbed me and pulled me into a hug as I got out of the car making sure I was alright
"talk later yeah?" she said sternly,
"mhm" I nodded. Great. How was I going to tell my roomy and well basically best friend that I think I might have feelings for her brother.

"So Australia hey?" David asked while we waited for pizza.
"Yeah the one and only" replied
"what's it like there?" Jeff asked.
"Well its kinda just like here, except it doesn't get freezing in winter and it gets pretty damn hot in summer. But we do get snow, down in the Snowy Mountains"
"Wait there's snow there? I think of Australia like hot days, beaches, hot girls", David said.
"That's what I said, that's why I love to ski... Ah yeah a lot of people think like that. And you telling me I'm not hot?" I gave him a stern look, in a completely sarcastic tone.
"That, that's not what I meant, Ahh" he didn't know what to say and I just laughed.

Sebastien just looked at me and smiled. I guess we kind of had the same humour too, and then realised I was staring at his beautiful smile, shit. Our pizzas finally came and I swear I don't think those boys had ever seen a girl eat like me because I dug in straight away and they just looked at me. Admittedly I WAS ridiculously hungry and I DID eat differently to most other girls. While most girls worry about manners; who take the first slice, or the use of fingers, its not that I couldn't care less, its just that, growing up with boys... I guess you learnt to eat smart and quick; get in, get out. After finishing the pizza's and some small talk, the boys split the bill, Sebastien not letting me or Kayleigh pay, and we got back in the car and went to Chuck's house since they wanted to rehearse.

They boys played a few songs and Sebastien kept smiling at me and I couldn’t help but smile. I really liked this sound they had, it was kinda like a punk-rock sound with a hint of pop, nonetheless I liked it. They boys had a few songs they'd written themselves but mainly practiced covers, Sugar Ray, MxPx, Blink, you name it.

After a mix of songs, Chuck went to grab some drinks and snacks from upstairs. When they came back Kayleigh handed me a coke, I think she could tell I was starting to get a little tired and that I could do with a bit of an energy boost.
"that was awesome, you guys are really good! You could sell out arenas or something" I laughed.
"really? You think?" all five boys questioned while Patrick sat there laughing.
"really, you guys are pretty awesome, I'm not gonna lie. Let me know when you play a show, I'd love to come watch!" I said. Sebastien just smiled at me, and I smiled back. Between his eyes and his smile, I couldn't stop smiling.

The boys played a few more songs, and we just hung out for a while, talking, randomly playing and singing songs in the middle of our conversations. This was starting to feel like it did at home; hanging out with my friends like this. Music, Food, stupidity, EXACTLY like me and my friend's back home.

We left just after midnight, with "byes" and hugs all round. I had to admit, I'd had a good night. On our way home we dropped Pierre and Pat off, and when we got home, Kay and I said goodnight to Sebastien and collapsed on our beds from exhaustion.
♠ ♠ ♠
hit me up with the feedback. you know where to find me.