You Got Me

One

I sit on the edge of the bed next to Dom listening to the steady tick and tock of his egg timer. It seems more like a ticking bomb to me. Ticking the seconds left before the end of our lives. Neither of us can deactivate this bomb.
I look at Dom and follow his eyes. His eyes locked on the boxes. E.P.T., Clearblue, One Step, and First Response. It feels like they are growing under our gaze. Becoming skyscrapers judging our dumb ass immaturity in this situation I should have never put us in.
Tick. Tick. Tick. Five, four, three, two. RIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGG! Dominic jumps and I make myself walk out to the bathroom where the tests are waiting on the edge of the sink.
Pink plus signs "PREGNANT"
I drag myself sluggishly into the room where Dom waits. "Well?" he asks. Tears fill my eyes as I sink to the floor.

I am taken back to the day when Adam and I fought at the fourth of July barbecue. The night this started. We were at my brothers place with all his friends and neighbors drinking dancing and grilling.

Dom and I just beat my brother David and his girlfriend Trixie at a game of front yard volleyball and Dominic picks me up spins me around in a hug and kisses me.
Of course Adam takes it the wrong way. He's so insecure and jealous. I take him by the hand and lead him away from the celebration into my brother's apartment.
"What is your problem?" I ask putting my hand on my hip
"What is going on with Dom?" he asks in a aggressive tone.
"Dominic? He's like my brother." I laugh taking a sip from the beer on the table next to me. It's probably my brother's so I really don't care.
"You kissed him!" Adam presses his hands to either side of his head in a frustrated manner.
"He kissed me. And it meant nothing. It was like kissing David. I didn't feel anything" I pull my hair back
"He loves you" this game of back and forth is getting old.
"Adam are you crazy. He's like my best friend. You don't see me complaining about your friend Isabelle. And she quite obviously moons over you"
"She's my ex!" he looks at me
"And she ain't over you but you don't see me pitching a fit when you two hang out"
"Bull shit. She's not in love with me the way that douche loves you"
I shove him "Don't call my friend a douche you douche!" I walk to the door. "Lets make this easy honey. It's over. Get the fuck out of here"
I spend the rest of the night drinking until i can't walk straight.
I wake up in the morning naked next to Dominic. I shake him awake and he looks at me and screams like a little girl. Needless to say my brother comes running and I duck under the covers. I end up seeing Little Dom and might I say… Not so little if ya know what I mean.
"Fin-a-fucking-ly" is all David says as he laughs and shuts the door.
Once I'm sure my brother's gone I peak my head out and look at Dom. "First. Why didn't I know HE was that big?" I point at his pink pistol. He laughs and bows and I smile " And secondly. Never again!"
"Seriously!" he nods getting out of the bed. He starts tossing our clothes from the previous night on to his bed. "How did this happen in the first place?" he asks
"My head hurts too much to think about it."I grab his shirt and pull it on. "See my undies?" I ask getting up and looking around the floor. I find them hanging from his mirror and he gets dressed in a pair of sweats and a clean tee.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lemme know what you think? It's something I've been working on for a while now.
Also can you read my other story. Its a one shot thingy called Never Again.
Please comment and subscribe!
~The Blue Meanie~