Status: Not Yet.

Shielding Nothing

The Decision

Image

Now…

"Hey you." I said to him as he entered my door he scooped me up from the ground of where I was standing and carried me to the couch. He dropped my down on my own couch and then dropped his body on me.

"Umph!" I groaned as his body splattered on me.

"How was your day?" He asks me with his face in my neck.

"Great, job hunting is so much fun!" I said sarcastically. He raised his head to look at me then smiled and kissed my head. I felt his nose on my hair as his soft lips pressed on my head. He held onto me as I leaned in.

"Don't worry. There are millions of jobs out there… and we do live in America… we can go wherever we can." He said, I smiled. We were now cuddling on the couch. I love these moments, it seemed so unreal because it was so nice.

"I don't know. I can't believe it would be this hard after college." I said giving a slight smile up at him. He then wrapped his arms around me.

"It's okay, Jean. You'll find one. We'll go around later." He comforted. His thumb was caressing my arms comfortingly. I placed my head into his chest and took a breath in.

I then tried changing the subject. I didn't want him to pity me.

"What about you and that internship?" I asked. He scoffs. Uh oh… wrong freakin subject Jeanie!

"I hate that place." He groaned, "The girls are uptight and too needy and the men are all fat and grumpy. Not a good environment." He complained.

I then smiled, my heart flared… I had an amazing idea.

"So, what if I said that we should move to New York, right now? Would you?" I asked.

"Answer me truthfully." I told him, he looked up at the ceiling.

I stood up and kneeled down to look at him straight, eye to eye. He looked at me, then I saw that familiar twinkle in his eye.

I smiled widely.

I knew what that glint meant.

"Really?" I asked amazed.

"Yes. I want to get out of here… change the scene. And if you really do want to go to New York, we'll go." He said, I smiled and pounced on him. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and smothered him with light kissed.

"Are you serious with me?" I asked. He laughed.

"Yes. I promise…. let's leave." He said.

"Yes!" I answered and placed my lips on his. I smothered him completely, I am so happy right now.

"But on one condition." He said. I pulled back up.

"What is it Sir?" I asked.

"The condition… is that we to sleep in the same bed together." He said. I was bewildered.

"You want to sleep with me?" I asked confused.

"We've been together for 2 years now… I think it's time." he said. My eyebrows furrowed in.

"But… we never..." I said straying off. He probably understood what I meant though.

"No! No… not that… I meant like just sleeping. And I know that you don't want to give that up until marriage." He said reassuring me. I laughed slightly.

"As long as you sleep next to me, I'm good." He said assuringly, I smiled widely and hugged him tighter.

"Why not?" I agreed happily. "You make me feel like the bad guy." I confessed guilty.

He smiled and kissed me. He didn't respond and inside I felt more guilty.

Everyday, Cristian makes me feel like Cinderella but I hang him up like a pair of wet socks.

We spent the next week packing and looking at places in New York.

I couldn't believe this. It has been 3 months since graduation.
Most of his friends went out of state to go get jobs in other law firms. My friends we scattered around too.

Francis being a fashion major at Coast University in the fashion department is taking an internship with this famous fashion designer in New York… so we'd probably ring her up when we go there.

My other friend and dorm roommate Crista moved up to Washington to get a job there in business. I kept in contact with her, she has been dating this guy in the office. They post a lot of pictures up on Facebook.

Me, being jobless has nothing better to do than stalk my friend's profile page and see how their lives are progressing along.

My other friend Kira is working at a game design business somewhere in LA. She's having a blast, as said on her status on Facebook.

All of my college friends are employed and doing the things they love while me? I'm here in my old rented apartment room moping around and complaining to my boyfriend who is too nice for his own good. What the hell did I do to deserve him. I really wonder sometimes. I took the most unemployed degrees in the states, why was I so stupid?

Why didn't I take a law degree like Cristian or a communications degree like Crista. I would be working right now instead of staying at home watching reruns of Friends, How I Met Your Mother, and George Lopez while waiting for my amazing boyfriend to come home and comfort me.

I have to change. Fast… What would my mother said if she found out what's happening to me. If my father found out… my goodness he would be riding the tour bus here to rock me out of my state… or give me that "pep" talk like the one of when we were helping the homeless as part of his fundraising benefit thing.

I sighed. I hope moving to New York would get me out of this dramatic funk.