‹ Prequel: A New Beginning
Status: ACTIVE.

Till the End

Grow Some Balls.

Jimmy's Point Of View

"So Jay, when are you going to grow some man balls and ask out Abby already?" I asked.

The kid and I were lounging around the living room watching a baseball game while everyone else were out back preparing another cookout.

"I don't know Uncle Jim, I don't know" he replied solemnly.

"What's not to know? You go up to her, ask her out and BAM! Two cuties are made"

"Easier said than done" he sighed, then sulked lower into the couch.

"Don't be so glum, chum. But everyone obviously knows you've had a crush on Abby ever since you two were munchkins. I'm still beyond surprise that Abby doesn't even know. And she's the smart one!" I claimed.

He peered towards the back door where there was a good glimpse of Abby helping out Matt with the grill. Seeing her bright smile made everyone's day. I can't imagine what it does to the poor boy here.

"Uncle Jim, how did you get with Aunt Leanna?" he suddenly asked.

"Well, it sure as hell wasn't easy. Of course I was being myself though, which she brutally was terrified at first, but when I started to stalk her more, that's when she started to warm up towards me and before I knew it, I unleashed a crazy maniac myself!" I explained.

"Wait, you stalked her?"

"Yes. How else was I supposed to get her attention?" I asked.

"How about actually going up to her physically instead of holding yourself back?" he suggested.

"Like basically what you should do?" I replied with a brow raised.

He was about to speak until he caught on what I was about to say and closed his mouth shut quickly. It's hard taking in your own advice while giving some towards others. I've been in many crazy experiences to deal with that.

"But I just don't want to go up to Abby and be like 'Oh hey Abby, how was your day? By the way I forgot to mention that I've been in love with you for years now and you make my heart skip a beat every time I'm with you' Uh no Uncle Jim, I don't think so"

"Well Captain Smart Ass, it does take time to be on a whole other level with Abby. But by the looks of it, I don't think you have much time left" I said.

"What makes you say that?"

I nodded my head towards the front door when the door bell should go off in 3..2..1

DING DONG

"What the hell?" Jayden said.

I stood up and walked towards the door to open it and only to reveal the least person on my liking list.

Luke

"Uh hey there Mr. Sullivan, is Abby home?" Luke asked hesitantly. His nervousness makes me laugh.

"Sure thing. Wait here I'll go get her" I replied.

I have a bad feeling something will definitely go wrong today.

Abby's Point Of View

"Daddy, can I ask you something?" I asked, watching the flames fire up on the grill.

"Sure thing, what's up?"

"Did you know in your heart that you were going to end up with Mom?"

Before answering, he chuckled a bit. I looked at him seeing a tiny grin plastered on his face, probably reminiscing on some ancient memories.

"When I met your Mother, of course she was out of my league. Your Grandma and Grandpa weren't very fond of me either. Everyone saw the terrifying side of me, but not your Mom.. Your Mom did something that no girl has ever done"

"Which was what?" I asked curiously.

"She took the time to get to know the real me. She saw pass the bully looking side of me and got to know the sweet and loving part of me. After that, we've pretty much spent the entire time with each other till now. And were still going strong"

I smiled at the fact that my parents were two amazing human beings that were young ones in love. I just hope one day that'll happen to me as well.

I continued to assist my Dad with the patty burgers on the grill till I heard Uncle Jimmy hollering for me. I turned around to walk up to him with a questioning look as to what he wanted. He didn't say anything as he just stepped aside, only to reveal Luke by the front door. I sighed and marched my way over.

"Hey Luke, what are you doing here?" I asked, trying to hide my hatred towards him.

"Sorry to just barge in like this-"

"Too late" Jayden interrupted. I rolled my eyes and looked at Luke for him to continue.

"But I just wanted to ask if you wanted to get some coffee or something? I mean it doesn't have to be coffee.. We can go for a walk in the park if you want too.. You know, some bonding or something" he replied.

I swallowed the large lump in my throat, not expecting this at all. I quickly looked towards Jayden for some help, but that was no good. All he had was an angry face on and if looks could kill, Luke would probably be in hell right now.

"Um I don't think that's such a good idea right now, considering at the fact that I hate your guts.." I responded.

"I know you hate me and I understand that you may hate me forever, but I'm willing to change that. You hating me is the LAST thing that I want in life"

"I don't know, Luke. Maybe some other time, okay?"

"Some other time? Sounds like a possibility, I'll take that" he said and turns around to exit the house.

"What in the hell was that?" Jayden asks, obviously irritated.

"He wants to get back together" I whispered more to myself.

"Well you aren't going back out with that clump nugget, are you?"

"Uh well, it's just.."

"Abby, you aren't serious about going back out with him, are you?" He asked in disbelief.

I silently starred at the empty spot where Luke was just standing a moment ago.

"He cheated on you for Christ sake's! You've heard the saying, 'Once a cheater, always a cheater' haven't you?!"

"I need a juice box" I murmured at dashed upstairs into my room.

This was utterly confusing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sloooooooooowly finding motivation in this story.