Sequel: All or Nothing
Status: Completed.

Right Here Waiting

Searching for the things to say

Brian’s routine was the same every day. He woke up, started drinking, did a signing or two, drank more, played the concert, and drank again until he passed out. Then he would start it all over again.

Currently, he was at Matt’s house watching television. Back at the summer, they’d all bought separate houses, when it looked like he was going to marry Amber. Since that hadn’t worked out, he hadn’t felt like being in the house alone, so he’d shacked up with Matt again.
He was sitting by himself because ever since they’d gotten back from Europe, the guys had all been busy. Every morning, they went out early and never told Brian where they were going. They still had three weeks until the second leg of their American tour started.

When he was in Europe, he’d been free of everything. All his thoughts, responsibilities, except for the band fell away. Now that he was back in the states, especially back in Huntington, he couldn’t help but have his thoughts return to Eliza. Her face, her memories, everything came washing back. With those thoughts, came the constant reminder that she was pregnant and getting married in a little more than a month. He sighed deeply and brought the bottle of liquor back to his lips.

A little while later, the silence was broken as Matt and Val rushed into the front door, laughing and smiling.

“Brian, I’ve got some news to tell you. I want you to be the first one to know,” Matt said.

“What’s up?”

“We’re engaged,” Matt said, looking lovingly at Val.

Immediately, Brian’s face lit up. He couldn’t help it; these two were destined to be together, and he was extremely excited for them. “Congratulations, you two!”

He stood up and hugged them both. Val left to make some phone calls and Brian was left alone with Matt.

They sat down on the couch together, and Matt looked at Brian. “How are you holding up?”

“I’m okay,” Brian said, bringing the bottle back up to his lips.

“Sorry I’ve been kind of M.I.A. here lately,” Matt said, taking the bottle as Brian offered it to him. “I’ve really wanted to spend some time with Val before I asked her.”

“Nah, dude, it’s okay. Don’t even worry about it.”

“Yeah, but I feel like you’ve been kinda left by yourself.”

“Matt, I’m a big boy. I promise I can handle myself,” Brian said, laughing.

“Okay, if you say so. We’re thinking of having an engagement party before we go back on tour.”

“That would be awesome.”

“I’m hoping Jimmy will let us have it at his house so we can have the pool, too.”

“Yeah, that would be pretty great. I’m real happy for you, Matt. That’s a big step.”

“Yeah, I know it is. I’m fucking nervous, though.”

“I don’t blame you at all.”

“If you had the chance, would you propose to Eliza?” Matt asked, not making eye contact with Brian.

Brian froze. He hadn’t thought about that. At one point, sure, he would’ve, but they didn’t even date before.

“We have a lot of shit to work through. It’s just not possible now.”

“What if it was possible?” Matt pressed.

“Again, we’d have a lot of shit to work through. If we dated, probably, yeah, I’d propose.”

“You still love her, don’t you?”

Brian sat quietly for a few minutes.

“Yeah, I still love her. I think a part of me will always love her. Why are you asking me all these questions?”

Matt was about to respond when Val hollered his name from the other room. He shrugged and stood up.

Now, what was that all about?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's filler-ish. however, i'm currently writing a bunch of chapters for you guys.
i just wanted to post this.. so i could see what you guys think is going to happen (:
maybe you might give me idears.
because you all know i listen to you ever so diligently ;)