‹ Prequel: A New Beginning
Status: ACTIVE.

Till the End

First Day.

Abby's Point Of View

"Abby! Hurry up and get ready for school! Your breakfast is getting cold!"

"Okay Dad! Be there in a minute!" I yelled.

Today was the first day of school, my first day of Junior year to be exact. I was still debating what should I wear. I stood in my teal bra and matching underwear in my walk in closet, looking around. I finally decided to go with a simple, yet elegant outfit. I pulled over my floral black and pink tang top, navy blue skinny jeans and slipped on my black flats. I didn't want to go overboard with the makeup, so I applied mascara and some lip gloss. I left my hair down, being it naturally straight I didn't have to flat iron it. Thank god. I checked in the mirror for one last look and I was completely satisfied with myself.

I grabbed my gym bag that was filled with clothes and shoes because after school was volleyball try-outs. I really hope that I make the team. I walked out of my room, closed my door and turned around only to bump into Uncle Zacky.

"Oh! I'm sorry Uncle Zacky, I didn't see you there"

"It's alright doll. Hey, do me a favor? Could you wake up my lazy kid?"

I laughed. "He's still asleep?"

"Yeah. I was hoping that you could wake him up instead"

"Sure, no problem"

"Thanks Abby"

I made my way to the door that was completely covered with black paint, posters, and different brand name stickers covered. I knocked on the door once, no response. I knocked twice, yet still no response. I dropped my bags and turned the door knob. Surprisingly it wasn't locked as always. I made my way into the dark room and carefully not to trip over anything that's scattered over the messy floor.

"Oh god, what is that horrible smell" I said to myself.

This room really needed to be cleaned. I finally spotted the curtains and yanked it open, letting the beautiful California sun shine through the windows. I turned around, seeing a lump on the bed. Jayden.

I yanked his smelly blanket off of him, exposing a pale shirtless teenager, drooling on his pillow. Gross.

"Jay, wake up" I shook his shoulder, only resulting more drool to come out of his mouth. What the hell. I kept shaking his shoulder, yet no response again. I guess this calls for drastic measures. I stood on his bed, overlooking the drooling teen and then started bouncing up and down.

"JAAAYDEEEN!! WAAAKE UPPPPP!!" I yelled. I was laughing like a mad women. I was seriously having the loads of fun jumping on the bed!

"Abby! What the fuck?!"

I looked down and the sleeping zombie has awaken! Actually, he was bouncing as well which made it even ten times more funny.

"Will you stop jumping?! I'm awake!" He yelled.

I stopped jumping, walked off on his bed and made my way to his closet. I opened it up and grabbed a Metallica t-shirt, black skinny's and his black and white converse shoes.

"Here, put these on" I handed him his outfit and he began putting it on like a slow turtle.

" Come on Jayden, it's our first day of school! You don't want to be late!"

"Oh yes I do"

"You don't mean that. I'll meet you downstairs for breakfast. I think Uncle Jim is driving us too school"

"Who gave him permission to drive? Isn't his license expired or something?"

"Well I did and yes his license is expired" I replied, grabbing my bags.

"So you're willing to let our crazy Uncle drive around crazy so we could possibly die?!" He
asked, panicking.

"Stop being a drama queen. And we aren't going to die, you'll love me for this" I said. I made my way out of his room till I heard something.

"What'd you say?" I asked.

"Oh uh, nothing. I'll meet you downstairs in a second"

"Well alright then"

I swear, I thought I heard something the lines of "I do love you". It must've been my imagination. I walked down the stairs and made my way through the kitchen seeing my Mom
slaving over the hot stove. I saw a plate that was filled up with three stacks of chocolate chip pancakes and a glass of orange juice next to it. Yum!

"Good morning darling"

"Morning Mom" I said.

"Eat up now. You'll need a lot of food built up in you for tryouts today"

"Yes mom, I know"

I began digging into my pancakes and taking the first bite. It was complete heaven. Sweet, sweet fluffy heaven. The aroma of the pancakes must've been strong since I could hear a stampede coming along from upstairs. One by one, each Uncle kissed the top of my head and greeted me a good morning. Lastly, I saw my Dad coming out of the basement door and he walked his way to my Mom first and kissed her, then came over to me and playfully was giving me a head lock.

"Matt! She's eating! No wrestling in the kitchen!" Mom scolded.

"Yeah Daddy, no wrestling in the kitchen!" I mumbled out. I elbowed into his gut and he immediately released me.

"That's my girl" he managed to choke out. I laughed and continued to eat my pancakes.

"Morning Jayden. I warmed up a hot pocket for you" Mom said.

I turned to my left and saw Jayden packing things into his bag. I looked at the microwave for the time and it read 8:17. School started at 8:30! Oh shit. I drank my orange juice in big gulps and grabbed my bags quickly.

"Uncle Jimmy! We have to go now!" I said quickly.

"Aw! But I haven't eaten my pancakes yet!" he whined.

"Don't worry Jim, I'll save some for you" Mom said.

"Thanks Val! You're a life savor!"

We power walked all the way to Dad's Toyota Tacoma white truck and jumped right in. As soon as Uncle Jimmy started up the engine, Dad came running out and yelled "Oh fuck no Jim! You don't have your license!"

Uncle Jimmy was laughing madly, put the truck in reverse to back out of the garage and soon we were on the road to school. Jayden was looking through the CD collection for something to play during the ride, while I would punch Uncle Jimmy whenever we would pass a beetle car. Finally, we arrived at the school with only three minutes to spare. We got out of the truck and soon Uncle Jimmy was honking the horn multiple times for no apparent reason. Jayden and I walked away very fast in case we got in trouble.

Walking along the pathway to the front of the school, I could easily spy each group as a clique. Yes, cliques still exist. You got your prissy cheerleaders, the nerd group, the drama club, the outcasts, and most of all the jocks. My face lit up as soon as I saw my boyfriend Luke walking our way.

"Hey baby" Luke said, peeking my lips and wrapping his arm around my waist. I just smiled even more and wrapped my arm around his waist.

"Jayden" Luke said in a stern voice.

"Luke" Jayden said in return.

An awkward silence came upon us as we just stood there. Jayden never really liked Luke, considering he was known for being the 'badass' of the school. But Luke has been nothing, but sweet and loving to me. As for Luke, he wasn't a fan of Jayden either because he was living with me 24/7 and didn't like the idea of him seeing his girlfriend all the time.

The bell rang, signaling it was time for our first period class. Saved by the bell.

"I'll see you during lunch babe. Enjoy your classes" Luke said before giving me another kiss and walking off to his friends.

"You ready?" I asked Jayden.

"Ready as I'll ever be"

I laughed. I sling my arm with his and soon we were on our way to our first period: Photography. Jayden and I grabbed our schedule a week earlier, considering we got the hook ups from our Dad's being in a famous band. Turns out we have every class together.

This should be an interesting year.
♠ ♠ ♠
HOLY MOLY. First chapter! I'll mention people who commented on this chapter, in the next one! Give me feedback, much appreciated!

Subscribe.Comment.Enjoy! :)