Sequel: Meet You There
Status: FINISHED

Exchange

Chapter 8

I woke up to Kayleigh moaning from a headache from her hangover, and just in time Sebastien walked in with a bottle of water and some painkillers. It's not that their parents condoned drinking its just that they condoned getting drunk, and yes there was actually a difference.

"Ah thanks" Kayleigh mumbled as she took the pain killers, then mumbled something about who was home in French, according to Seb there was no-one except us three then he left us to go do something.

I honestly thought Kayleigh had forgotten about wanting to talk from over a week ago until now.
"Hey Jess, can we talk?" she asked.
"yeah sure" I said, crap. "what's up?" I asked.
"you remember last Saturday when we were out with Sebastien and the boys?"
"yeah" how could I forget Sebastien was smiling at me the entire night.
"when Pierre put his arms around both of us in the car, I thought the look on Sebastien’s face was from Pierre putting his arms around me"
"you noticed that look too?"
"then I realised, he's never cared if Pierre or any of the other boys put his arm around me, then you zoned out, and well I think, I'm just putting two and two together, but do you like him?"
"who? Sebastien?"
"yeah you know the boy in the next room?"
"well umm yeah. I know he's your brother, and you've become my best friend, but his eyes are mesmerising and his smile, his smile it makes me melt and then last night..."
"woah stop there, STILL my brother"
"hahaha sorry, don't worry nothing happened apart from talking and keeping me warm and the few kisses..."
"really? My brother? Just do my a favour, and remember IM your bestfriend, but he's my BROTHER okay? Just I don't need to hear all the mushy details, because well… brother" she laughed.
"to be honest I dont really know what we are but I know he likes me, and there's no escaping him, we live in the same house for God's sake"
"hey trust me on this, he wouldn’t have acted on his feelings if he wasn't sure about them, go talk to him, yeah?"
"you sure?"
"positive now go, and let me try and get over this hangover before my parents and Natalia get back"

Okay Jess, you can do this. I knocked on Sebastien's bedroom door "come in" I heard, so I walked in. As Soon as He realised it was me he got up and came and hugged me. We stood there for a minute or two before I looked up to him, since he as slightly taller than me, to quickly kiss him.
"Sebastien?" I asked.
"yeah what's up?"
"what are we doing here"
"well I thought I was hugging and kissing a beautiful girl" he said, making me blush.
"Noo I meant us, idiot!" I said as I hit his shoulder.
"well depends, We could be just friends who really enjoy each other's company? Or well I guess... I was thinking... Would you go out with me some time?"
"oh you talking to me?" I teased.
"well you're the most beautiful girl in the room, correction the ONLY girl in the room, so obviously" he laughed.
"well I'd love to, but"
"but? No buts, just yes!" he pleaded
"hahaha I was just going to say, nothing TOO cheesy" I laughed.
"hahaha okay then" he laughed before kissing me softly but passionately. As I left the room he called after me "I'll pick you up on Wednesday, at 6pm" "got it!" I said quickly running back and kissing his cheek before going to check up on Kayleigh, who had fallen back asleep, I woke her told her what happened and then made her go back to sleep.

When Wednesday came around, Kayleigh had gone to Kailyn's to finish some group project and left me to get ready for my date by myself, completely unlike her. Sebastien wouldn't tell me what we were doing, so I grabbed a pair of jeans, a singlet shirt, cardigan and sneakers. At 6pm Sebastien knocked on my bedroom door, well he DID say he would pick me up then.

"come on let's go" he said grinning and grabbed my hand dragging me downstairs and out to his car.
"so where we going?"
"you'll find out, and don't worry there's food there!" he laughed.

We drove for about 15minutes before pulling up to a pizzeria/arcade. He parked the car and opened my door before I could. "come on!" he said once again grabbing my hand. "oh. My. God. Sebastien you genius! You are amazing" the place was filled with old arcade games and a few new ones.

"this is one of my favourite places, I figured you hadn't seen too much of Montreal so I'd take you somewhere different" he knew I ate anything so ordered the house pizza which was apparently amazing and I got a milkshake. After we ate I got some quarters out and started playing the Galaga machine, then pacman and then we versed each other on the car racing game.

"Well Mr Lefebvre I can definately say I haven't had THAT much fun on a date for well a long time" I said as we got back in the car,
"well thank YOU for you're company, I just have one order of business left," "and what would that be?" I questioned cheekily.
"well I was GOING to kiss this girl sitting in the passenger seat of my car, but then I realised, maybe I should ask her to be my girlfriend.." he trailed off. I didn't really know what to say, so I kissed him.
"I'll take that as a yes then" he laughed before starting to drive home.

We got home and Sebastien insisted on walking me to my bedroom door and kissing me goodnight, stopping just as we heard Kayleigh on the other side of the door.
I walked into our room and Kayleigh just stared at me as I smiled "what?" I asked.
"you know exactly what!" giving me a devilish grin.

I gave her a quick rehash of the night before sleeping. "you know, you make each other happy" that was the last thing she said before we fell asleep.